Navy admiral to plead guilty in ‘Fat Leonard’ corruption scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy admiral to plead guilty in ‘Fat Leonard’ corruption scandal

This is just appalling! I sincerely hope that someone throws the book at this worthless officer but I will point out the he is merely a symptom, not the disease.

A one-star Navy admiral will plead guilty today to lying to federal investigators in the “Fat Leonard” corruption scandal, his attorney said, which would make him the highest-ranking officer so far to be convicted in the case.

Rear Adm. Robert Gilbeau, a special assistant to the chief of the Navy Supply Corps, is scheduled to appear in U.S. District Court in San Diego late Thursday afternoon, court records show. He will plead guilty to one count of making a false statement to investigators, said David Benowitz, his defense attorney.

“In this unfortunate situation, he accepts responsibility for the decisions he made and for his conduct,” Benowitz said in an email to The Washington Post.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nav...b7Kz&ocid=iehp
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

I wonder if he will be allowed to "resign for the good of the service"? It's very rare to find any flag ranks in Leavenworth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I wonder if he will be allowed to "resign for the good of the service"? It's very rare to find any flag ranks in Leavenworth.
      I would not be surprised MM; heaven forbid that a resident of Mount Olympus is judged by the same standards as a junior officer for example, never mind an enlisted person.
      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Keelhaul the sob...

Ahoy Chief - Is it just me or did anyone else catch the obvious error that the reporter for the US News made when he referred to the flag officer in question as a ¨one-star¨ admiral? As I remember from my ¨Bluejacketś Manual¨ a rear admiral actually rates two stars. Any one-star admiral should be referred to as a commodore, a ranking only valid during wartime or when a senior officer is needed to command a group or squadron consisting of other senior officers or captains.
        As to the original post sentiment -this guy should be fired with predjudice - i.e. loss of pension and benefits.
        BT AR
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
          Ahoy Chief - Is it just me or did anyone else catch the obvious error that the reporter for the US News made when he referred to the flag officer in question as a ¨one-star¨ admiral? As I remember from my ¨Bluejacketś Manual¨ a rear admiral actually rates two stars. Any one-star admiral should be referred to as a commodore, a ranking only valid during wartime or when a senior officer is needed to command a group or squadron consisting of other senior officers or captains.
          As to the original post sentiment -this guy should be fired with predjudice - i.e. loss of pension and benefits.
          BT AR
          No Jose50, a one star admiral is in fact a Rear Admiral Lower Half and took effect in 1985, Commodore is no longer used.
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X