Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clinton state department appointed Clinton Foundation donor to intelligence board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton state department appointed Clinton Foundation donor to intelligence board

If this is what a securities trader gets for donating to the Clinton Foundation, I can only imagine what Saudi Arabia and Qatar will be getting for their donations...

Newly released State Department emails help reveal how a major Clinton Foundation donor was placed on a sensitive government intelligence advisory board even though he had no obvious experience in the field, a decision that appeared to baffle the department’s professional staff.

The emails further reveal how, after inquiries from ABC News, the Clinton staff sought to “protect the name” of the Secretary, “stall” the ABC News reporter and ultimately accept the resignation of the donor just two days later.

A prolific fundraiser for Democratic candidates and contributor to the Clinton Foundation, who later traveled with Bill Clinton on a trip to Africa, Rajiv K. Fernando’s only known qualification for a seat on the International Security Advisory Board (ISAB) was his technological know-how. The Chicago securities trader, who specialized in electronic investing, sat alongside an august collection of nuclear scientists, former cabinet secretaries and members of Congress to advise Hillary Clinton on the use of tactical nuclear weapons and on other crucial arms control issues.

Fernando’s lack of any known background in nuclear security caught the attention of several board members, and when ABC News first contacted the State Department in August 2011 seeking a copy of his resume, the emails show that confusion ensued among the career government officials who work with the advisory panel.

The newly released emails reveal that after ABC News started asking questions in August 2011, a State Department official who worked with the advisory board couldn’t immediately come up with a justification for Fernando serving on the panel. His and other emails make repeated references to “S”; ABC News has been told this is a common way to refer to the Secretary of State.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clint...ry?id=39710624

And, people still say Hillary is more qualified to be President. I'd say this is one more proof that her cronyism, hiring sycophants, and general and total corruption would be incredibly destructive to the US government and allies.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
      If this is what a securities trader gets for donating to the Clinton Foundation, I can only imagine what Saudi Arabia and Qatar will be getting for their donations...

You should have seen the clowns Bill Clinton appointed during his reign of terror. One example was a school teacher that had no military experience being placed in charge of a Special Operations office in the Pentagon. Thousands of dollars wasted to train her up, just stupid **** as usual. This is why they have to cover stuff up for their poor decision making.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        And, people still say Hillary is more qualified to be President. I'd say this is one more proof that her cronyism, hiring sycophants, and general and total corruption would be incredibly destructive to the US government and allies.

The nag bit reminded me of
        "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post

Or the Chinese...

Comment

Money buys privilege regardless of political party.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
              Money buys privilege regardless of political party.
              But, some politicians are more easily drawn to corruption than others. There are some that won't cross a line into clearly criminal territory, while others will. I put Hillary in the group that will readily commit criminal acts for personal gain.

Comment

It also seems that the Democrats are more into having party "machines".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X