More Anti-Gun Misrepresentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Anti-Gun Misrepresentation

I'm sure that many of you are aware of the Kati Couric problem in creative editing of the documentary on gun violence. Well it seems that another video has surfaced that is considerably more damaging. Seem that they violated Federal firearm laws and admit they did. The catch is they think what they had a producer do was legal. I'm sure no legal action will be taken but it would bring great joy to my soul to see the ATF drop in.
    following is from: http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/03/...eral-gun-laws/

https://youtu.be/DSHJSfHsvmw
    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

What is really chilling is that the "newsies" NEVER get in trouble for this sort of thing. So why not continue?

I think a certain amount of reality SHOULD be required in this sort of "grand expose'".

How we curtail the most obvious lies and deceptions without curtailing the first amendment.... I couldn't begin to tell you.

GG
    "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Being a reporter doesn't give you the right to commit a felony. I'm sure the current DoJ won't do anything about this. It would be interesting to see what a Trump administrations DoJ would do. I doubt the statute of limitations will have run by that time...assuming a Trump victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
        What is really chilling is that the "newsies" NEVER get in trouble for this sort of thing. So why not continue?

I think a certain amount of reality SHOULD be required in this sort of "grand expose'".

How we curtail the most obvious lies and deceptions without curtailing the first amendment.... I couldn't begin to tell you.

GG
        Lying and deliberate deception are not covered by the First Amendment. There is a fine line between "speaking one's mind" and deliberate propaganda based on falsehoods, but most of us can tell where it is.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Progressives never let facts get in the way of their desired outcomes...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Neither do the Dumbocrats.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Neither do the Dumbocrats.
              And, they aren't Progressives these days?

Comment

We just had some more gun-control bills passed by the California legislature. Right on cue...there's at least one new gun control bill every year in this state.

Some of these basically are harassment gun bills. One would limit your ability to lend guns to family members. Another would require background checks for ammo purchases. If you build a homemade gun, you'd be required to give it a serial number and go through the usual gun ownership background check. I'm guessing people who make such guns do so to evade detection, so I doubt many, if any, will legalize them.

As far as I know...we're the only state with a database that cross-references names of gun owners with names of those who are no longer allowed to own them. The state Department of Justice then sends agents to the door to confiscate those weapons. It's called the Armed Prohibited Persons System (APPS), passed in 2007. The California Legislature audits this program annually and it always get millions in funding...easily.
                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  Didn't know James O'Keefe and David Daleiden were progressives.......

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                    And more input from the Peanut Gallery!
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                      And more input from the Peanut Gallery!
                      Anything else to ad.....I mean anything at all to add?

Comment

How do you work them into this thread?
                        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                          How do you work them into this thread?
                          Both of them broke laws and used creative editing in their work.... wasn't really talked about on this forum

Comment

Both of them broke laws and used creative editing in their work.... wasn't really talked about on this forum
                            Okay, that makes sense...

I thought maybe you were linking abortions killing people and guns killing people......
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
                              I'm sure that many of you are aware of the Kati Couric problem in creative editing of the documentary on gun violence. Well it seems that another video has surfaced that is considerably more damaging. Seem that they violated Federal firearm laws and admit they did. The catch is they think what they had a producer do was legal. I'm sure no legal action will be taken but it would bring great joy to my soul to see the ATF drop in.
                              following is from: http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/03/...eral-gun-laws/

https://youtu.be/DSHJSfHsvmw
                              So it's OK to break a law to show the law doesn't work?

TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                              “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X