ESPN Columnist Slams Cops Singing National Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Columnist Slams Cops Singing National Anthem

Not only Police,meh doesn't want the national anthem sang, he doesn't want a military fly over or a honor guard.
    According to this guy any representation of the flag or the nation, or of law enforcement stiffiles athlete minorities.

ESPN Magazine's Howard Bryant wrote in a new column that law enforcement officers singing "The Star-Spangled Banner" is "staged patriotism," arguing that it signals an "authoritarian shift at the ballpark."
    http://www.officer.com/video/1221410...ational-anthem
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

With all the blogs, you tube channels, podcasts, 24 hours news and sports networks, sports radio and hundreds of channels on television it's not surprising that anyone is allowed to get on air and spew out nonsense like Bryant did.
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Comment

What a dumb bastard! The authoritarian shift occurs when the umpires come on the field.

I have disabilities and have had trouble with my local law enforcement failing to recognize them, which inevitably led to additional issues and some mistrust on my part. That being said, I like seeing the police out and about when there are no conflicts. I like chatting with them when there isn't any conflict. I like seeing law enforcement and military honor guards at special events.

If anyone has an issue with a symbolic gesture of patriotism by the people who keep us safe, then they need to pick a career where they risk their safety to protect others.

Comment

No...if anyone has an issue with law enforcement and patriotism, they need to pick another country to live in.

Don't like something - avoid it. DO NOT demand that everyone else change to suit you.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Hey! Howard Bryant...go [email protected]&# yourself...and do it with a baseball bat.
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

..preferably one with a spike embedded...
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

ESPN is a joke. They were bought by Disney and are aligned with ABC "News". They have become just another station with a political bias "left wing" of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                ESPN is a joke....
                They also make your Cable bill much higher than it should be, if you are one of those people that still pay for that crap.

Presumably, this "reporter" had no problems with the Cops at San Jose standing by and just watching Trump supporters being assaulted.

Yeah, go figure.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                  ESPN is a joke. They were bought by Disney and are aligned with ABC "News". They have become just another station with a political bias "left wing" of course.
                  No
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X