No announcement yet.

What now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't there a guy several years ago saying something about judging people by the color of their mind rather than their skin color???

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      No. I mean breaking up the union or having everyone white people hate leave.

Of course it will never happen, but it's the only way to solve this.
      How's the conehat and sheet fashion industry these days?

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
        How's the conehat and sheet fashion industry these days?
        .... and that is the level of discussion we can expect from some types.

Why do you think we end up with the same problems? Because the potential questions keep getting the same answers. (.... and if the question does not have a ready answer, make one up!)

You are a racist! (Nyah-na-nyah!) .... does NOT make for a discussion ending squelch all.

The definition of insanity is expecting different results with the same answers. Look outside the box!

GG
        "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

I'm not suggesting it because it's something I want. But, I see no other way given the amount of idiots in the world today. What do you suggest?
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
            The reason I ask is that with whites representing... what, 5 times as many whites than blacks in the nation, one would expect the number of whites shot to be roughly 5 times higher. If in total it was just say, 2 or 3 times as higher, that would still imply that a black American had a higher chance of being shot by a cop than a white American.

That's a wrong argument : there are also more women than men ,thus one should expect that proportionally more women would be killed ?

As they are not , there are only two possibilities : on 1 december, the police should stop killing men / should start to kill only women to restore the balance

That a black American has a higher chance of being shot by a cop than a white American is as meaningless as to say that a black American has a higher chance to die from cancer than a white American (if it was true ) :the only thing that is important is :is the police shooting black Americans because they are black ?

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              Wasn't there a guy several years ago saying something about judging people by the color of their mind rather than their skin color???

OTOH, there was also a woman who said that young black men were super-predators, now she is parading as the big friend of blacks .

I know only her Christian name = Hillary and that she is not good in e-mails .

Comment

Finally... black athletes are finally speaking out. Last night's ESPY show gave me some hope that things will get better. Obama does not have the influence that these athletes have over young disenfranchised blacks that are fueling the BLM movement.

Watch: The ESPY’s Open With Pro-Black Lives Matter Message –‘The Racial Profiling Has to Stop’
                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  1. The cops involved really need to be spanked.

2. Quit shooting civilians.

3. I don't give a rats ass what someone's color is. The cops need to find some restraint. Quit shooting people. Just stop it. This culture of gunning people down has to be stopped. I've lived most of my life with only one shooting of someone breaking in. Shot him in the leg and one shot from a .38 ended the crisis. Wtf is with our 'police'???

They seem to watch too many hollyweird movies. Maybe we should disarm them. Or better yet they show some restraint. Maybe public executions of cops would teach them restraint. Stop shooting innocents...

All lives matter.
                  I was tempted to ignore this, but you have made good posts in the past, so I decided to look into it.
                  You seem to be right.

And somebody needs to get this to the sane elements of BLM... the few that can be reasoned with. It shows that the stats on Cop shootings have spiked, but it is across the board, in no way is it specific to them-

http://www.killedbypolice.net

2013 - 733 killed
                  2014 - 1111
                  2015- 1208
                  2016 - 630, so far

At the same time, crime rates are dropping. 4.5 murders per 100,000. You would have to go all the way back to the nifty Fifties to find a lower rate; 4 per 100k.

I suggest that the Militarization of the Police is wrong-headed and that Fortress Washington needs to pull back & let local LEOs deal with things their own way.
                  One size does not fit all in a nation with over 300 million people.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                    That's a wrong argument : there are also more women than men ,thus one should expect that proportionally more women would be killed ?
                    One would if one started with the assumption that there was no statistical differences in those populations. However, that would be a hard thing to prove - and would depend very much on ones assumptions and hypotheses for the study.

For instance, one might look at the numbers and see that, since blacks are individually more likely to be involved in a violent crime than whites, that they are inherently violent on the basis of their race - which is the sort of pseudo-justified racism we've seen in the past, and is generally frowned upon now.

Instead, one has to go deeper with that data and look at other variables beyond skin-tone, even if one believes skin tone is the cause. For instance, one might take that data and then cross-reference it against location, education, employment, wealth, family stability, etc. to see if there are other variables at work.

If one were to believe it was just due to blacks either being inherently more violent or just because they're the victim of racist police, we would expect those other variables to matter less than just their skin color.

As they are not , there are only two possibilities : on 1 december, the police should stop killing men / should start to kill only women to restore the balance
                    That's not only an attempt at a fallacy, it fails on basic counting (and English).

That a black American has a higher chance of being shot by a cop than a white American is as meaningless as to say that a black American has a higher chance to die from cancer than a white American (if it was true ) :the only thing that is important is :is the police shooting black Americans because they are black ?
                    You don't seem to grasp what statistics mean or how to use them.

When you do a study, the data doesn't say why things are they way they are. You have to then use the data, analyze it, and try to draw conclusions from it. When it comes to police shooting blacks, that is why one has to examine more than just the surface figures.

I gave examples above of the sorts of variables that have to be accounted for if one is looking into such statistics. One might see that the reason blacks are involved in such a higher proportion of violent crimes correlates with family stability, income, and education, for example - and one could then use those to draw conclusions that the higher prevalence of problems in these areas among blacks when compared to the general population are a root cause.

And you are wrong to claim that it is meaningless if studies show that black Americans have a significantly higher chance of dying from cancer than white Americans. That's pretty important to know, especially if one can then discern why: is it lifestyle or biological? Many lives could depend on such a "meaningless" bit of information.

Comment

Any time a officer fires a weapon or uses leathal force there are protocols that have to be followed, facts not emotions have to be determined.
                      How the information discovered in those investigations is used is my question. Are lessons learned finding their way into the various police training programs across the nation or are the case facts sealed.
                      Case in point, the man who was shot and killed after notifying the officer that he had a CCP and was carrying.
                      Did the officer take control of the situation or did he react?
                      This is where things go bad. If the suspect was ordered to keep his hand up, but instead he reached for his ID the officer was forced to make a split second descion. If on the other hand, the officer upon being informed by the suspect that he was armed and had a permit said nothing, issued no order or instructions to the civilian and just reacted to the civilian as he attempted to reach for his ID there is a problem and more than likely it was the result of poor training.
                      As I understand this case, and like everyone else I am going by media reports, there had been a armed robbery and the description of the suspect and the car closely matched that of the man the officer pulled over. If this is true I have to ask, " if the officer suspects he has just pulled over an armed robbery suspect, shou,d he not be at the minimum conducting a felony stop? "
                      By that I mean the officer should have in that case not approached the vehicle at all, rather he should have used his PA to order the suspect out of the car and onto the ground face down spread eagle, or he should have waited for back up.
                      Of course this is Monday morning quarter backing.
                      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                        Finally... black athletes are finally speaking out. Last night's ESPY show gave me some hope that things will get better. Obama does not have the influence that these athletes have over young disenfranchised blacks that are fueling the BLM movement.

Watch: The ESPY’s Open With Pro-Black Lives Matter Message –‘The Racial Profiling Has to Stop’
                        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X