Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Student disarms mass shooter in Oregon, 2014

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Student disarms mass shooter in Oregon, 2014

    Happened in 2014

    A student used pepper spray and personal courage to stop a subject armed with a shotgun who had just begun his rampage. Only one person killed and one wounded.

    See the link for the video of the incident, which was just released.

    Pretty impressive action.

    http://www.policeone.com/school-viol...ersity-gunman/
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    Happened in 2014

    A student used pepper spray and personal courage to stop a subject armed with a shotgun who had just begun his rampage. Only one person killed and one wounded.

    See the link for the video of the incident, which was just released.

    Pretty impressive action.

    http://www.policeone.com/school-viol...ersity-gunman/
    Yes it happened in 2014, but the video was withheld to prevent copy cat (shooters).
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
      Yes it happened in 2014, but the video was withheld to prevent copy cat (shooters).
      Too bad it didn't prompt copy-cat heroes...
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

      Comment


      • #4
        Raw video:

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGBiib9qBg

        Very strange, the entire thing...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Charger View Post
          Raw video:

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGBiib9qBg

          Very strange, the entire thing...
          It does lack Hollywood drama. The girl gets shot, fumbles around, finally walks carefully away.

          The pepper spray worked well. The young man running off with the shotgun was kind of funny, but is exactly the sort of illogical action people do in such situations.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            It does lack Hollywood drama. The girl gets shot, fumbles around, finally walks carefully away.
            Was she the one that died?

            Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            The pepper spray worked well. The young man running off with the shotgun was kind of funny, but is exactly the sort of illogical action people do in such situations.
            Especially idiotic when you see that the shooter still had a pistol and went for it a few seconds later.

            Two years?
            Jeez, why did they bother release it at all?
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

            -Captain Jack

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              Was she the one that died?
              If I read it correctly, no, it was a guy he shot outside the building.

              Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              Especially idiotic when you see that the shooter still had a pistol and went for it a few seconds later.

              Two years?
              Jeez, why did they bother release it at all?
              Well, the pepper spray seemed to be working well, but in the heat of the event people do strange things.

              They released it unwillingly, after an information request. The shooter goes to trial in September.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

              Comment


              • #8
                Didn't meet the newsies criteria for "content" to be released. (I.e. Not enough "body count".)

                GG
                "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

                "Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

                Comment

                Latest Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X