Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

911 Calls Will Have References to Islamic Terrorism Removed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 911 Calls Will Have References to Islamic Terrorism Removed

    Well, at least they aren't covering it up that they will release 'edited' transcripts......

    In an interview with NBC's Chuck Todd, Attorney General Loretta Lynch says that on Monday, the FBI will release edited transcripts of the 911 calls made by the Orlando nightclub shooter to the police during his rampage.

    "What we're not going to do is further proclaim this man's pledges of allegiance to terrorist groups, and further his propaganda," Lynch said. "We are not going to hear him make his assertions of allegiance [to the Islamic State]."


    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...s_cut_out.html
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

  • #2
    Stupid and misguided agenda. Everyone already knows that he pledged allegiance to ISIS.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

    Prayers.

    BoRG

    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

    Comment


    • #3
      But Bobo can't spin it into hatred for gays or an attack on guns if his own AG releases contrary facts.

      I wonder if ISIS will point to this as evidence that the USA fears them and doesn't dare mention their name.

      I think The Prez should call for a Federal law requiring ISIS be printed on all toilet paper produced with or imported to the USA.
      What a message that would send...
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

      Comment


      • #4
        This political correctness era can't end soon enough predators always take advantage of weaknesses and this action will encourage even more Islamic attacks when governments excuse this as not being an act of a true Muslim and try to put even some blame on the victims.

        Comment


        • #5
          I wonder how they would handed this if the killer had attack an abortion clinic? Or had been a member of the NRA.....
          Last edited by Urban hermit; 20 Jun 16, 08:25.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            Stupid and misguided agenda. Everyone already knows that he pledged allegiance to ISIS.
            It makes me wonder if they were stupid enough to edit out anything else that 'we're not going to hear' because it doesn't fit their agenda.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
              It makes me wonder if they were stupid enough to edit out anything else that 'we're not going to hear' because it doesn't fit their agenda.
              That is an interesting point.

              Since the shooter is dead, there's no court case to be worked.

              While the OPD officer (s) from the tac team that killed him will have to go before the Grand Jury, an indictment is pretty much laughable. The 911 recording won't be part of that package since I expect the presentation will focus simply upon the entry and subsequent actions.

              So the 911 tape is not evidence. Editing it in any manner runs zero risk of judicial censure. Its an interesting situation.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                That is an interesting point.

                Since the shooter is dead, there's no court case to be worked.

                While the OPD officer (s) from the tac team that killed him will have to go before the Grand Jury, an indictment is pretty much laughable. The 911 recording won't be part of that package since I expect the presentation will focus simply upon the entry and subsequent actions.

                So the 911 tape is not evidence. Editing it in any manner runs zero risk of judicial censure. Its an interesting situation.
                This is a bad precedent. Whats to keep the government from "editing" selective incidents that they wish to sway public opinion to which ever side they wish?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Which is more probable
                  a. the government is editing out those statements which would publicly prove its claims that the perpetrator pledged allegiance to ISIS
                  b. the government is editing out those statements which would publicly disprove its claims that the perpetrator pledged allegiance to ISIS

                  Some survivors have already stated that the perpetrator had been talking about American bombing in Afghanistan - not Syria and ISIS.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                    Which is more probable
                    a. the government is editing out those statements which would publicly prove its claims that the perpetrator pledged allegiance to ISIS
                    b. the government is editing out those statements which would publicly disprove its claims that the perpetrator pledged allegiance to ISIS

                    Some survivors have already stated that the perpetrator had been talking about American bombing in Afghanistan - not Syria and ISIS.
                    We will never know if there is never an unedited original tape released.........

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                      This is a bad precedent. Whats to keep the government from "editing" selective incidents that they wish to sway public opinion to which ever side they wish?
                      Judicial review, if it is to be used as evidence in a trial.

                      If, as in this case, there is no trial pending, then nothing.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Surely a investigating commission from congress or something could/should hear the unedited version ?
                        Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

                        Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                          Surely a investigating commission from congress or something could/should hear the unedited version ?
                          There are few things more ineffectual than Congressional committees.

                          Normally the criminal trial process holds every to the line, but since Omar died there isn't much of a proceeding.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't know what the laws in Florida are on this.

                            In Ohio the 911 call would be public record. If they were not released unedited the news outlets would be quick to go to court to demand there release.
                            "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                            Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              There are few things more ineffectual than Congressional committees.

                              Normally the criminal trial process holds every to the line, but since Omar died there isn't much of a proceeding.

                              Well over here parliament can assume the responsibilities of a prosecutor and start a legal procedure itself even if there's no complaint, victim or even perpetrator.

                              It's a sort of safety measure - in case the executive and judicial powers conspire to hide certain facts from the public, the legislative power can act alone.

                              In such a case a representative commission from all parties in parliament is formed and they could - in this case - confiscate the original, unedited recordings.

                              Don't know if such a option exists over there.
                              Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

                              Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X