Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Democracy Dead in California?

Interesting piece from the Huffington Post:

None of this is about Bernie Sanders. With this much fraud, it shouldn’t matter very much to any of us who is “winning.” Were Clinton winning these states cleanly and legitimately, people paying attention would stand back and congratulate her and her campaign. But this hasn’t been clean and legitimate, this hasn’t been democracy, this isn’t the vote so many people have fought and died to protect. When one stands back to look at the entirety of this primary, it has been rigged at every turn, from the scheduling of the debates, to the counting of the superdelegates, to the DNC secretly funneling party money to the Clinton campaign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b04650f1505de2
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Imo the answer is yes. What we need is a federal crackdown on voter fraud and the computers switching votes...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Minor point of order here. Our nation is a representative republic, not a democracy. More than a slight difference in those concepts/systems.

Democracies trend to dissolve into mob rule and than back to some form of tyranny.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        Minor point of order here. Our nation is a representative republic, not a democracy. More than a slight difference in those concepts/systems.

Democracies trend to dissolve into mob rule and than back to some form of tyranny.
        Yep.

Democracy dies from self-inflicted wounds as soon as a majority figures out that it can vote for whatever it wants. Mental green****ation is largely the result of scientifically illiterate voters thinking that the laws of thermodynamics can be amended by popular vote.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          Democracy dies from self-inflicted wounds as soon as a majority figures out that it can vote for whatever it wants. Mental green****ation is largely the result of scientifically illiterate voters thinking that the laws of thermodynamics can be amended by popular vote.
          Gee, sounds like the DEM-O, demo!

GG
          "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
            Gee, sounds like the DEM-O, demo!

GG
            Unfortunately Republicans are almost as bad... Madison and Jefferson would be rolling over in their graves.
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Minor point of order here. Our nation is a representative republic, not a democracy.
              Actually we are neither going by what the article says. She has links that backs up everything that she said.
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

One of the telling things was I didn't see one bumper-sticker nor signage for shillary yet lots of them for bernie and she still won???

But I've been certain that fraud was going on and have complained about it over the years...

Nothing new here...
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                    Actually we are neither going by what the article says. She has links that backs up everything that she said.
                    According to the U.S. Constitution, we are supposed to be a Republic. That such has been undermined in recent decades, as your article/link point out is quite probable. I'm not disputing that or that there are serious issues of voter fraud/election "mis-counts".

Words convey concepts and the concept of Democracy is far different from Representative Republic.
                    The American Form of Government;
                    https://youtu.be/DioQooFIcgE

Comment

Words convey concepts and the concept of Democracy is far different from Representative Republic.
                      I know what type of government we are supposed to have, it is clearly stated in the Constitution.

If you would take some time to read the article you will learn that the author used the word "democracy." I did a cut & paste of the article's title.

You are barking up the wrong tree if you think I don't know what type of government we are supposed to have. I recommend that you contact the author and school her.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                        I know what type of government we are supposed to have, it is clearly stated in the Constitution.

If you would take some time to read the article you will learn that the author used the word "democracy." I did a cut & paste of the article's title.

You are barking up the wrong tree if you think I don't know what type of government we are supposed to have. I recommend that you contact the author and school her.
                        Paul I read the article and I realize those are the author's words. I think you are reading and taking this too personally. Consider stepping away from the screen and take a deep breath or two. This is a molehill being made into a mountain.

I don't recall mentioning you specifically in that post or making such an inference, and fully understand the copy-paste of article titles and contents. I've also experienced posters thinking such were my personal words, not material presented for general consumption and consideration. My post was to the broad audience of readers, not to you personally.

Comment

The answer is yes - democracy has been dead in both California and the rest of America for decades.

America became an elitist oligarchy shortly after WWII and it had gone further and further in that direction since then. There is no longer any pretense about the "will of the people".

"The People" now exist to pay the taxes that fund the political/military/industrial complex that runs the country.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                            Unfortunately Republicans are almost as bad... Madison and Jefferson would be rolling over in their graves.
                            Both of them were substandard presidents. The first got the US involved is a war against the most powerful naval power in the world which wasn't conducted in anything like a competent manner until 1814. The second degraded the US armed forces so that they were unable to wage war against any type of legitimate power. Further, Jefferson managed to believe that the taking of Canada would 'be nothing but a matter of marching.'

These two former presidents would fit right in-they are not among the greatest of the bunch.
                            We are not now that strength which in old days
                            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                              Both of them were substandard presidents. The first got the US involved is a war against the most powerful naval power in the world which wasn't conducted in anything like a competent manner until 1814. The second degraded the US armed forces so that they were unable to wage war against any type of legitimate power. Further, Jefferson managed to believe that the taking of Canada would 'be nothing but a matter of marching.'

These two former presidents would fit right in-they are not among the greatest of the bunch.

They were the primary authors of our Declaration of Independence and Constitution. This has nothing to do with opinions of their presidencies.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X