Lagging in fundraising, Trump calls on GOP for more support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagging in fundraising, Trump calls on GOP for more support

WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump acknowledged Tuesday that he is struggling to rally fellow Republicans as new fundraising reports show him badly lagging Hillary Clinton in campaign cash.

Trump's campaign started June with $1.3 million on hand, compared with $42 million for Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee. Trump's dismal fundraising numbers were released hours after the Republican candidate fired campaign manager Corey Lewandowski in an attempt to restart his struggling White House bid.

"I'm not looking to spend a billion dollars. I need support from the Republicans," Trump said on the Fox News Channel. "In some respects I get more support from the Democrats than the Republicans."

He said the Republican National Committee and its chairman, Reince Priebus, "have been terrific," but "it would be nice to have full verbal support from people in office."
    AP - Full Article

I guess Trump will follow the adage about not using one's own money in a campaign - though he's hardly crippled on that front, if things go that far.

He's not going to resort to spending his own money on what even he knows is likely a losing race. In fact, I wouldent be surprised if he were to bail out of the race before Election Day.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
      He's not going to resort to spending his own money on what even he knows is likely a losing race. In fact, I wouldent be surprised if he were to bail out of the race before Election Day.
      Are there any other examples where a campaign became unglued before the nomination?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
        Are there any other examples where a campaign became unglued before the nomination?
        The Dean Scream.

Comment

He needs to set up a Trump Foundation so he can get millions from foreign states and international corporations...

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
            The Dean Scream.

Haha that is a great example DofD
            Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
              He needs to set up a Trump Foundation so he can get millions from foreign states and international corporations...
              Now that's what I really want to see - Trump and Hillary in a no-holds-barred fight in a board room for the Wall Street money.

Comment

Now that's what I really want to see - Trump and Hillary in a no-holds-barred fight in a board room for the Wall Street money.
                Don't forget Saudi money. I think at heart they would prefer giving it to male candidate..

Comment

Has his firing of his campaign manager anything to do with this?
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                  Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                    Has his firing of his campaign manager anything to do with this?
                    It's possible. Things were a bit easier when he was competing with the GOP since the electorate is different from mainstream America. His strategies to get Trump noticed as a "talk from the hip" firebrand helped pull Trump out into the lead and secured the nomination, but perhaps he didn't have the chops to fight for middle America, too.

And Trump's dismal fundraising is far more telling than his dismissal of the manager, a big a blow as it is. If I'm not mistaken, I think every winning candidate of the past few decades has had the larger campaign chest as well.

I wonder which presidents did win elections with less funding, now. Anyone know?

Comment

I think Trump would win if the furniture was nailed in place. Otherwise, Hillary's had more practice...

Comment

Trump needs GOP endorsements more than funding. Republicans need to come together this election or we'll live to see the first female POTUS.

Sen. Jeff Sessions is one of the sensible Republicans in Congress. Here's an excerpt from his appearance on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace.

Well, I think we’re going to get unity … But let me give advice to my Republican colleagues: They need to look at the election returns. They need to understand that the American people are not happy with gridlock in America. They’re not happy their wages have fallen since 2000 steadily. They’re not happy that we have high unemployment. They’re not happy that we have an open border and lawlessness at our border. They believe we should have a lawful system of immigration that serves their interests. They don’t believe these trade deals have worked [for] them. So I think that our leaders on both sides need to be considering what the American people are saying in this election, and they need to be a part of the unity too … meaning they need to be participating in fixing some of these things. We haven’t been effective in fixing illegal immigration, the trade deal got a lot of votes and support in Congress from Democrats and Republicans. So I think there’s a lot of things that we need to learn from the American people.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...chris-wallace/
                        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I've got a policy about politics. Don't give any more money. Screw them instead of paying them to screw us...
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Hillary has bigger hands. Would that be an advantage?
                            "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                            Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                              Like the Clintons?

That would be the kiss of death, it is exactly why its not 10-1 in favor of Hillary, and why she will lose instead.
                              Badly.

There are other things that should be happening now. The GOP should be supporting Trump and the GOP should be opening the General Fund to him as soon as the Convention is over. That's why Hillary is blathering so much now; she is hoping to define him as whatever she says he is, because Trump does not have the funds to counter her yet.

We'll just have to see how many people out there are liable to believe what a known liar and crook like the Hildabeast has to say.
                              Only the die-hard Progressives, I believe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X