Trevor Noah nails it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
    You said they were a "state." They say they are a "state." Explain again how you don't agree with them?

You are absolutely acquiescing to their proclamations.

Now, the good Doctor, on the other hand, compared them to Nazi Germany. When I pointed out that Nazi Germany was actually a country (the "Germany" part of "Nazi Germany" being the clue), with legally defined boundaries, he tried to make the argument that their territorial expansions were not legally recognized and ipso facto they are just like ISIS.

So there you have it.

As far as you and Dave (and for all I know, ALL Chump supporters) are concerned, ISIS is no different than any other well established country. This means that you can declare "war" on them. And if they surrender you have to sign peace treaties with them. And treat their fighters like "prisoners of war."

Many people would see that as bad policy.

And, perhaps even more importantly, since most of the fighters on the ground fighting against ISIS are actually Muslims, rational people want to decrease the tensions between ordinary Muslims and U.S. citizens. Rational people want to encourage Muslims all over the world to stop being mercenaries for criminals and thugs and obey the rule of law.

But not Chump supporters. Oh no. You see, Chump thinks he can get elected if he makes people angry against Muslims (and Mexicans!) And since his election is the #1 priority for him and his supporters, who cares what impact it might have on our fight against international terrorism? Or bigotry? Or women's rights? Or our allies south of our borders?

The *only* thing that matters is that Chump gets elected. And if that means that his supporters have to agree with ISIS, well that's just A-OK!
    Do you have a reading disability?

I did not state that ISIS and Nazi Germany were the same things. I drew an analogy to demonstrate Trevor Noah's pointless statement.
    Full Definition of analogy
    plural analogies
    : inference that if two or more things agree with one another in some respects they will probably agree in others
    a : resemblance in some particulars between things otherwise unlike : similarity
    b : comparison based on such resemblance
    : correspondence between the members of pairs or sets of linguistic forms that serves as a basis for the creation of another form
    : correspondence in function between anatomical parts of different structure and origin compare homology

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/analogy

If you take the guns away from any group of armed bad guys, they will be less capable of doing bad things. It doesn't matter if the group of bad guys are an established nation, a terrorist group occupying a failed state or a gang of hoodlums on the street corner.

This is obvious. It is also as useless as mammary glands on a bull.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
      Do you have a reading disability?
      I don't *think* so.

I did not state that ISIS and Nazi Germany were the same things. I drew an analogy to demonstrate Trevor Noah's pointless statement.
      Unfortunately, your analogy was profoundly flawed, and indicative of a lack of understanding about the true nature of ISIS.

If you take weapons away from the German army, you are left with Germans. And a country. If you take weapons away from the mercenaries in ISIS, you are left with...nothing. Except, to put it in Trevor's hilarious words, "A blog."

Trevor Noah understands ISIS better than you do, Dave.
      "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
      -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

I don't *think* so.

Unfortunately, your analogy was profoundly flawed, and indicative of a lack of understanding about the true nature of ISIS.

If you take weapons away from the German army, you are left with Germans. And a country. If you take weapons away from the mercenaries in ISIS, you are left with...nothing. Except, to put it in Trevor's hilarious words, "A blog."

No, he doesn't. He almost gets it. At least he blames the terrorist along side the inanimate object.

This is the first time I've seen him, and I like him, despite disagreeing.

He's wrong about the shoelace comparison. The person is the shoelace, not the gun.

There's a big part of me that wants to see legislation that targets the bad guys, not the general population. Limiting access to guns would make sense. So would many other things. Problem is, this government, and this administration can not be trusted with that power. We've seen how the gov't views returning combat vets. We've seen gov't bureaus target conservative groups.

Another thing, who is Trevor talking about when he says "we"?

BTW, for some background on why Trevor might have an issue with guns, check his wiki page...
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

And an ISIS with less rifles, is an ISIS using something else. He doesn't seem to understand human nature, how can he understand ISIS?

We were killing each other long before the rifle came along.

The constant here is the person. But for some reason we want to keep taking pot shots at the variable........
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
            And an ISIS with less rifles, is an ISIS using something else. He doesn't seem to understand human nature, how can he understand ISIS?
            An ISIS with less rifles is an ISIS killing less people.

We were killing each other long before the rifle came along.
            So you'd be happy to go into battle with ISIS with a bow and arrow?

The constant here is the person. But for some reason we want to keep taking pot shots at the variable........
            A person armed with a high powered semi-automatic rifle with a 30 round magazine is FAR better at killing a large number of people than a person armed with a lever action 30-30.

Agreed?
            "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."

Comment

A person armed with a high powered semi-automatic rifle with a 30 round magazine is FAR better at killing a large number of people than a person armed with a lever action 30-30.

Agreed?
              Haven't you ever watched a John Wayne movie? Lever action is the fasted rifle in the West. Never misses...never needs reloading.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I don't *think* so.

No, he doesn't. As I pointed out before, the 9/11 terrorists didn't use any guns at all - just airplanes, and suicide bombers never use any guns, either. McVeigh didn't. Beheadings take place using knives. "Necessity is the mother of invention", and if Noah could take all guns away from ISIS they would turn to something else, probably biological weapons or dirty bombs.

