Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come there are so few Christian refugees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
    So Christian Arabs are okay but Muslim Arabs are not? 'Unfortunately'??? I guess this means that you don't want Muslims here????? Kinda of how some white folks in the south 'unfortunately' had black members living in their neighborhoods. Kinda like how 'unfortunate' it was that blacks were given civil rights and black children could start attending 'white' schools.
    Unfortunately, we have too many a$$holes who label people and put them into groups or classes. Classic examples of bigotry, racism, intolerance and hate. Good god, how 'unfortunate' that we allow these 'Muslims' to have their rights protected by the 1st Amendment. Hell, there will be NO, I repeat NO tolerance for someone's 2nd Amendment rights to be stepped on but the 1st Amendment - well, 'unfortunately' freedom of religion is in there. I know, why don't we just erase that and have only 'freedom of Christian religion'. Then we won't have any problems in our country.

- well, maybe not!
    Never miss an opportunity for hysterical overreaction do you?
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      This isn't a post about assimilation., it is about how few Christian Syrians and Iraqis are being aided by the many refugee services intended to aide all people in those nations that are being persecuted by ISIS.
      So far only 33 out of an estimated 1.5 to 2 million Christians in Syria have been granted refugee status and allowed entrance to the US.
      It doesn't matter if they are Muslim, Christian, Atheists as long as they are not terrorists or are coming here to perpetuate crime. Look, I am 100% behind the need for Islam to clean up their own mess within its teachings and religion but does it really matter what religion they are if they move into our neighborhoods, enroll their kids in our schools, be gainfully employed and pay taxes and positively contribute to society? How many Americans who profess to be Christian, who were born here, don't even do that?
      You have to give people a chance. Look at the large immigration of Irish or Italians for example. When they came here, they stuck close to other immigrants from their old countries. Now, these groups have become part of the fabric of our country. It didn't happen overnight. This mass influx Muslims, no different than the ones I just mentioned, will take time to learn the language, learn our customs. The longer they are here, the more they will assimilate into our society.
      We need to STOP vilifying them all. Its just not right and to keep starting a hundred threads on 'Muslim this, Muslim that' is wrong. We have far worse people running our streets and no is bringing them up by religion or race classes.
      "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
      - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
        Never miss an opportunity for hysterical overreaction do you?
        I only learn from the best of you! I am not the one who starts 5 threads a day about this stuff. You need to comment on the thread instead of me or do you just not have anything rational to say on the topic?
        "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
        - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

For a lot of Americans, the Christians of the Middle East are the wrong kind of Christians. They're Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Catholic of the Eastern Rite, Oriental Orthodox, Monophysite, etc, etc, etc. They belong to congregations that were founded in Christianity's earliest days. Many of their beliefs, practices, doctrines, rites, languages are viewed as arcane by Americans, especially Protestants, to the point that they're viewed as heresy. Indeed, in the minds of some Protestants, various Eastern Christians are actually devil worshippers. That's the view among Americans who care. In reality, the vast majority of Americans are blissfully ignorant of sects outside their own. It should be little wonder that Christians from the Middle East are receiving so little attention in the US.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

It doesn't matter if they are Muslim, Christian, Atheists as long as they are not terrorists or are coming here to perpetuate crime. Look, I am 100% behind the need for Islam to clean up their own mess within its teachings and religion but does it really matter what religion they are if they move into our neighborhoods, enroll their kids in our schools, be gainfully employed and pay taxes and positively contribute to society? How many Americans who profess to be Christian, who were born here, don't even do that?
            You have to give people a chance. Look at the large immigration of Irish or Italians for example. When they came here, they stuck close to other immigrants from their old countries. Now, these groups have become part of the fabric of our country. It didn't happen overnight. This mass influx Muslims, no different than the ones I just mentioned, will take time to learn the language, learn our customs. The longer they are here, the more they will assimilate into our society.
            We need to STOP vilifying them all. Its just not right and to keep starting a hundred threads on 'Muslim this, Muslim that' is wrong. We have far worse people running our streets and no is bringing them up by religion or race classes.
            Again you miss the point.
            I did not intend to vilify Muslims, they are not to my knowledge in charge of the refugee program!
            The people running the show have only processed 33 Christian Syrians! They are the most likely target of ISIS!
            Now do you get it?
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

So Christian Arabs are okay but Muslim Arabs are not?
              Yes. The blame lies with the muslims.

