What now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What now?

The most recent shootings (executions?) are particularly troublesome in that the "Black Lives Matter" movement has new fuel to go on and the American People are even more further divided. This is deplorable.... more than that it is horrific..... from what I saw.

The unfortunate part of it is that I can no longer trust what I see on TV. Each network reports an incident differently. Some of them deliberately emphasize the worst that can be derived from whatever source it comes from. Taken to another level, since we cannot trust our newsies to report with a modicum of objectivity, NO ONE can come to a righteous judgement on a matter.

Which, of course, leaves each party to an incident to make their own judgement...... right or wrong. THAT, too, is a problem.

Two things come to mind..... first, the police may very well be on the defensive BECAUSE of the Black Lives Matter movement. They feel targets, and they have been targets...... it is possible, in fact, I can smell it!

Second, once again, we are forced to look at a civilian's point of view. This is the "first view"..... thus setting the scene, from a particular POV. Yet, the police cameras "take" is only for the officials to use, until the investigation is over. (By then, of course, the people have been fed the "other" POV and their minds are into a "the officials are lying" frame of mind.)

So, while there IS a number of things I might say about either incident.... in the name of justice..... I MUST not. (Nor should you!)

GG

P.S. The Gov of Minn is an idiot! He stated on TV that this would not have happened if the man was white!!!!!! JUST what the incident needed!
    "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

A key factor is that while the media makes money off media sensation, the police are bound by law to conduct a through and controlled investigation under conditions which will make prosecution possible should the need arise.

Freddie Gray is a prime example: with the hysteria done, the legal system has churned out two acquitted, one hung jury, and this morning the latest trial began with a charge being dropped.

The thing about video clips is a lack of context. A picture tells a thousand words, but the words may not be true or factual.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

1. The cops involved really need to be spanked.

2. Quit shooting civilians.

3. I don't give a rats ass what someone's color is. The cops need to find some restraint. Quit shooting people. Just stop it. This culture of gunning people down has to be stopped. I've lived most of my life with only one shooting of someone breaking in. Shot him in the leg and one shot from a .38 ended the crisis. Wtf is with our 'police'???

They seem to watch too many hollyweird movies. Maybe we should disarm them. Or better yet they show some restraint. Maybe public executions of cops would teach them restraint. Stop shooting innocents...

All lives matter.
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I don't see what the controversy is with the Louisiana shooting, the suspect was armed and was refusing to comply with the demands of the two officers. HE HAD A GUN IN HIS PANTS! HE WAS NOT UNARMED as the media claims

The Minnesota shooting however I think is a bit more suspicious. According to what I have seen, the victim was carrying a legally registered pistol .. and according to his girlfriend he was shot as soon as he informed the officer he was carrying. I'll wait for more facts before I completely rip the officer apart but this one looks like a bad shoot from the initial reports, I think the officer f--ked up much like the Akai Gurley shooting in NYC. Sorry folks but I don't think I can defend this one

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
          I don't see what the controversy is with the Louisiana shooting, the suspect was armed and was refusing to comply with the demands of the two officers. HE HAD A GUN IN HIS PANTS! HE WAS NOT UNARMED as the media claims
          He had a gun in his pants pocket but the two cops were on top of him and seemed to have him controlled. Unless he was going for the gun, it seems iffy to me.
          Whatever happened to nightsticks and tasers and the like? I thought that their purpose was so that you didn't have to go directly from wrestling to deadly force.

Comment

Question:

Why are police recruits taught hand to hand combat at the police academy when it is rarely used?
            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I can agree with the gripe that video clips don't offer context in which the incident occurred.

After watching the video clip of Sterling shooting, I'm not sure exactly what happened. I don't know if he had a gun in his pockets, but from the looks of this clip, the officers messed up this one though.

Initially, it's my thought that they had no excuse to shoot Sterling. But I'll wait for more facts to come out.
              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

The problem is, as Gunny pointed out, the damage is done no matter what the later determination is.

Blacks have already made up their minds about this, and that will matter a great deal in events to come.

And where, oh where, is our racist, motor-mouthed president in all of this?
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  The problem is, as Gunny pointed out, the damage is done no matter what the later determination is.

Blacks have already made up their minds about this, and that will matter a great deal in events to come.

And where, oh where, is our racist, motor-mouthed president in all of this?
                  I'm sure he'll be along promptly, with a nice divisive speech.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Well, all lives matter, as racist as that might sound to the BLM community.

More whites are killed by police than blacks.

More whites kill police officers than blacks, however, the number of blacks that do kill police officers is only marginally less.

Usually, these shootings are the result of a combination of not paying attention, not following instructions, testing authority, and resisting arrest.

With a very few exceptions most of these shootings involve criminals. Should I really be concerned?
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                      More whites are killed by police than blacks.
                      As a relative proportion of their population, or just in absolute numbers?

Comment

Cops Shoot White Guy in Fresno; Nobody Pays Attention
                        http://www.dailywire.com/news/7274/c...mpaign=dwbrand

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                          It's the same phenomenon we've seen before with kidnapping victims: that blond blue-eyed girl gets a lot more headlines than the black girl.

Why? Because it gets more eyeballs. It's all about the profit, in the end, and people are already wired to start paying attention so much more when a black man gets killed by a white cop - even if it is to sputter indignantly over the whole sad affair.

Heck, look at this thread for proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                            Question:

Why are police recruits taught hand to hand combat at the police academy when it is rarely used?
                            Really? Fascinating. I didn't realize you were an expert. Would you care to review use of force reports and see how much we use hands on versus shooting?
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                              Why should they? White lives don't matter!
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Working...
                              X