Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colleges; becoming more Free, or more Fascist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colleges; becoming more Free, or more Fascist?

The F word is featured prominently, the same word that is sometimes used in college plays and often heard at ever campus riot pretending to be a rally.

That was some pretty ludicrous crapolla, but things must have gotten better in the last 5 years.
    ... right?

Nope.
    Its much, MUCH worse now.

‘I DO NOT FEEL SAFE!’: Newly Released Emails Show Liberal Students Pressured School to Cancel Ben Shapiro Event
    EXCERPT:
    Administrators at California State University, Los Angeles, tried canceling a speaking event by conservative commentator Ben Shapiro earlier this year. The university quickly gained national attention as students, parents, alumni and members of the media criticized the decision as stomping on free speech.

Shapiro ended up speaking at Cal State anyway on Feb. 25, but Black Lives Matter and other campus social justice organizations attempted to shut down the event by pulling the fire alarm in the auditorium where the conservative journalist was lecturing.

“Where the f*** is the administration on this campus?” he asked the audience after the alarm was pulled. “Where the hell is the administration on this campus?”

Over the weekend, conservative news site Heat Street released emails surrounding the campus controversy obtained through the Freedom of Information Act.

According to the more than 1,000 emails, administrators at Cal State L.A. received complaints from students comparing the event to an “undercover KKK meeting” and claiming they feared for their safety.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...e_Morning_Test

All the more reason taxpayers shouldn't help fund college education.
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
    Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

The icing on the cake;

If you have an hour to kill, its good to see.

If not, I can do highlights later.

Comment

Time for something NOT Trump or Hillary

Here are a couple of Old Liberals who are having a lot of trouble with the PC Mafia ruling our Colleges today.

Awesome, I would love to meet these guys!

What does it say about how extreme the Left has become when men like these start to look like Right Wingers ... just because they stand for freedom of speech?

And it is getting worse every day;

Comment

Worse... definitely worse

This one is more and more interesting to me -

Basically; a child of the 1960s and the sexual revolution, sees Free Love being turned on it's head by the new Puritans ... the Progressives that see Rapists under every bed and see every act a man can preform as Rape.
          Period.
          There was a move to make rules against Professors dating Students, Fair enough, but they also wanted to investigate all Professors that had marries students in the past as misogynists.

She took exception to that, wrote an essay, and then faced Federal charges under Title IX leveld at her by some very shady and ultimately incompetent Feminazis.

Comment

Seems to me humanity is going all Lemming, We're quickly heading toward the cliffs...
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Americas future right there. At thise rate you going to go the way of Rome only they lasted a few hundred years before they started there declin. 200 years from now what will be the America these people create.
              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                Seems to me humanity is going all Lemming, We're quickly heading toward the cliffs...
                Going? Has there been a period, an institution, a power structure etc. etc. in human history where things have not always been like this? To me it seems like all of us, every single person, is like the Emperor with his new clothes. And what's worse we all always think it's everyone else who is acting like that. We are all so stupid that even our intelligence is measured against the average...it's a bit like that Churchill quote "You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.", jut replace american with people...and "right thing" usually meaning something that works a bit better than anything else.
                Wisdom is personal

Comment

DePaul University Reportedly Bans Conservative Speaker Ben Shapiro: ‘This Is How Free Speech Dies’

Another university has reportedly banned conservative pundit Ben Shapiro from speaking at a campus event.
                  The decision was announced Monday in a blog post published on Shapiro’s Daily Wire. In the post, John Minster, vice president of DePaul University’s Young Americans for Freedom chapter, lamented the collapse of free thought and discussion on the increasingly liberal American campus scene.

So much for diversity and a balanced view/education. College Education is looking more-n-more a waste of time and money.
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                  “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                  Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Yale Forms Special Committee For Renaming Offensive Things

The Committee to Establish Principles on Renaming is exactly what it sounds like: A special group that will set rules to decide what aspects of Yale’s history should remain, and which should be purged.
                    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/01/ya...#ixzz4GntDM9i8

"Purged"??

