About that "White Privilege" ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About that "White Privilege" ....

Two Brothers Create Hilarious Video Tearing Apart ‘Stupid’ Claims of ‘White Privilege’ — and There’s a Big Reason Liberals Won’t Be Able to Easily Dismiss Their Words
    EXCERPTS;
    Brothers Chris and Joel Hayes hail from Louisburg, North Carolina, and have recently stepped up to the YouTube plate to bring America a piece of their minds with a mix of politics, social commentary and humor.

Last month, they posted a pretty widely watched video (nearly 175,000 views) in which they explained why they support Donald Trump in the upcoming presidential election.

A week ago, they created another clip, this time taking on one of the left’s pet causes — “white privilege” — and proceeding to tear it from its pedestal.

Neither of their points of view is particularly remarkable — except when you take into consideration that the Hayes brothers are black. With that crucial point in play, their decidedly non-liberal perspectives take on a whole new weight.
    “I can yell out ‘black power’ to the top of my lungs,” Chris Hayes declared, adding that no one would question his exclamation. But when a white guy screams “white power,” he noted that trouble would surely follow.

“Oh, God, the whole world is gonna end,” Chris continued while Joel giggled. “The moon just eclipsed the sun, and oh my God, Satan has just risen from the depths of hell. … I mean, it’s really not that bad.”
    “So where did we get this thing about ‘white privilege’?” Chris continued, adding, “If I can say something and a white person can’t say something, it looks like I’m the one with the privilege. Hmm.”
    The pair didn’t spare white people, either — but not for stereotypical reasons.

“It’s your fault for laying down and taking that bullcrap,” Chris said. “I can make a joke about white people all day long and won’t nobody bat an eye. Oh, let a white guy make a joke about a black guy, ‘Oh, that’s fighting words!’ That’s stupid. Y’all sit there and take that crap and apologize for it. Stop apologizing! White folks stop apologizing; it’s not your fault what your forefathers did.”

“White folks … stop laying down,” Chris continued.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...e_Morning_Test
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Two Brothers Create Hilarious Video Tearing Apart ‘Stupid’ Claims of ‘White Privilege’ — and There’s a Big Reason Liberals Won’t Be Able to Easily Dismiss Their Words
    EXCERPTS;
    Brothers Chris and Joel Hayes hail from Louisburg, North Carolina, and have recently stepped up to the YouTube plate to bring America a piece of their minds with a mix of politics, social commentary and humor.

Last month, they posted a pretty widely watched video (nearly 175,000 views) in which they explained why they support Donald Trump in the upcoming presidential election.

A week ago, they created another clip, this time taking on one of the left’s pet causes — “white privilege” — and proceeding to tear it from its pedestal.

Neither of their points of view is particularly remarkable — except when you take into consideration that the Hayes brothers are black. With that crucial point in play, their decidedly non-liberal perspectives take on a whole new weight.
    “I can yell out ‘black power’ to the top of my lungs,” Chris Hayes declared, adding that no one would question his exclamation. But when a white guy screams “white power,” he noted that trouble would surely follow.

“Oh, God, the whole world is gonna end,” Chris continued while Joel giggled. “The moon just eclipsed the sun, and oh my God, Satan has just risen from the depths of hell. … I mean, it’s really not that bad.”
    “So where did we get this thing about ‘white privilege’?” Chris continued, adding, “If I can say something and a white person can’t say something, it looks like I’m the one with the privilege. Hmm.”

“It’s your fault for laying down and taking that bullcrap,” Chris said. “I can make a joke about white people all day long and won’t nobody bat an eye. Oh, let a white guy make a joke about a black guy, ‘Oh, that’s fighting words!’ That’s stupid. Y’all sit there and take that crap and apologize for it. Stop apologizing! White folks stop apologizing; it’s not your fault what your forefathers did.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4045144.html

It does seem to demonstrably exist though.....

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4045144.html

It does seem to demonstrably exist though.....

From your article:

The reasons for this discrepancy are widely debated, but the report discourages readers from blaming either the higher-than-average crime rate among blacks and Latinos in the U.S

Why do you think they discourage readers from blaming the higher than average crime rate?

Could it be that the crime rate isn't the agenda that they are pushing?
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

It's the agenda the blacks and latinos want kept hidden.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Time to bring back the "rastus and lisa " jokes???

Comment

No...but it's way past time to knock off the BS about "white privilege", before someone wants to tart pointing fingers at well off black people, like the Obamas.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Here's exactly what they were talking about in practice...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/whi...cL&ocid=SMSDHP

In March, a white, award-winning broadcast news anchor in Pittsburgh posted on her professional Facebook page what she claimed was a heartfelt call to action on the perceived black-on-black crime epidemic in the U.S., particularly in the city she’d covered for almost 20 years....

