Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folsom Naval Reservist is Sentenced

A different outcome:

U.S. Magistrate Judge Kendall J. Newman immediately sentenced Nishimura to two years of probation, a $7,500 fine, and forfeiture of personal media containing classified materials. Nishimura was further ordered to surrender any currently held security clearance and to never again seek such a clearance.

https://www.fbi.gov/sacramento/press...fied-materials
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

I wonder why his case was handled by a magistrate instead of a military court?

He should have changed his name to Hillary Clinton and said he thought he was now a woman! That might have confused the courts.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

When I was first on active duty I recall another sailor took an RPM (Reactor Plant Manual) home to study so he could get qualified quicker (those are Confidential), and got caught bringing it back on the ship. No malicious intent, showed it to no one...

He got the max at mast, lost his security clearance, and was transferred to a non-nuke ship.

Hillary gets nothing? Yea, sure, I buy that.... NOT!

Comment

Why would you expect a similar outcome when it is a very different case???
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
          Why would you expect a similar outcome when it is a very different case???
          Compromise of classified material brings charges on "the average joe" every time. Hillary compromised classified materials by mishandling them.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Compromise of classified material brings charges on "the average joe" every time. Hillary compromised classified materials by mishandling them.
            You should have spent the morning listening to the hearing on TV.
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
              You should have spent the morning listening to the hearing on TV.
              I spent 27 years in the USN with a clearance and doing those 5 year background checks. Right now, Hillary could not pass one. She'd be denied a security clearance or employment in a sensitive position.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                I spent 27 years in the USN with a clearance and doing those 5 year background checks. Right now, Hillary could not pass one. She'd be denied a security clearance or employment in a sensitive position.
                You mean she wouldn't be allowed to serve as SecState?
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  You mean she wouldn't be allowed to serve as SecState?
                  Just not for the US... Like she was doing when working with Obama...

Comment

Working...
                  X