Obama administration blocks release of Clinton TPP emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama administration blocks release of Clinton TPP emails

Merely a coincidence that they won't be released until right after the election....

Trade is a hot issue in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign. But correspondence from Hillary Clinton and her top State Department aides about a controversial 12-nation trade deal will not be available for public review — at least not until after the election. The Obama administration abruptly blocked the release of Clinton’s State Department correspondence about the so-called Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), after first saying it expected to produce the emails this spring.The decision came in response to International Business Times' open records request for correspondence between Clinton’s State Department office and the United States Trade Representative. The request, which was submitted in July 2015, specifically asked for all such correspondence that made reference to the TPP.
    The State Department originally said it estimated the request would be completed by April 2016. Last week the agency said it had completed the search process for the correspondence but also said it was delaying the completion of the request until late November 2016 — weeks after the presidential election. The delay was issued in the same week the Obama administration filed a court motion to try to kill a lawsuit aimed at forcing the federal government to more quickly comply with open records requests for Clinton-era State Department documents.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/political-cap...ls-until-after

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
    Merely a coincidence that they won't be released until right after the election....

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-cap...ls-until-after
    Gee, I wonder why.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Can you say "cover up"?
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
        Can you say "cover up"?

With Obama's DoJ in on the cover-up...it's no wonder Hillary has been so confident of no indictment.

OTOH...if they drag this out too long and Trump is elected POTUS, he will right the wrongs.
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
          Gee, I wonder why.
          Don't expect them to be ever released if she wins in November...

Comment

“This is the most transparent administration in history,” Obama said during a Google Plus “Fireside” Hangout.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ion-in-history
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
              Can you say "cover up"?
              Can you avoid saying it whenever the Hildabeast is the topic of conversation?
              To be honest, I doubt it.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Brought to use by the pathological liar that promised "the most transparent government in history".

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                  “This is the most translucent administration in history,” Obama said during a Google Plus “Fireside” Hangout.

Corrected it for you!
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Here comes the FOIA lawsuits. All Obama has done is ensure the issue stays in the public eye rather than letting it die off early after whatever damage it might have done.
                    The guy just doesn't learn...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Here comes the FOIA lawsuits. All Obama has done is ensure the issue stays in the public eye rather than letting it die off early after whatever damage it might have done.
                      With an IQ of 70 what do you expect from him?
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Or he could be doing this on purpose to get this effect. Just because the Clintons made a deal with Obama does not mean Barry is not trying to screw her chances at election.

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                          Or he could be doing this on purpose to get this effect. Just because the Clintons made a deal with Obama does not mean Barry is not trying to screw her chances at election.

Pruitt
                          True. Another case of a cover up with the Clintons will only reinforce in the minds of many people Hillary is an untrustworthy liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                            “This is the most transparent administration in history,” Obama said during a Google Plus “Fireside” Hangout.

Given the level of transparency that we are capable of these days, I don't see how he can say that and look at himself in the mirror.

Overall, I don't think this will cost her any votes either way. I don't think most of the people who support her want to hear any of this. Conversely, the same can be said for most of Trump's supporters. Society is all about side dishes and centerpieces, and no main course, these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                              Overall, I don't think this will cost her any votes either way. I don't think most of the people who support her want to hear any of this. Conversely, the same can be said for most of Trump's supporters. Society is all about side dishes and centerpieces, and no main course, these days.
                              Unfortunately, this is true. As long as the media devotes more attention to bathroom politics than to secretive trade discussions, this issue will have no traction. How much coverage was given this particular issue about the the Clinton emails remaining secret until after November? Not much.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X