• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Views from around the country

Memorial Day 2016

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b077d4d6f38a65

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Some very poignant pics ,dear old chap...

We donnot forget.I am not using a spoiler tag intentionnaly..

That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Beautiful photos John & Seb. My contribution is a song from one of my favourite American musicians. Written for a young man who gave his last full measure of devotion.

Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Powerful photos.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Thanks for the photos, Seb. There are a lot of folks here in the USA who forget that a whole generation of young men never came back here. Thank you for honoring them for us.
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

We did our annual attendance of the Memorial Day Ceremony at Quantico. After that we went to the grave sites. Our youngest made 31 paper flowers to place on graves, each year she makes more. Our first stop after the ceremony is to our neighbors grave; a Navy Captain that died while on active duty.

An interesting man, he was the first to greet me when we moved in. when Tomas was diagnosed he maintained an 'overwatch' on us. He would send his son to do yard work. In the winter he would stop the snow plows and make them move the snow that they plowed onto our driveway.

He died the day Tomas completed treatment....I mentioned this during his funeral.

The kids actively seek out people the 'appear' to need help. There is a Marine that died in 2014, last year the kids talked to her and her new born daughter and gave her a flower. This year the kids talked to her again...her daughter is a year older and is now walking.
            Last edited by Nichols; 26 Apr 18, 23:18.
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Thank you, Seb. Much appreciated.

In return, our own thanks to the French who maintain this cemetery in Normany on our behalf:

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X