North Carolina GOP blast Dem VP Candidate for Foreign Flag Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    Not getting you confused, I did think that you have at least a small grasp of what goes on in the military. Apparently I was wrong.

When I said to take your diesel fuel and stick and stir up somewhere else; it obviously flew right over your "highly intelligent and incredibly good looking" head.

Now go stir it up somewhere else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5OmwOyOWac

If you're going to just avoid any sort of questions about the flawed logic and/or hypocrisy behind labeling one action as being for "political gain" while not doing the same for two completely similar actions, you should just say so.

Stating up front you won't answer other users or condone any different views at the beginning of your posts post would do far more than using passive aggressive deflection.

That, and properly understanding how the YouTube embed function works.

Comment

......and people insist on defending them...
      Not me. Like I've said before, I despise both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
        I know not you John...but watch how DoD continues....
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
          If you're going to just avoid any sort of questions about the flawed logic and/or hypocrisy behind labeling one action as being for "political gain" while not doing the same for two completely similar actions, you should just say so.
          If you bothered to read posts: 16, 21, 23, 25, 26, & 32 you would see that I haven't avoided any questions. I clearly stated my opinion on this matter.

You decide to jump in and stir up without taking the time to actually read what is being posted in this thread. Your "sort of question" was in fact a lame attempt by you to put words in my mouth.

The last time you were having a one on one conversation with him, in his office....did you notice that he was wearing an American Flag pin?

Do you remember the last conversation that you had with his son?

That, and properly understanding how the YouTube embed function works.
          No need to know how to link YouTube videos. You still followed my directions and finally learned something.

Now go elsewhere with your diesel & stick.....nothing else for you to burn here.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

If you bothered to read posts: 16, 21, 23, 25, 26, & 32 you would see that I haven't avoided any questions. I clearly stated my opinion on this matter.
            Yes, you expressed a heavy dose of hypocrisy - or perhaps just flawed internal logic. Which one was unclear. Hence the question meant for clarification, rather than just making false assumptions or resorting to an empty straw man fallacy.

Speaking of false assumptions and straw man fallacies...

You decide to jump in and stir up without taking the time to actually read what is being posted in this thread. Your "sort of question" was in fact a lame attempt by you to put words in my mouth.
            Man, it's like I can see into the future!

The last time you were having a one on one conversation with him, in his office....did you notice that he was wearing an American Flag pin?
            Nope. I never paid attention to his lapel. Find the whole practice silly and inconsequential to begin with.

Do you remember the last conversation that you had with his son?
            Never met him. Never claimed to know him well enough to condemn his fathers actions in his stead, either.

No need to know how to link YouTube videos. You still followed my directions and finally learned something.
            It's challenging to master clicking a button, but if you ask people here will help you. Better to try to learn new things than to wallow in deliberate ignorance.

Now go elsewhere with your diesel & stick.....nothing else for you to burn here.
            Now now, don't double down on the petulant passive-aggressiveness.

If you're going to stand by hypocrisy or incomplete reasoning, that's just fine. It's what is expected, really. But I am an optimist about people, and was hoping you'd be capable of responding to a question for clarification once rather than getting upset and resorting to multiple different fallacies as a deflection when cornered.

What can I say, I used to believe that adults were above such behavior. So you're right, I really did learn something from you.

Still, none of that connects with foolish statements like claiming his lapel pin was creating a false narrative, or forcing oneself to get upset about politicians using their family for political only just now - unless I am wrong and this was indeed the first time you'd ever seen an American politician make any sort of reference to their family. If you're that ignorant of the American political scene, then please excuse me, as I was wrong to consider you well informed.

Talk about false assumptions, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
              Politicians are never worth defending.

Comment

Yes, you expressed a heavy dose of hypocrisy - or perhaps just flawed internal logic.
                Neither, my opinion is based on a meeting with the man in his office and talking with his son on at least three different occasions while he was in my daughter's unit.

Why are you defending a politician?

Comment

Politicians are never worth defending.
                  Yet you still defend them......

I know not you John...but watch how DoD continues....

Comment

Neither, my opinion is based on a meeting with the man in his office and talking with his son on at least three different occasions while he was in my daughter's unit.

Why are you defending a politician?
                    I'd ask you to point out where I was defending a politician – preferably with a direct quote – but I don't have high hopes for a follow-through. The track record is poor on that front.

Yet you still defend them......
                    I'm not surprised you'd see it that way. It is a mentality that is unfortunately all too common.

Comment

I'd ask you to point out where I was defending a politician – preferably with a direct quote – but I don't have high hopes for a follow-through. The track record is poor on that front.

I'm not surprised you'd see it that way. It is a mentality that is unfortunately all too common.
                      VERY common in this forum. Posters are totally incapable of separating the questioning of their crappy sources with you supporting the issue or person they are ranting about. One does not equal the other but they are blind to that. I'd say about 80%.
                      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      And why the sea is boiling hot—
                      And whether pigs have wings.”
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X