No announcement yet.

Interesting "third party" candidate ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting "third party" candidate ...

6 Reasons A David French Presidential Run Could Be Great

BY: BEN SHAPIRO JUNE 1, 2016

On Tuesday, news broke that The Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol had settled on a third party option for disenchanted conservatives: National Review columnist David French. The media quickly went into full mockery mode. Andrew Kirell of The Daily Beast wrote, "This must be a joke." MSNBC asked, “Wait, who?” CNN mocked, “Bill Kristol’s white knight: David French.” Elliott Hannon of Slate mused along the same lines, “Wait. Who? You know, conservative magazine staff writer, David French. Tennessee lawyer David French? Still nothing? Well, fear not, you’re not alone.” Dan Scavino, a member of the Trump team, tweeted simply:

Follow
    Dan Scavino Jr. ✔ ‎@DanScavino
    WHO⁉️😂
    2:16 PM - 31 May 2016 · New York, NY, United States
    285 285 Retweets 731 731 likes
    Follow
    Dan Scavino Jr. ✔ ‎@DanScavino
    Bill Kristol chooses David French, for Independent Presidential Run. Have you EVER heard of him? #Trump2016
    2:37 PM - 31 May 2016 · LaGuardia Airport, Queens, United States
    Yes
    No
    Now, I’ve made the case against running a third party candidate. Among my arguments: it won’t work, it appears desperate, any candidate minimizes the level of opposition to both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, and those who voted for Trump in the primaries and now ardently back him should reap the whirlwind of an unfettered head-to-head race against the Democrats.

With all of that said, if there’s going to be a third party candidate, nobody would make me happier than David French. French, for those who don’t know him – and very few people outside the conservative movement do – is an excellent thinker, a writer for National Review, a Harvard Law graduate and constitutional attorney, and an Iraq War veteran. Here are six reasons I’d support French running for the presidency:
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/6201/6...mpaign=dwbrand
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
    Present Current Events are the Future's History

Too little, too Late! Good Luck!
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Kristol, like the Clintons, are globalists. If Trump is nominated he will do everything possible to get Clinton elected.

Comment

Originally posted by rkohut View Post
        Kristol, like the Clintons, are globalists. If Trump is nominated he will do everything possible to get Clinton elected.
        Get rid of the Kristols and the Rove's and the Republican Party may get its mojo back....
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
          Get rid of the Kristols and the Rove's and the Republican Party may get its mojo back....
          I think it's too late.
          Once Trump is in, he can form a 3rd Party and really skunk the whole establishment.
          Reduce the GOP officially to what it already is in reality- a glee-club that panders to the centrists and rich grouches. However, the time to do so has not arrived just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by rkohut View Post
            That may be, but that is reality right now and no third candidate is going to fix that, wake up Trump is the nominee!
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I voted for a third party candidate, Gary Johnson... in the 2012 POTUS election. Whats interesting though this year I am planning on writing in FDR , in an election year when Gary Johnson is said to get as high as 10% of the votes.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...p-and-clinton/

I imagine this will be a decent year for third party candidates as many folks do not support Trump or Clinton.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X