Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Law enforcement studies Orlando response.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police told not to pursue Orlando shooter for ‘15 or 20 minutes — could’ve been longe

Food for the second guessers...
    ORLANDO — After an initial burst of fire between Omar Mateen and a security guard at the Pulse nightclub, a group of five to six police officers arrived on the scene within minutes, broke through a large glass window and entered the club as the killing of 49 people was underway inside, according to a Belle Isle police officer who was among the first responders.
    In the first public accounting of those critical early minutes by an officer who actually went inside the club, Belle Isle police officer Brandon Cornwell, 25, said the ad-hoc team spent the first seconds inside “trying to locate exactly where the shooter was — we kept hearing people scream and shots fired.”
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pol...FZB?li=BBnb7Kz
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Pretty much what I outlined.

We're Not Delta

We're not SEALs

We're not Green Berets

Hell....most of us aren't even Marines.

You can ask us to show up and give it our best.....you cannot demand us commit suicide.

This situation was a worst case scenario all the way around. Look at the Bataclan, and you'll see what another one looks like.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
        Pretty much what I outlined.

We're Not Delta

We're not SEALs

We're not Green Berets

Hell....most of us aren't even Marines.

You can ask us to show up and give it our best.....you cannot demand us commit suicide.

This situation was a worst case scenario all the way around. Look at the Bataclan, and you'll see what another one looks like.
        I can only imagine the confusion inside the nightclub that night..
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X