Orlando shootings: 'No clear evidence' of IS link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando shootings: 'No clear evidence' of IS link

There is no clear evidence that the Orlando gunman was directed by the so-called Islamic State group (IS), US President Barack Obama has said.
    But the inquiry into the attack on the Pulse gay night club, in which 49 people were killed, is being treated as a terrorist investigation, he added.
    The US authorities say gunman Omar Mateen pledged allegiance to IS shortly before the attack in Florida.
    However, the extent of his links to IS remains unclear.
    Speaking in Washington, the president said: "It does appear that at the last minute he [gunman Omar Mateen] announced allegiance to Isil [IS].
    "But there is no evidence so far that he was in fact directed.
    "This is certainly an example of the kind of home-grown extremism that all of us have been concerned about for a very long time."

More here.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36521761

So the guy traveled to Syria for a vacation? Gawd bobo is really being a idiot this time...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Obama is a tard. This is an idiot who thinks that terrorists involved in a war, one the US is participating in (yes, we're bombing ISIS as this is written) isn't really a war. That these terrorists who attack us at home are really just "criminals" who are to be "brought to justice." Obama's minions have tried to treat and even try terrorists as criminals. The result has been disastrous losses in the courts. So, now they've stopped trying to do that.
    Yet, Obama talks of "bringing them to justice." He's an idiot.

We don't need "clear evidence" to shoot the enemy in a war. That should be the case here. As it is, these acts will continue and probably get even worse as the government continues to deny we're fighting a war and tries to stop terrorism as nothing more than common criminal acts.

Obama is a deluded fool and an idiot.

Comment

Reminds me of a movie where the Great Oz tells Dorothy not to look behind the curtain! Too late!

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        So the guy traveled to Syria for a vacation? Gawd bobo is really being a idiot this time...
        If true, I don't think he's the only one.

You are aware that the Orlando shooter was a self-proclaimed homophobe? Just like the shooter in Charleston was a self-proclaimed racist?
        "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
        -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

Hillary's 2...

"Was it because ISIL ordered it or was it because of a guy out for a walk one night who decided that hed go kill some gay Americans on behalf of ISIL? What difference at this point does it make?"

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Bobo's loyalty is not and has never been to Americans.

Who the hell goes to Syria for anything other than arms deals or radical inspiration?
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Obama is a tard. This is an idiot who thinks that terrorists involved in a war, one the US is participating in (yes, we're bombing ISIS as this is written) isn't really a war. That these terrorists who attack us at home are really just "criminals" who are to be "brought to justice." Obama's minions have tried to treat and even try terrorists as criminals. The result has been disastrous losses in the courts. So, now they've stopped trying to do that.
              Yet, Obama talks of "bringing them to justice." He's an idiot.

We don't need "clear evidence" to shoot the enemy in a war. That should be the case here. As it is, these acts will continue and probably get even worse as the government continues to deny we're fighting a war and tries to stop terrorism as nothing more than common criminal acts.

Obama is a deluded fool and an idiot.
              You say that we are at war with ISIS and we attack them on their home turf that's ok but when the shoe is on the other foot and they attack us on our home turf they are criminals. With that logic then our troops/us are also criminals
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                You say that we are at war with ISIS and we attack them on their home turf that's ok but when the shoe is on the other foot and they attack us on our home turf they are criminals. With that logic then our troops/us are also criminals

We don't try to kill innocents.
                They make an effort to kill innocents.

In fact, ISIS (and the Taliban and AQ and Saddam) all took advantage of our efforts to avoid killing innocent civilians and would often use them as human shields.

In Blackhawk Down, the author describes one fire fight where a member of the warlord's army has a woman sitting on top of him as he shoots at US troops because he knows they won't shoot back.

We may accidentally kill innocents, but we try to avoid it, while they intend it.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                  We don't try to kill innocents.
                  They make an effort to kill innocents.

In fact, ISIS (and the Taliban and AQ and Saddam) all took advantage of our efforts to avoid killing innocent civilians and would often use them as human shields.

In Blackhawk Down, the author describes one fire fight where a member of the warlord's army has a woman sitting on top of him as he shoots at US troops because he knows they won't shoot back.

