Who was Omar Mateen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was Omar Mateen?

This thread is intended to explore who this low life was. What we know now and what we will learn about him in the future.

On 9/11, Omar Mateen’s classmates mourned. Some say he celebrated.

At a high school in Florida, students watched the horrors of Sept. 11, 2001, unfold on live TV. When the second hijacked airliner slammed into the World Trade Center’s south tower, the class watched in stunned disbelief. But one student, a classmate recalled, “started jumping up-and-down cheering on the terrorist.”

That was sophomore Omar Mateen, according to one of the accounts from Martin County High School remembering 9/11 and the reaction by the student who, nearly 15 years later, would carry out the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

The recollections of Mateen’s actions could not be independently verified, and the memories could be clouded by the years that have passed. But they appear to offer yet another stitch in the wider tapestry of Mateen’s life and views before Sunday’s rampage, which included his pledge of loyalty to the Islamic State during a call to police during the standoff .

In an interview, Robert Zirkle, then a freshman at the Martin County school, said he saw Mateen excited and making fun of how America was being attacked on 9/11. “He was making plane noises on the bus, acting like he was running into a building,” Zirkle recalled. “I don’t really know if he was doing it because he was being taught some of that stuff at home or just doing it for attention because he didn’t have a lot of friends.”
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/breaki...ted/ar-AAgZl12
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

ORLANDO -- His ex-wife said he was unstable and beat her. His father said he spoke openly of his disgust for gay people. A co-worker recalled him as a virulent racist.

Those who knew Omar Mateen, the 29-year-old Florida security guard who carried out the worst mass shooting in American history, described him Sunday as an angry and disagreeable person. But the roots of his rage -- and much else about his assault on a gay nightclub in Orlando -- remained unclear.

Was the killing of 50 motivated by the homophobia Mateen spewed to his family and co-workers? Or by the allegiance to Islamic State that he professed to a 911 operator the night of the attack? Or by a mental unraveling that drove his wife away after four months of marriage?

And what lay behind his choice of a target: a Latin dance party at a club 130 miles from his home?
    http://www.officer.com/news/12219842...bic-and-racist
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Who was Omar Manteen?

Orlando Shooting Suspect Identified As Omar Mateen, Registered Democrat Of Afghan Descent; Pledged Allegiance To ISIS

As yet, I have not been able to find his connection to the NRA or Donald Trump...
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I read that he also considered to attack Disneyworld.

Comment

...Who was Omar Mateen?...
          A misfit nut case.

Comment

An enemy combatant.
            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
              A misfit nut case.
              I agree and the was is the only thing I care about.
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                Who was Omar Manteen?

Orlando Shooting Suspect Identified As Omar Mateen, Registered Democrat Of Afghan Descent; Pledged Allegiance To ISIS

As yet, I have not been able to find his connection to the NRA or Donald Trump...
                So either your forgetful or don't care to look.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7a0_story.html

Trump pushes expanded ban on Muslims entering the U.S.

http://www.mrconservative.com/2014/0...ms-everywhere/

Pull your head out of the sand.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

He is a an Islamic ISIS terrorist murderer. That is all I need or want to know about him.

Comment

I heard on the radio today that he had been seen at the LGBT club before and that he had several posts on some LGBT dating sites. Was he a closet gay or doing recon work? I don't know

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

A registered Democrat. Pretty much says it all.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
                        I heard on the radio today that he had been seen at the LGBT club before and that he had several posts on some LGBT dating sites. Was he a closet gay or doing recon work? I don't know
                        You think he was looking for a gay goat?

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

I respectfully ask you to keep this thread centered on who the perpetrator was. I don't want this to devolve into a political argument or a pro gun anti gun rant. We have plenty of those...
                          There will be a lot of information released in the future about this guy. I hope to make this thread available for a clearing house for that information
                          Thanks for understanding and your support.

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
                            I also saw that, and I saw one clip from a drag queen who said he had dated the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

That doesn't connect Trump or the NRA to Omar Manteen.
                              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X