Trump and Cohn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
    Sorry, BF. This is a real howler. Considering Hillary's close connections with Goldman-Sachs and other Wall Street financial houses and her vicarious relationship via the Clinton Foundation with Saudi Arabia, Qatar, financial corporations and even Ukrainian oligarchs, she easily makes Trump look like a rank amateur. The question every American should be asking is what will be the quid pro quo for all these donations being made by financial corporations and corrupt Gulf monarchies? She already has a record of approving arms sales and supporting the Colombia-US free trade agreement after donations were made to the Clinton Foundation during her tenure as Secretary of State. Having a relationship with a mob lawyer is small potatoes in comparison.
    Sko,

If you read the article its clear that the relationships he had were directly with mobsters, drug dealers, etc. Cohn was just the guy arranging the meetings (sometimes). As for the rest, I'm betting Trump has ties every bit as close to dodgy folk on Wall St as Clinton - possibly closer. He's been doing business in NYC & Jersey for decades longer than Clinton has lived there. He is a 'pro' when it comes to this stuff. I give you 'Trump U'.
    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
      Sko,

If you read the article its clear that the relationships he had were directly with mobsters, drug dealers, etc. Cohn was just the guy arranging the meetings (sometimes). As for the rest, I'm betting Trump has ties every bit as close to dodgy folk on Wall St as Clinton - possibly closer. He's been doing business in NYC & Jersey for decades longer than Clinton has lived there. He is a 'pro' when it comes to this stuff. I give you 'Trump U'.
      Going on memory here, but I seem to recall Cohn being disbarred for jury tampering.

There's a case going on now where a major contributor to Mayor Bill di Blasio received all kinds of perks from top NYPD brass. At least three ranking officers (inspectors and above, roughly equivalent to colonel and brigadier and major generals) have been arraigned in Federal court, and the US Attorney has announced a full-scale investigation into di Blasio's fundraising practices. While the names have changed, the game is still the same: if you want to play ball in this town, you have to pay the vig. Nowadays the only real difference is that the bagmen aren't Vinny and Sal, but Inspector and Deputy Chief.

Check out some of those donations to the Clinton's Millennium Fund. Bill and Hillary know at least as much about pay-to-play as The Donald.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
        The real work of removing communists from the government had been done before McCarthy began what was essentially a publicity stunt, if a particularly evil one. His behaviour actually did considerably more harm than good in the fight against domestic communism as it made a lying bully who was ultimately publicly humiliated the face of anti-communism. He discredited the very thing he claimed to fight for. In fact, his legacy is that people tend to dismiss the existence of communist spies altogether.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2120...t-harvey-klehr

It is an ongoing fascination that not only do people feel compelled to defend the man, but that it seems to be something of a duty for a subset of conservatives. He was & is unworthy of defence.

It is important to point out that communist espionage was real & a threat that needed to be combated, but it is also important to acknowledge that the methods that were used to do that were often appalling & most of those who suffered were guilty of no more than holding unfashionable and unpleasant political views. Its interesting that those Americans who are most obsessed with the dangers of 'big government' are also the first to give a pass to one of the foremost modern examples of its excesses.
        Actually the article you linked is quite interesting and I'd encourage all to read it. I may put out some more quotes from it later. The interesting thing is that the bulk of the article tends to counter the small slice you quoted and provides a context for the point I was trying to make.
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X