Is Democracy Dead in California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    Guys read the article in the op. The whole thing then decide. It just might change your mind...
    I had already decided not to re-visit the Caliban before I read the article.

I did like the way the Caliban keeps third-party nutjobs from obscuring the vote.

Texas did away with write-ins and toughened up the ballot rules so they seldom if eve come into play here, but they still can vote in primaries.
    Last edited by Arnold J Rimmer; 05 Jul 16, 16:45.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      Everyone is confusing an election with a primary. Not the same. Political Parties are PRIVATE groups that can do as they wish. Even now the conservative wing of the GOP is trying to make 2020 a series of primaries where only registered Republicans can vote. If state laws prevent that they will suggest forgoing a primary and having a Caucus or convention instead. Which is how it should be. I'm tired of tax money money paying too select a political parties candidate. It should be ALL private.
      I absolutely agree. If the Democrats want to nominate their candidate using a secret cabal let them. The only caveat in that is in the actual election they get caught cheating, their candidate (or that of any other party found to have done so on any level) is disqualified from the election.

Comment

Everyone is confusing an election with a primary. Not the same. Political Parties are PRIVATE groups that can do as they wish. Even now the conservative wing of the GOP is trying to make 2020 a series of primaries where only registered Republicans can vote. If state laws prevent that they will suggest forgoing a primary and having a Caucus or convention instead. Which is how it should be. I'm tired of tax money money paying too select a political parties candidate. It should be ALL private.
        Valid point but it begs the question; why bother with priliminaries if the Democrats already decided who we should vote for?

I'll give the Republicans this much; they didn't want Trump but the voters voted for Trump.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
          Interesting piece from the Huffington Post:

None of this is about Bernie Sanders. With this much fraud, it shouldn’t matter very much to any of us who is “winning.” Were Clinton winning these states cleanly and legitimately, people paying attention would stand back and congratulate her and her campaign. But this hasn’t been clean and legitimate, this hasn’t been democracy, this isn’t the vote so many people have fought and died to protect. When one stands back to look at the entirety of this primary, it has been rigged at every turn, from the scheduling of the debates, to the counting of the superdelegates, to the DNC secretly funneling party money to the Clinton campaign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b04650f1505de2
          Basically a rehash of all the same whining Sandersistas have been doing since the Primaries began with the added amusement that it uses exit polls and outlier opinion polls as 'proof' of voter fraud.

Sanders lost by millions of votes & hundreds of delegates. He lost by a LOT more than Clinton did in 2008. He didn't just need to win California, he needed to win it by something like 20%+. The polling averages had him well down.

More sour grapes from a voter demographic in love with its own opinions & incapable of couching a loss in any terms other than 'theft'. Just the left wing reflection of the sort of conservatives who will be using a lot of the same excuses when Clinton wins in November.
          Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
            Valid point but it begs the question; why bother with priliminaries if the Democrats already decided who we should vote for?

I'll give the Republicans this much; they didn't want Trump but the voters voted for Trump.
            Its no different than enacting rules meant to prevent outsider politicians from being capable of taking away votes: conservatives and liberals have a strong interest in subverting democratic principles for their own gain.

Comment

Oleg Volk asks ,
              "should California conservatives and libertarians move? I think, yes. The state is beyond electoral salvation, and moving out would deprive California government of tax revenues and would, after the next Census, reduce the electoral weight of the state relative to others. Further, continued exposure to CA laws would increase the probability of being charged and convicted of some crime with lifetime prohibition on voting, gun ownership and other civil rights. The same applies to non-leftist residents of New Jersey and New York.
              http://olegvolk.net/blog/2016/07/01/...rtarians-move/

There's a theory held by some in West Virginia that an effort to depopulate the state has been going on since the FDR era, thus the decades of aggressive attacks on its independent "borderlands" character, the promotion of insults and smears, the economic destabilization—most recently by using the EPA to destroy the coal industry , all calculated to prompt population outflow.

They say, with considerable merit, West Virginia has been treated shabbily compared to Virginia, the former heart of the Confederacy, from which they seceded to gain statehood in 1863. One goal of depopulation is to transform prime areas of West Virginia into an parkland for regime loyalists, with garrisoned retreats for the top dogs. That's the theory.

Extract the underlying concept of induced outmigration and entertain this thought: is it possible the ruling classes of California, New Jersey and New York, perhaps others, are intent on driving traditional Americans out of "their" states? They seem to compete for the most blatant flouting of law, the most offensive transgression of inalienable rights or the most novel assault on sanity itself , all targeting the same part of the citizenry.

An elite Manhattan school is teaching white students as young as 6 that they’re born racist and should feel guilty benefiting from “white privilege,” while heaping praise and cupcakes on their black peers.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/01/elite-k...e-born-racist/

Is it also possible there exists a coordinated effort, each state's initiative being a pathfinder for the others? Could the outflow of businesses and traditional Americans be their measure of success, after all, when "money" is created from nothing it's a 'no cost option' is it not? Every day it gets a little less crazy to think this way.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                Its no different than enacting rules meant to prevent outsider politicians from being capable of taking away votes: conservatives and liberals have a strong interest in subverting democratic principles for their own gain.
                The irony here is that the outcome of the Democrat Primaries were a much better representation of Democrat voters than Republican Primaries were of Republican voters. The variety of 'winner take all' states skewed the delegate count to the front runner.

Trump's victory was a considerably greater subversion of 'democracy' than Clinton's.
                Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  They say, with considerable merit, West Virginia has been treated shabbily compared to Virginia, the former heart of the Confederacy, from which they seceded to gain statehood in 1863. One goal of depopulation is to transform prime areas of West Virginia into an parkland for regime loyalists, with garrisoned retreats for the top dogs. That's the theory..

Tin foil hat stuff.

Ranks right up there with 'aircraft contrails are a government plot to poison us'. What air do they think the government is breathing?
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Tin foil hat stuff.

Ranks right up there with 'aircraft contrails are a government plot to poison us'. What air do they think the government is breathing?
                    CAN'T BE!!!!!! Glen Beck even wrote a novel about what will happen after Agenda 21 is fully implemented!!!!!!!

http://www.glennbeck.com/agenda21/
                    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    And why the sea is boiling hot—
                    And whether pigs have wings.”
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

CAN'T BE!!!!!! Glen Beck even wrote a novel about what will happen after Agenda 21 is fully implemented!!!!!!!

Don't worry, Conservatives still eat this stuff up. It's like Disneyland for loons: it makes them feel special. Just let them have their moment in the sun as a special little threatened snowflake.

Comment

The man knows how to make a buck. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                          The man knows how to make a buck. Good for him.
                          There is a lot of pride for conservatives who lie to make a career. Of course, they can't abide when a liberal does it, though. They don't want the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Or there's massive election fraud. That's what I believe.
                            I'm with you on this belief. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother casting my votes.

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                            My only issue there is that I don't believe in conspiracy theories on that scale.

To commit such fraud over such a long period of time would require hundreds of thousands of people, all of whom would have to keep silent over the decades, with even the opposition parties in tightly controlled states not spilling the beans on their opponents.

I mean, don't you think at least one guy with irrefutable proof of this would have gotten disgruntled and released that bombshell?

There has been instances of someone slipping but the media does not report on it. They are eventually forgotten when the next sensational headline hits the press. The most recent is the Bernie camp complaining about electoral fraud. They've uncovered some interesting tricks by complaining about Hillary's tactics.
                            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X