Multiple people stabbed at Sacramento white nationalist rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    So now your supporting the Klan and other White racist groups.
    By that logic you're on the side of the people who want parts of the US to be Mexico if you're against Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
      While Trump's platform/agenda may seem "extreme" to some, Trump's followers/supporters aren't going around to Clinton or Saunder's rallies and attacking the Lefty Loonies.

It's one thing to express/say opposing views, it's a whole 'nother level to physically attack those whom have opposing views.

But then, it's mostly lefties/liberals whom endorse the concepts of "provocative speech" even though such really stands in a court of law.
      Extremism isn't the same as violent - it just means it is (relatively) an extreme position. The Amish are extremists/fundamentalists, but you're not too worried about them attacking you with a brick at a political rally.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Is Trump really being "extreme?" in his views? Sure, he has spewed some bigoted stuff but for the rest I don't see extremism in it, rather a point of view that stands in stark contrast to the Liberal, Left of Center, Leftist position on things.

For example, is wanting to "build a wall" (eg., secure the US borders) really extremist? Wanting to deport illegal aliens in the US, is that extremist?
        Extremism is relative. The fact that even the GOP is split on supporting his views is a reflection that his views are outside the mainstream and thus, relatively speaking, can be labelled "extreme".

One could also use synonyms like "radical" and the like. It's a relative word that usually reflects a bit of an objective reality while still being highly dependent on the individual experience. Someone who supports Trump and lives in a community that supports Trump isn't likely to see it as "extreme".

Sander's is the liberal-equivalent to Trump, in representing a fringe or "extreme" set of ideas that have attracted a larger following in this election than previously. Hillary is (ironically) the conservative, "mainstream" candidate by basically offering the same as before with some minor tweaks.

An easy rule of thumb is to compare their established politics to the politics of wider political parties, which represent the majority of elected officials in the United States. Trump diverges from the GOP far more than Hillary diverges from the Dems, and the GOP and Dems represent a strong, strong majority in terms of political/ideological support in the United States.

Simply put, the further away you are from the GOP and Dem party line, the more likely you are to be a radical in American politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
          Extremism isn't the same as violent - it just means it is (relatively) an extreme position. The Amish are extremists/fundamentalists, but you're not too worried about them attacking you with a brick at a political rally.
          But in your post I responded to, you made that linkage, QUOTE: "... Just look at those people who violently oppose Trump rallies as a wonderful example of people using extremism to fight extremism. "

True, may be ambiguous depending on how one reads it, but you seem to say, at least imply that "extreme" actions are the same as "extreme" words.

Comment

Sounds like you are OK with racist groups, so long as they aren't "white".

Comment

WTF? How in the hell did you come to that idiotic conclusion?
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                Somewhat missing the point, California needs more knife control, especially, a call for a ban on switchblade, gravity, bayonet, daggers, swords, and Bowie knives.
                With all the Mexicans in Cali that'll never fly.
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                  WTF? How in the hell did you come to that idiotic conclusion?
                  What do you expect from a card carrying member of the Black Panthers?
                  My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                    What do you expect from a card carrying member of the Black Panthers?
                    Coherent and logical posts? Not making up stuff as it is typed? Common decency?

Yeah, that's too much to ask for I guess.
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Guys, drop the personal comments. Now.

There are several of you already on Bad Wolf's watch list and he is keeping track of your violations. I strongly advise not to push your luck.

ACG Staff
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

EXCERPT:
                        Anti-Fascist Action Sacramento said it had suffered a greater number of wounded.

"So far, we know of six comrades who have been injured to a degree that required hospitalization," the group said on its Facebook page.

Video footage on social media showed dozens of people, some wearing masks and wielding what appeared to be wooden bats, racing across the Capitol grounds and attacking others.
                        http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cal...heq?li=BBnbfcL

"Comrades"

Comment

I would assume that faction was the ones holding / waving red flags of Communism and Anarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                            But in your post I responded to, you made that linkage, QUOTE: "... Just look at those people who violently oppose Trump rallies as a wonderful example of people using extremism to fight extremism. "

True, may be ambiguous depending on how one reads it, but you seem to say, at least imply that "extreme" actions are the same as "extreme" words.
                            Pointing out that the IRA and Al-Qaeda are terrorist organizations would be an accurate observation, but taking that to imply they are "the same" is drawing conclusions from beyond what was actually stated.

In my previous post I also labelled the Amish as extremists - did you take that to mean I was saying that the Amish, the people in the OP and Trump supporters are "the same"? Of course not.

Pointing out a shared characteristic or a similarity is just that, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post

Trump diverges from the GOP far more than Hillary diverges from the Dems, and the GOP and Dems represent a strong, strong majority in terms of political/ideological support in the United States

Simply put, the further away you are from the GOP and Dem party line, the more likely you are to be a radical in American politics.
                              Does that not mean

1) that there is little difference between Democrats and Republicans, implying that the GOP is swarming with RINOS ?

2 ) that,as the Democrats have gone to the left,even far-left,the Republicans are following them on this trip to the promised land,something the Republican voters refuse, which explains their choice of Trump as candidate ?

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                                Does that not mean

1) that there is little difference between Democrats and Republicans, implying that the GOP is swarming with RINOS ?
                                Only if you would then state that the Dems are swarming with DINOs. To claim otherwise then would be hypocrisy based around falsely representing those similarities to serve an established ideological narrative.

2 ) that,as the Democrats have gone to the left,even far-left,the Republicans are following them on this trip to the promised land,something the Republican voters refuse, which explains their choice of Trump as candidate ?
                                But they haven't. The idea that Dems are radical far-leftists is a claim made by people with their own ideological agenda/bias to push. Considering Obama's large support from the electorate, he does not represent a wild and radical departure from American political norms.

The Dems are on the left, not the radical far-left. Sanders represents the most radical elements of the Dems... and he is barely a Democrat, any more than Ron Paul represented any sort of mainstream Republican thought.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X