Just a Quick Message to Investors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a Quick Message to Investors

The dry and continent citizens of this country formally request that you stop peeing your pants after every little hiccup. Yes the UK left the EU. The world will not end on account of this. So show some dignity and stop filling your drawers every time something unexpected happens. The smell is starting to carry. Market crashes are self inflicted wounds and markets have weathered worse. So here's a care package from me to you.

Please use both.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Today is a great day to buy (and I did). You're looking at it all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
      Yep, that's my take on it as well.
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Point taken.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

There will be lots of bargains as the feds fail to keep this market propped up. Shop wisely for those good value stocks being dumped by scared old widows at a loss.
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Fidelity Investments Magellan Fund was one of the most profitable mutual funds of all time.

Yet the majority of people who invested in Magellan lost money because they panicked during bad times and pulled their money out.
            "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
            Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
              Fidelity Investments Magellan Fund was one of the most profitable mutual funds of all time.

Yet the majority of people who invested in Magellan lost money because they panicked during bad times and pulled their money out.
              Magellan's main problem was that it got too well known and grew too much. It had so much money coming in that they had to take larger positions in many companies. When they tried to sell, they owned such a percentage that it affected the stock price. The object of an actively managed fund is to get in or out of a position without affecting the price. The Contrafund also is having this problem.
              I just do index funds and go with the flow. Over the long run, the lower operating costs make up for the slightly lower return.

Comment

I noticed that many REITs went up today as did gold and silver
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Magellan's main problem was that it got too well known and grew too much. It had so much money coming in that they had to take larger positions in many companies. When they tried to sell, they owned such a percentage that it affected the stock price. The object of an actively managed fund is to get in or out of a position without affecting the price. The Contrafund also is having this problem.
                  I just do index funds and go with the flow. Over the long run, the lower operating costs make up for the slightly lower return.
                  You have plenty of people who lose money in index funds due to panic selling.
                  "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                  Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                    You have plenty of people who lose money in index funds due to panic selling.
                    I don't follow idiots.

Comment

Really. Stocks plunged for nothing. Once the idiots recognize that Brexit is not the end of the world things will recover. The EU is the most likely to suffer some economic loss from this but even that won't be a catastrophic event that happens in a day.

Comment

Best to make hay while the sun shines. There is money to be made!
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Comment

Yep, just had my wife expend her "holding fund" into reduced stock prices, When it turns around, Voila!

GG
                            "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

The stock market as it exits is a perversion of capitalism because it is often little more than ponzi scheme. People do not invest in good ideas they gamble that other investors will be losers.
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X