We may accidentally kill innocents, but we try to avoid it, while they intend it.
                  Only fine and good if we were fighting a good old war like WWII when we didn't target civilians. New war new rules if there are any rules.
                  Still while we may not target civilians we hit targets in built up urban areas all the time, pretty well knowing that collateral damage will be done.

Collateral damage = PC civilians getting killed.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

It's worse than that... The US military is reduced to being a police force subject to criminal and civil law in its actions and penalized, even members tried as criminals, if they try to act as soldiers.

Comment

Unlawful combatants (ISIL)...
                      By universal agreement and practice the law of war draws a distinction between the armed forces and the peaceful populations of belligerent nations and also between those who are lawful and unlawful combatants. Lawful combatants are subject to capture and detention as prisoners of war by opposing military forces. Unlawful combatants are likewise subject to capture and detention, but in addition they are subject to trial and punishment by military tribunals for acts which render their belligerency unlawful. The spy who secretly and without uniform passes the military lines of a belligerent in time of war, seeking to gather military information and communicate it to the enemy, or an enemy combatant who without uniform comes secretly through the lines for the purpose of waging war by destruction of life or property, are familiar examples of belligerents who are generally deemed not to be entitled to the status of prisoners of war, but to be offenders against the law of war subject to trial and punishment by military tribunals.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/project...aw/quirin.html

Lawful combatants (our troops) fulfill the following criteria:
                      (a) that of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;

(b) that of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance;

(c) that of carrying arms openly;

(d) that of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.

https://www.icrc.org/applic/ihl/ihl....2563CD0051A5E6
                      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Speaking in Washington, the president said: "It does appear that at the last minute he [gunman Omar Mateen] announced allegiance to Isil [IS].
                        "But there is no evidence so far that he was in fact directed.
                        "This is certainly an example of the kind of home-grown extremism that all of us have been concerned about for a very long time."
                        Imo total idiocy. Anykind of terror group nowadays and maybe since the 70s relies on: "It wasnt our guy it was a lone wolf or an extremist cell." When a group preaches murder and a guy does it in their name it f*cking is a terrorist from their side. But i jsut wait until they will paint him as a closet homosexual.

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                        Hillary's 2...

"Was it because ISIL ordered it or was it because of a guy out for a walk one night who decided that hed go kill some gay Americans on behalf of ISIL? What difference at this point does it make?"
                        She kind of has a point there. I mean i dislike her as any sane person would but it doesn't matter if the guy got a direct order or if he indirectly followed their order.

I mean i am the first to call the United Statian wars in the middle east a criminal mistake. And yes i say the drone attacks kill to manyx innocents. But no US soldier walked up a bar and killed and wounded dozens of people.
                        Last edited by Salinator; 13 Jun 16, 23:24.

Comment

In the South (you know, like Florida) they have a saying-
                          "If your Cat has Kittens in the over, that does not make them Biscuits."

So, lets see... Born in America.
                          Raised by Afghan Parents who apparently approve of Sharia Law.
                          http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...rt-sharia-law/
                          And he attended a mosque where some very nasty Fundamentalists were speaking-
                          ( I don't call them "radicals" when they adhere to the Koran and everything written in it)
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ

AND this guy was investigated twice by the FBI and called angry and violent by co-workers and his ex-wife.

But yeah, sure, just another good litte American, just because he was born here....?

Guess again.
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

It really was funny at first that are President was stupid, but now I really believe that the boy eat way to many lead paint chips than recommended by the FDA.

So Obama thinks that this guy needed to sign an enlistment paper to be part of ISIS, where does he get this **** from? Hillary? Bernie? WTF?
                            My worst jump story:
                            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                            No lie.

~
                            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by bierbaron View Post
                              Imo total idiocy. Anykind of terror group nowadays and maybe since the 70s relies on: "It wasnt our guy it was a lone wolf or an extremist cell." When a group preaches murder and a guy does it in their name it f*cking is a terrorist from their side. But i jsut wait until they will paint him as a closet fag.

She kind of has a point there. I mean i dislike her as any sane person would but it doesn't matter if the guy got a direct order or if he indirectly followed their order.

I mean i am the first to call the United Statian wars in the middle east a criminal mistake. And yes i say the drone attacks kill to manyx innocents. But no US soldier walked up a bar and killed and wounded dozens of people.
                              You are correct. Unlike Benghazi, it doesn't matter in this terrorist attack.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X