X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    He's someone that places religion over the constitution.
    Um, no. He's been a fairly good governor here. He's a good choice for VP. He has not imposed his religious beliefs here in Indiana. Things have carried on quite normally and very stably.

Personally I would like to see...
    And, personally, you're desires are not important. Except the one where you promised to leave our country if Trump is elected.

This choice was a surprise to me as well, but admittedly I wasn't following it too closely. Trump is still the obvious better choice over Shrillary, regardless of who his running mate is.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    He's someone that places religion over the constitution. Personally I would like to see a conservative who doesn't want to impose their personal religious beliefs on the rest of the country and allow more freedom for everyone, let people live as they wish. As opposed to having government regulate what people can or can't do based on religion. But, without a doubt he will sit well with Trump's core base so it's a good pick.
    we already have a government that is imposing its beliefs on everyone.
    It is just a different belief system than pence's.

I agree though, I would have been happier with a candidate who was more about being conservative than being religious.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Just heard it on CNN it is Pence!

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Gov Pence has until 1200 hours today, Friday the 15th, to file the papers with the Indiana Sec of State in order to remove his name from the GOP ballot for Governor. In Indiana a person can not be on the Ballot of Governor and also on a Presidential ballot. As of 0930 Central Time he had not done so.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
    I think it hurts Trump. IMO his best bet was a more mainstream Republican like Gingrich or Christie. Selecting Pence will further hurt Trump with women and minorities.
    Christie? You live close enough to Jersey to know what a horrible idea that would be.

Leave a comment:

• BigDog
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
    I think it hurts Trump. IMO his best bet was a more mainstream Republican like Gingrich or Christie. Selecting Pence will further hurt Trump with women and minorities.
    And that might just be the desired outcome. I still see Trump as a Clinton plant to damage the Republican brand and insure Clinton's election.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Pence has been the odds-on favorite for quite awhile. Solid choice... Sessions might have been better.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisF1987
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    All the talking heads seem to be sure about the pick, I am not!

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    All the talking heads seem to be sure about the pick, I am not!

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    He's someone that places religion over the constitution. Personally I would like to see a conservative who doesn't want to impose their personal religious beliefs on the rest of the country and allow more freedom for everyone, let people live as they wish....
    So, Trump, in other words?

Seems like a repeat of Obama picking Bidden; the best way to avoid assassination is to pick someone even scarier than you are.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    He's someone that places religion over the constitution. Personally I would like to see a conservative who doesn't want to impose their personal religious beliefs on the rest of the country and allow more freedom for everyone, let people live as they wish. As opposed to having government regulate what people can or can't do based on religion. But, without a doubt he will sit well with Trump's core base so it's a good pick.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisF1987
    started a topic Looks like Trump picks Pence as VP

Looks like Trump picks Pence as VP

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...eculation.html
    The VP nod may not be official yet Ė but Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is abandoning his gubernatorial bid, all but assuring heís in line to be Donald Trumpís running mate.

Republican sources tell Fox News that Pence, who faced a Friday deadline to make a decision, will not run for re-election.
    Very surprised by this move, I felt for sure that he would pick either Sessions or Gingrich. I have seen on Twitter and FB that many of his supporters (including Ann Coulter) are pissed because of Pence's support for free trade and immigration. They are furious that Trump picked a "cuckservative"
Working...
X