X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    I can't rep you again so soon.
    I got it!
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Why are so many gun owners fixated on large capacity magazines?
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by popuptarget View Post
        i get disgusted with this entire topic at times. i usually ask the same question when someone says "ban them"

what exactly do you want to ban?

"an assault weapon"!
        (whats that? remember we are talking a legal definition)

"a thing like an AR-15, you know, a machine gun"
        (AR is a brand...like Chevy or Ford.. so if i call it an 'Iludium Q36 explosive space modulator' its OK? and seriously? a machine gun?)

"one of them military guns! no one needs those! no one hunts with them"

(hunting is irrelevant but maybe you should look at how many 98 Mauser based rifles are out there. let alone M1911 pistols)

"they are too powerful"!
        (i can almost hear my Garand snicker)

"when the second amendment was written they only had smoothbore muskets"!
        (yes and that was the assault weapon of the day. trained Redcoats put out a withering rate of fire vs. the civilian rifles. not to mention the bayonet)
        And do not forget the repeating fire arms that existed back then...
        Like the Girandoni air rifle (20 round magazine!, could fire them all in under a minute, also military issued (Austrian Jagers)!), the Puckle gun (an early Gatling), Pepper box pistols (how many rounds do you want?), the Belton flintlock (Approved by the US Congress, could fire 16 to 20 rounds in as many seconds!), The Kalthoff repeater (multi round magazine(s)!), The Lorenzoni Repeating Pistol (seven round capacity!), the Cookson flintlock rifle (12 shot capacity!) and theirs far more.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          Question on using large capacity magazine for hunting. It used to be nothing over five rounds. Is this still the case?
          i think some states the limit only addresses waterfowl hunting. from a q&a part of the wisconsin DNR site
          There is not a magazine capacity limit for deer hunting. Hunters may use any size magazine to hunt deer (3 round, 10 round, 30 round are common). Hunters in "shotgun only" areas are able to use as many slugs as their shotgun will hold (no plug needed).
          though it does ban explosive arrows and full auto for hunting. no lasers unless you are visually handicapped.
          45B10 1986-91

Comment

Thanks for the update. It use to be only five rounds. Imo if you haven't made a kill with two you should take up another sport. Here in Germany hunting is very regulated. Dense population. Hunting is mostly done through clubs. If you can't make a clean shot and need two for a kill your looked down on. If you can't make it in two don't expect to go hunting with the club again.

Comment

Why do so many people fear magazine capacity? What is so terrifying"

If the shooter knows what he is doing, the first one is all you have to worry about.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                Why are so many gun owners fixated on large capacity magazines?
                I know some that are, I prefer the standard Magazine designed for the individual weapon.
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                  I prefer the standard Magazine designed for the individual weapon.
                  Yeah, I love the original 20rd Colt AR mags.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    Why do so many people fear magazine capacity? What is so terrifying"

If the shooter knows what he is doing, the first one is all you have to worry about.
                    Well, with small mag this guy in FL MIGHT not have taken so many down.

If he had an assault rifle from WWII, M1, he would have had 8 rounds and a change, 8 rounds and a change...

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                      I know some that are, I prefer the standard Magazine designed for the individual weapon.
                      My agency issues twenty-rounders because they will fit in a back pocket or uniform shirt pocket.

Of course, they are still 'large capacity' magazines...
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

High capacity magazines can serve a purpose when shooting varmint. Due to human growth, apex predators have declined while varmint species have exploded. Coyotes have seemed to step in where the wolf was and become an apex predator rather than a scavenger. Thats not so good for ranchers. In a field with too many prairie dogs or similar a 30 round mag and semi auto is handy if you miss a shot or have too many targets. So yes, an AR with a 30 rd mag can reduce varmint populations which inbalances the ecology causing environmental degradation which can spread from local to regional levels. Thats what happens when apex predators and their prey are over hunted. An AR with 30 rd mag can save the environment!
                        The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

High-cap mags = less magazines I have to buy.
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Hey if you guys want to destroy your barrels don't let me stop you. Seems to me both wasteful and expensive...
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Frtigern View Post
                              High capacity magazines can serve a purpose when shooting varmint. Due to human growth, apex predators have declined while varmint species have exploded. Coyotes have seemed to step in where the wolf was and become an apex predator rather than a scavenger. Thats not so good for ranchers. In a field with too many prairie dogs or similar a 30 round mag and semi auto is handy if you miss a shot or have too many targets. So yes, an AR with a 30 rd mag can reduce varmint populations which inbalances the ecology causing environmental degradation which can spread from local to regional levels. Thats what happens when apex predators and their prey are over hunted. An AR with 30 rd mag can save the environment!
                              Aha! If you are anti-gun, you are anti-green!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X