Noah is just a suit wearing a man with a mouth, but without a working guidance system.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

No, he doesn't. He almost gets it. At least he blames the terrorist along side the inanimate object.
                  No one is *not* blaming the terrorist.

No one is *not* blaming the bank robber.

No one is *not* blaming the rapist*

The point is that once an individual becomes a lunatic, what kind of weapons do you want them to have at their disposal?

Can you and I agree that we don't want them to have a machine gun?
                  A flame thrower?
                  A mini-gun?
                  An RPG?
                  A grenade?

The kind of weapon the shooter used in Orlando is specifically designed to be good at killing people. It's not as good as a machine gun, but it's REALLY good at it.

Why on Earth do we want to make it easy for lunatics to get their hands on such weapons?

He's wrong about the shoelace comparison. The person is the shoelace, not the gun.
                  I think he was taking that from personal experience. It wasn't an analogy.

The lesson to be learned is that you shouldn't expect different results if you don't change anything.

Problem is, this government, and this administration can not be trusted with that power.
                  A fair point.

But we have restricted machine guns without it causing a government takeover of our liberty, right? Flamethrowers too.

Couldn't we do the same with "high powered semi-automatic rifles with large capacity magazines?**"

Another thing, who is Trevor talking about when he says "we"?
                  Meh...he's just talking about himself and the viewers that agree with him.

*Actually, there are still pockets of confused men that are likely to blame the victim here.
                  **I need to be careful because it seems like some people cringe when certain phrases like "assault rifles" are used.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]No, he doesn't. As I pointed out before, the 9/11 terrorists didn't use any guns at all - just airplanes, and suicide bombers never use any guns, either. McVeigh didn't.
                    We put safeguards on airplanes. Added more security. We have "no fly" lists.

Bombs are illegal. You can still build them, but you can't walk into a local store and buy one already assembled.

Incidentally, you are aware that a suspect might be on a "no fly" list but can still buy an assault rifle?

Beheadings take place using knives.
                    I doubt the Orlando creep would have been very successful at beheading 50 people in a bar.

Comment

We put safeguards on airplanes. Added more security. We have "no fly" lists.

Bombs are illegal. You can still build them, but you can't walk into a local store and buy one already assembled.

Incidentally, you are aware that a suspect might be on a "no fly" list but can still buy an assault rifle?
                      Are you aware you could be on that no-fly list and not even know it? Or, that if you are, you aren't likely to ever get off it. You can get on it just because your name sounds or is spelled the same as one a terrorist uses. Or, because someone said something about you to the right people.
                      The "no-fly" list is the stuff of the KGB or Gestapo. It's a secretive list you have no recourse to fix if you get rolled up into it.

Comment

No one is *not* blaming the terrorist.

No one is *not* blaming the bank robber.

No one is *not* blaming the rapist*

The point is that once an individual becomes a lunatic, what kind of weapons do you want them to have at their disposal?

Can you and I agree that we don't want them to have a machine gun?
                        A flame thrower?
                        A mini-gun?
                        An RPG?
                        A grenade?

The kind of weapon the shooter used in Orlando is specifically designed to be good at killing people. It's not as good as a machine gun, but it's REALLY good at it.

Why on Earth do we want to make it easy for lunatics to get their hands on such weapons?

Flamethrowers are not federally regulated. You can make one, or buy a military surplus one if you like, no license required...

Comment

Agreed?
                          No, it's ISIS killing people with less rifles.

I wouldn't be happy going into battle with ISIS at all. This isn't a video game.

That's right keep going after the variable.....and keep on scratching your head at why nothing changes.
                          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

I think he was taking that from personal experience. It wasn't an analogy.

The lesson to be learned is that you shouldn't expect different results if you don't change anything.
                            You posted the video, didn't you watch it?

Of course that's the lesson. But what results do you expect from changing the inanimate object? You and your S. African friend are looking for change in the wrong place.

*Actually, there are still pockets of confused men that are likely to blame the victim here.
                            **I need to be careful because it seems like some people cringe when certain phrases like "assault rifles" are used.
                            *Yes, and they tend to bow to the east.........

**Yes, progressives do certainly cringe. And the scarier looking the weapon is the greater the reaction.
                            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

No, it's ISIS killing people with less rifles.

I wouldn't be happy going into battle with ISIS at all. This isn't a video game.

That's right keep going after the variable.....and keep on scratching your head at why nothing changes.
                              And, they'd make homemade stuff in any case...

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                                I will type real slow so you can grasp this....Noah is from So. Africa. He is speaking about semi auto weapons and mass shooting here in the US, while there have been mass shooting that involved greater casualties in other nations. But those are ignored.
                                I. Hope. You. Understand. What. I. Mean. If. Not. You. May. Need. Help.
                                He is living and working in America for a American TV show.

Omar has the highest body count of any 1 shooter

Even the case in Ethiopia was of multiple shooters.

He did not ignore other events. He even said this was the 16th one for Obama. That's a very high ratio is it not.
                                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X