Official: AG will accept prosecutors' call on Clinton case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: AG will accept prosecutors' call on Clinton case

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's top lawyer won't overrule the findings of an FBI-led investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server, a Justice Department official said Friday.

The pledge by Attorney General Loretta Lynch, which she's expected to discuss Friday at a summit in Aspen, Colorado, seems aimed at tamping down criticism that the investigation is politically tainted. Earlier this week, Lynch met privately with Clinton's husband, former President Bill Clinton, aboard her plane on the tarmac at a Phoenix airport in what Lynch described as an impromptu social call.

"The Attorney General expects to receive and accept the determinations and findings of the Department's career prosecutors and investigators, as well as the FBI Director," said the Justice Department official, who was not authorized to discuss internal decision-making in the case and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Lynch told reporters that she and Bill Clinton did not discuss the email investigation during the encounter.

Still, Lynch's get-together with the former president has been criticized as inappropriate by Republicans and some Democrats at a time when the Justice Department has been investigating whether classified information was mishandled through Clinton's exclusive use of a private email server while she was secretary of state.
    AP - Full Article

This will be interesting. The taint on this case really is growing, whatever they think, and it may be that whatever result is released will end up being considered illegitimate by whichever side doesn't get their way.

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    AP - Full Article

This will be interesting. The taint on this case really is growing, whatever they think, and it may be that whatever result is released will end up being considered illegitimate by whichever side doesn't get their way.
    Expects to.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

A audit of her finances is in order. Betcha she's got a new offshore account worth a couple million...
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Actually she's deferring to the FBI conclusion, i.e. is prosecution warranted, NOT to other prosecutors, who would work for her.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
          A audit of her finances is in order. Betcha she's got a new offshore account worth a couple million...
          In that case she would have just screwed over the Clintons after they paid her off. So that makes no sense.
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Hillary?
            Or Lynch?
            Or both?

Comment

Lynch, but since you mention shillary, hell yeah, audit shillary and her associated criminal relations...
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                Hillary?
                Or Lynch?
                Or both?
                Lynch, but since you mention shillary, hell yeah, audit shillary and her associated criminal relations...
                Nothing like the Fantasies on ACG.
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Why not just have every public official no matter how minor audited yearly, the results of which would be made public?

Comment

As the OP article points out:

Bill Clinton's approach of the attorney general also could aggravate questions of trust that already hang over Hillary Clinton in the minds of some voters — even if she's never charged. She has struggled through the campaign to overcome unease about her honesty even while she asserts that she is more trustworthy than Trump on issues that matter most to voters.
                    That damage is already done and can't be undone. What is yet to be seen is does the public buy the outcome of the investigation.

I doubt that anyone who has had a government security clearance will buy or accept anything other than indictment. I know with absolute certainty if I did what we know Hillary did while in government service I'd be going to prison. She deserves no less.

Comment

In fact, given her high ranking government status, she deserves more punishment, not less.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        In fact, given her high ranking government status, she deserves more punishment, not less.
                        Something like this maybe?

Attached Files
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

This AM Drudge headlines;
                          HILL'S HELL WEEKEND
                          FBI BOSS CENTER STAGE
                          POSSIBLE CHARGES INCLUDE ESPIONAGE ACT

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post

I agree 100% even if Mrs. Clinton was pure as the driven snow the other side won't believe it.

I still think there is virtualy no chance of an indictment. When Vice President Joe Bidden was toying with the idea of entering the Democratic Party primaries, he was given heads up there would be no indictment. If an indictment was going to happen the Democratic party would have been given word and some big names would have entered the race at the begining of this year.
                            "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                            Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

My view is that she's got dirt on bobo and a prosecution won't happen unless we get a trump. More likely another prostitution scandal to take shillary off the radar...
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X