Almost immediately, critics called her words racist and accused Bell of having a white savior complex. Two days later, the anchor removed the Facebook post and apologized. Seven days after that, on the same day as a meeting between the station management and the Pittsburgh Black Media Federation, the TV station fired her....

On Monday, an attorney for the mother of five filed a federal lawsuit on her behalf claiming that if she were black, her Facebook post would not have been considered a fireable offense in the eyes of her employer.

“Had an African-American journalist said the same thing, it wouldn’t have generated the same quote-outcry-unquote,” Cordes told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Monday after the suit was filed. “What she said was benign at best. President Obama has said similar things."

Comment

White "privilege" my ass. In my life experiences black people have gotten away with more than I have..........

Comment

How to get "White Privilege"? It's simple.

Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying culture. Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Bratwurst View Post
                    How to get "White Privilege"? It's simple.

I'm not sure of your point, but Zimmerman isn't 100% white.He is hispanic
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                      Exactly. He is mixed. It suits The Narrative (TM) to sell him as a Evil White Man (TM), who kills Innocent Blacks (TM).

If Zimmermann was a victim of a police-shooting, he would have been sold as Hispanic.

Elliot Rodger is also mixed (White + East-Asian and upper-middle-class).

He was a nutjob, this dampens the Interracial Love-Narrative.

I see it here in Germany with the Vietnamese community. Unless the father is an alpha-man, the children from bi-national/cultural/racial relationship tend to slighty psychological unstable.
                      Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying culture. Aristotle

Comment

Fact check

Black Male Incarceration Rate
                        Former Attorney General Eric Holder said “1 in 3 black men will be incarcerated in their lifetimes.” That’s an outdated projection that assumed the incarceration rate for black males as of 2001 would remain unchanged, when in fact it has declined.

Holder: At a time when our justice system is out of balance, when 1 in 3 black men will be incarcerated in their lifetimes, and when black defendants in the federal system receive sentences 20 percent longer than their white peers, we need a president who will end this policy of over-incarceration.

It is accurate that black defendants in federal courts received sentences that are 19.5 percent longer than white defendants, according to a 2012 report by the Sentencing Commission, an independent agency within the judicial branch. In writing about the report, the Wall Street Journalsaid that the “racial gap has widened since the Supreme Court restored judicial discretion in sentencing in 2005.”

However, Holder’s statistic for the percentage of black males incarcerated over their lifetimes comes from a 2013 report by the nonprofit Sentencing Project, which advocates changing sentencing laws. The report made headlines, such as this one on Huffington Post: “1 In 3 Black Males Will Go To Prison In Their Lifetime, Report Warns.”

We looked into this statistic when Hillary Clinton cited it during a debate and found it was outdated. The report said, “If current trends continue, one of every three black American males born today can expect to go to prison in his lifetime, as can one of every six Latino males — compared to one of every seventeen white males.”

But that 1-in-3 estimate was based on an August 2003 report by the Bureau of Justice Statistics. The BJS report projected that 32.2 percent of black males born in 2001 “are expected to go to prison during their lifetime, if current incarceration rates remain unchanged.” However, the incarceration rate for black males has declined since 2001.

The incarceration rate for black males was 3,535 per 100,000, or 3.5 percent, in 2001, (see Table 16), according to the annual Bureau of Justice Statistics report on prisoners. The most recent report put that figure at 2,724 per 100,000 black males, or 2.7 percent, in 2014. (See Table 10.)

Holder has a point that black males are overrepresented in state and federal prisons. The latest BJS report said, “On December 31, 2014, black males had higher imprisonment rates than prisoners of other races or Hispanic origin within every age group. Imprisonment rates for black males were 3.8 to 10.5 times greater at each age group than white males and 1.4 to 3.1 times greater than rates for Hispanic males.”

But the 1-in-3 statistic is outdated and not based on current incarceration rates.
                        http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...c5l?li=BBnb7Kz
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                          EXCERPTS;

They do make a number of fair points! When my kids were in high school BET was off limits because I had grown tired of all the African-American comedians that BET featured that routinely used the "N" word. I told my kids that "N" was verboten and that being African-American did not give one carte blanche to use it, even in comedy. I cannot even begin to fathom the back lash from the usual batch useful idiots and hand wringing apologists if a white comedian actually had the temerity to use the "N" in a routine; the angry villagers with pitch forks and torches would sally out in strength!
                          Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                          Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Sorry but this was an extremely bad argument put forth. Being able to say something that white people can't isn't much of a privilege. Being able to go somewhere or do something without fear of being judged for the color of your skin, is.

Black power doesn't carry the same dark connotations because there's no such thing and there's no history of "black power" oppressing an entire race. Further, people do care when it's said. Look at all the people crying about BLM being racist. All they're doing is saying that blacks are just as important as all others, yet so many still call that being racist.

At the end of the day there isn't a white person alive that would want to trade places with someone black, unless they wanted to be an athlete or rapper.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                              Just what race is that? Did someone invent a new one?
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X