Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't trust you anymore

What he said....

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Got news for him...

America never has trusted Congress as a whole. That is nothing new.

Comment

I trust them more than I trust Bobo.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

dumber than dimmer
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
          What he said....
          Congress had an approval rating in the single digits last I looked.
          So, yeah, if this comes as a shock to anyone, meh.

A constitutional convention ... I wonder if Congress will have it nuked and blame Iran.

Not being totally sarcastic, the establishment is being run by a gang of sociopaths who don't care if their theft is destroying the nation, they literally could not give a damn less. They live for the moment and if they give any thought to the future it is only about how much MORE they can steal.
          And they won't give up their power easily, if at all.

Comment

What if the constitutional convention has many members of Congress in it? How would that help any? Odds are the constitutional convention delegates will be Democrats and Republicans and they will do as Party Bosses want.

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              Congress had an approval rating in the single digits last I looked.
              So, yeah, if this comes as a shock to anyone, meh.

A constitutional convention ... I wonder if Congress will have it nuked and blame Iran.

Not being totally sarcastic, the establishment is being run by a gang of sociopaths who don't care if their theft is destroying the nation, they literally could not give a damn less. They live for the moment and if they give any thought to the future it is only about how much MORE they can steal.
              And they won't give up their power easily, if at all.
              How did you establish the sanity, attitude, and living habits of all 435?

Given that the power is intended for them, no American would consider taking it from them.

Although I'm sure Bobo and Hillary would be glad to have them out of the way...
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

"The only native criminal class in America is Congress" Mark Twain
                "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Twain was a brilliant man when it came to recognizing people for what they are.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

"If you ever injected truth into politics you have no politics." Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Given that the power is intended for them, no American would consider taking it from them.
                      I'm glad you put that in italics.

But isn't a huge part of this, and Trump's rise, the fact that they never have the nerve to stand up to Obama, or the bureaucrats, and how they never do what they people that voted for them WANTED them to do?
                      Even Cruz, tainted by his association with the Senate, failed before the primaries were over.

A top-down revolution would be a nice change, and a lot less messy than the other sort, wouldn't it?

Comment

But isn't a huge part of this, and Trump's rise, the fact that they never have the nerve to stand up to Obama, or the bureaucrats, and how they never do what they people that voted for them WANTED them to do?
                        Even Cruz, tainted by his association with the Senate, failed before the primaries were over.

A top-down revolution would be a nice change, and a lot less messy than the other sort, wouldn't it?

It would be a lot less messy but not nearly as effective...
                        Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
                          It would be a lot less messy but not nearly as effective...
                          Be that as it may, its still our way, the American way, and I have to cling to the notion that Democracy and a representative Republic can still function in this country.
                          And I will keep right on trying to believe that, unless they assassinate Trump.

And if you can't do that, then I suggest you try to visualize what tens of millions of gallons of blood in the streets would look like.

It would be easy to pull the trigger on something "messy", but at that instant, there won't be anything Exceptional about America anymore.
                          That's how the rest of the world does business, not us.

Comment

Bobo has fallen back upon ExOrds because he has been blocked so many times. None of his gun control measures survived, and scores of other Bobo-backed bills were stopped dead in their tracks. They are refusing to let him name a USSC justice, and have harried him at every turn.

Remember Congress' role in the government. Their key position is that they initiate all Federal law and control all money.

Given their re-election rate, I would suggest they must be pleasing enough of their voters to stay in office.

As to revolutions, look how few resulted in anything but the same sort in charge once the dust settled. Even in ours, the extremely wealthy end up in charge. The common people always do the suffering, and the rich and crafty end up in charge.

There are still enough American patriots who will defend the Constitution left to ensure that you 'other sort' fails. The whack jobs like the bunch in Oregon are long on talk, very short on anything else. Pray it remains that way, Ex. Otherwise, your next government may well speak Spanish or uphold Shira law.

Comment

Be that as it may, its still our way, the American way, and I have to cling to the notion that Democracy and a representative Republic can still function in this country.
                              And I will keep right on trying to believe that, unless they assassinate Trump.

And if you can't do that, then I suggest you try to visualize what tens of millions of gallons of blood in the streets would look like.

It would be easy to pull the trigger on something "messy", but at that instant, there won't be anything Exceptional about America anymore.
                              That's how the rest of the world does business, not us.
                              I would very much like to believe in the system in place, but let's look at the big picture here...you have a congress that does not represent the people anymore. Instead they represent their own party agenda, and we are forced to comply or else. That is not much of a Republic, nor is it the way the founding fathers envisioned for this country.

I don't want to imagine gallons of blood on the streets, but how much is enough of this farce of a government? When do we get the representation we the people deserve, and not this lip service we have today? We all know elections are rigged to favor whoever the party wants to win. ACORN, and the current administration are a fine example of that, as is the recent DNC emails stating they wanted HRC to win the nomination. How does the common man fight that, when the odds are attacked against him from the start?

We the people have grown complacent with things as they have been and that is our fault. We have allowed the government to get too big for their britches, and we are paying for it now. I want to believe things can be fixed, but I am also a realist, and I can't see any government official trading in their elite life for that of a common man.
                              Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X