'Unfortunately'??? I guess this means that you don't want Muslims here?????
              It means exactly what I said. Unfortunately the muslims the Christians were fleeing followed them here. Very simple, and unfortunate.

Kinda of how some white folks in the south 'unfortunately' had black members living in their neighborhoods. Kinda like how 'unfortunate' it was that blacks were given civil rights and black children could start attending 'white' schools.
              Not at all. Strawman.

Unfortunately, we have too many a$$holes who label people and put them into groups or classes. Classic examples of bigotry, racism, intolerance and hate. Good god, how 'unfortunate' that we allow these 'Muslims' to have their rights protected by the 1st Amendment. Hell, there will be NO, I repeat NO tolerance for someone's 2nd Amendment rights to be stepped on but the 1st Amendment - well, 'unfortunately' freedom of religion is in there. I know, why don't we just erase that and have only 'freedom of Christian religion'. Then we won't have any problems in our country.
              Unfortunately, too many jackasses have no clue what's going on around them.

- well, maybe not!
              Yeah, same here......
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

I only learn from the best of you! I am not the one who starts 5 threads a day about this stuff. You need to comment on the thread instead of me or do you just not have anything rational to say on the topic?
                I don't think I start five threads a day on anything.

So...yet another overreaction.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

This isn't a post about assimilation., it is about how few Christian Syrians and Iraqis are being aided by the many refugee services intended to aide all people in those nations that are being persecuted by ISIS.
                  So far only 33 out of an estimated 1.5 to 2 million Christians in Syria have been granted refugee status and allowed entrance to the US.
                  They've taken refugee in the Assad controlled lands. It' what he's got going for him — everyone non-Muslim is scared to death of Daesh in particular and the Sunni Salafists in general. And Assad is Alawi, so he's no Muslim to Daesh. Assad needs to go if Syria isn't simply going to be broken up, but no one in their right mind should relish the prospect of Assad's territory being overrun — that will trigger a wave of these asked for refugess, at best.

The Syrian Muslims running from Daesh otoh aren't particularly welcome with Assad, so that's no option for them. He's been bombing the crap out of them and their cities for years, killing them by the hundreds of thousands.

Comment

After all, they are the most persecuted group in the Middle East.

There are Christian refugees, and Christians whom have stayed behind to fight against ISIL and other terrorist groups. Many of the Christians and Muslims of Syria are praying together that ISIL is defeated

Christians are not the most persecuted group in the middle east...thats probably the Shia Muslims who face certain death at the hands of ISIL. Its a popular selling point to say things like Christians are persecuted in the middle east, but its also misleading propaganda to claim Christians are the most persecuted group in the middle east. Think of the folks whom are making this claim that Christians are the most persecuted group in the middle east, some of them appear to be foreign agitators, trying to throw a wrench into US politics. We know that many Christians of the middle east are fighting ISIL., so I would like to ask the person in the video what about the Christians teaming up with their fellow countrymen in Syria and Iraq to fight ISIL?

In Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, and Syria Christians live as equals to the Muslims. Especially Lebanon where 40% of the population is Christian. Look at Spain, Spain is today some 2% Muslim and was during the middle ages controlled mostly by Muslims. And yet today Spain is not intolerant toward Muslims, and neither is Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, and all the Muslim majority countries of the world intolerant toward Christians. Maybe in some Muslim majority countries the politicians speak out against minorities, I get that. But in all the Muslim majority countries you will find friendships between Christian and Muslim. In Saudi Arabia there are no Churches, in the Vatican there are no Mosques, but of course there are friendships between Muslims and Christians of Saudi and the Vatican.
                    Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 22 Jun 16, 22:05.
                    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

King Ferdinand ad Queen Isabella were certainly intolerant of any religion in Spain that was not Catholic. Even after the ones that stayed were "converted" and they still faced persecution. Look up Torquemada and the auto de fey! Lots of Spanish colonists in the New World were descendants of the persecuted. My children are half Cajun. I had the dna test ran on one daughter and she showed French, Spanish, Canary Islands, Ashkenazi and Sepphardic gene markers.

Not all Spanish are descended from Goths.