Jeez, when will enough truly be enough for all these little Trotskys?

I have a song I wish that the free-thinkers left on College Campuses would adopt as their protest anthem against all this crap. I think the lyrics should burn in the ears of all of their professors and their pet Commissars;

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      The F word is featured prominently, the same word that is sometimes used in college plays and often heard at ever campus riot pretending to be a rally.

That was some pretty ludicrous crapolla, but things must have gotten better in the last 5 years.
                      ... right?

Nope.
                      Its much, MUCH worse now.
                      This may very well be a first but for a change I must completely agree with you. My son, who just recently finished college, explained to me that "safe spaces" are quite literally locations on college campuses where students are free from differing opinions. To say the least I was flabbergasted. I was always under the impression that the whole point of attending college was to be exposed to various view points that students may or may not be in sync with the their own world view; clearly I was wrong.
                      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        DePaul University Reportedly Bans Conservative Speaker Ben Shapiro: ‘This Is How Free Speech Dies’

Another university has reportedly banned conservative pundit Ben Shapiro from speaking at a campus event.
                        The decision was announced Monday in a blog post published on Shapiro’s Daily Wire. In the post, John Minster, vice president of DePaul University’s Young Americans for Freedom chapter, lamented the collapse of free thought and discussion on the increasingly liberal American campus scene.

So much for diversity and a balanced view/education. College Education is looking more-n-more a waste of time and money.
                        I have to concur with you; I have always found that civil discourse with people that have different opinions is a key ingredient to a healthy society.
                        Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                        Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

And this is why my call volume is so high. People who quite literally hate me as some horrible misogynistic racist violent pig.......but are singularly unable to cope with someone disagreeing with them. "He yelled at me" "ok, did he threaten to hurt you" "he yelled and called me a dumbass" *sigh*.......
                          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Well, it ain't just here -

This guy is priceless ;

Comment

A ray of hope!

Alumni cancel donations over social justice warrior protests
                              POSTED AT 1:21 PM ON AUGUST 5, 2016 BY JOHN SEXTON

The social justice warriors making noise on campus are also making an impact on alumni. The NY Times reports some older, successful alumni are pulling back on donations because they are so turned off with what they see happening on their former campuses:

A backlash from alumni is an unexpected aftershock of the campus disruptions of the last academic year. Although fund-raisers are still gauging the extent of the effect on philanthropy, some colleges — particularly small, elite liberal arts institutions — have reported a decline in donations, accompanied by a laundry list of complaints.

Alumni from a range of generations say they are baffled by today’s college culture. Among their laments: Students are too wrapped up in racial and identity politics. They are allowed to take too many frivolous courses. They have repudiated the heroes and traditions of the past by judging them by today’s standards rather than in the context of their times. Fraternities are being unfairly maligned, and men are being demonized by sexual assault investigations. And university administrations have been too meek in addressing protesters whose messages have seemed to fly in the face of free speech.

Their historical mission was to educate in the liberal tradition. That tradition is based on presenting ideas, challenging and sometimes difficult ideas to students. It goes back to the days of Socrates. But recently students have decided they are entitled to pick and choice which ideas they want to hear, and need safe spaces to recover from exposure to the hard ones. This is combined with a shocking lack of understanding of free speech. Why would anyone who believes in the true mission of education support the current institutions financially. To do so is tacit approval of their present condition.”

Frank L writes: “I am much closer in age to this millennial generation than the alumni described in the article but I sympathize with the latter. This absurd mindset of victimization, needing “safe spaces” and feeling vulnerable to “triggers” starts to look like a pathology. They should savor their victories on the campus while they can because the real world will not rearrange itself to quiet their tantrums and outbursts.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/08/0...rior-protests/

Of course, the reaction by the College Commandants will be to tell the Govt to tax people more in order to force us all to "donate" that money... instead of changing their ways they will become twice as stubborn, because that is what Jackasses do.
                              Watch for it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X