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                        King Ferdinand ad Queen Isabella were certainly intolerant of any religion in Spain that was not Catholic. Even after the ones that stayed were "converted" and they still faced persecution. Look up Torquemada and the auto de fey! Lots of Spanish colonists in the New World were descendants of the persecuted. My children are half Cajun. I had the dna test ran on one daughter and she showed French, Spanish, Canary Islands, Ashkenazi and Sepphardic gene markers.

Not all Spanish are descended from Goths.

Pruitt
                        That is going rather deep into the past.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                          There are Christian refugees, and Christians whom have stayed behind to fight against ISIL and other terrorist groups. Many of the Christians and Muslims of Syria are praying together that ISIL is defeated

Christians are not the most persecuted group in the middle east...thats probably the Shia Muslims who faith certain death at the hands of ISIL. Its a popular selling point to say things like Christians are persecuted in the middle east, but its also misleading propaganda to claim Christians are the most persecuted group in the middle east. Think of the folks whom are making this claim that Christians are the most persecuted group in the middle east, some of them appear to be foreign agitators, trying to throw a wrench into US politics. We know that many Christians of the middle east are fighting ISIL., so I would like to ask the person in the video what about the Christians teaming up with their fellow countrymen in Syria and Iraq to fight ISIL?

In Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, and Syria Christians live as equals to the Muslims. Especially Lebanon where 40% of the population is Christian. Look at Spain, Spain is today some 2% Muslim and was during the middle ages controlled mostly by Muslims. And yet today Spain is not intolerant toward Muslims, and neither is Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, and all the Muslim majority countries of the world intolerant toward Christians. Maybe in some Muslim majority countries the politicians speak out against minorities, I get that. But in all the Muslim majority countries you will find friendships between Christian and Muslim. In Saudi Arabia there are no Churches, in the Vatican there are no Mosques, but of course there are friendships between Muslims and Christians of Saudi and the Vatican.
                          A government attempt to prevent MPs from declaring that Islamic State’s treatment of Yazidis and Christians amounted to genocide was crushed on Wednesday, when the Commons voted unanimously to condemn their treatment and refer the issue to the UN security council.

It is almost unprecedented for MPs collectively to declare actions in a war as genocide.

Islamic State (Isis) has carried out a campaign of murder, violence and repression against Christians and the Yazidi ethnic and religious minority since seizing large swaths of northern Iraq and Syria.

However, the Foreign Office directed ministers and parliamentary aides to abstain, saying it was wrong for the government to prejudge the issue or act as a jury on a case that may yet be referred to the international criminal court.
                          http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...-isis-genocide

Comment

I get that, we all know that ISIL wants to wipe groups out . Otoh instead of becoming slaves or getting executed, many Iraqi Christians and Syrian Christians are fighting ISIL. I think its important to bring this fact up when discussing Christians in the middle east.

What do you think though? And what your links have said does not negate the many Christians and Muslims teaming up to fight ISIL...thats the important part. Those who make the general claim that Christians are being persecuted by Muslims should know that many Syrian and Iraqi Christians are fighting ISIL.

Also many of the Christians in Lebanon and Syria support and some fight for Hezbollah. I wonder if the folks making the suggestions that Muslims should be banned because they might be tied to ISIL, would think about having Christian refugees that come from Syria, who might be connected to Hezbollah.

George S Patton

Comment

I would imagine the person in this video

Who is using comical and sarcastic language, is not aware of what happens day to day in the middle east.

Like for example how specifically in Lebanon the bond between Christian and Muslim runs deep, including support from Lebanese Christians toward Hezbollah, and Hezbollah is fighting ISIL.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/th...ebanon-138975/

And there are others who have said Christians are being persecuted in the middle east, and the only safe place for Christians in the middle east is in Israel. Of course the truth is that all over the middle east including in Israel and Lebanon there is safety for Muslim and Christian. Many Muslims work in Israel, and have Jewish friends. In Lebanon there are many friendships between religions. There is unfortunately also much fighting going on in the middle east..which is a main cause for the refugee Crisis. Even with the fighting going on, we can see from reports on the ground what people think of the situation, and many Christians in Syria and Iraq are either fighting for their gov or with some militia in the fight against ISIL.

George S Patton

Comment

That is going rather deep into the past.
                                The only reason the Spanish have let Muslims in is because much of Franco's Army he invaded Spain with was from Spanish Morocco. Maybe the average Spaniard is indifferent but I bet the Catholic Church does not like it. The Spanish had to fight long and hard to get their country back from the North Africans.

Pruitt
                                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X