Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Note To Congress And Obama

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Note To Congress And Obama


  • #2
    The operative word in that statement that was left out was

    FORCED.

    There is nothing optional about social security.

    Comment


    • #3
      Does that change the point of the msg? NOPE. Forced or not it is the law and as been since you or I were born. That Congress has dipped into the SS Funds more than once is the point.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

      Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

      you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        Does that change the point of the msg? NOPE. Forced or not it is the law and as been since you or I were born. That Congress has dipped into the SS Funds more than once is the point.
        Yes, it does. The money was taken without an individual's choice for a stated purpose by the government. It was then used without consent by the government for all sorts of purposes it was never intended for.
        Conversion of Social Security from an annuity into a pay-as-you-go tax based retirement fund has changed it into what amounts to a Ponzi scheme.

        If a private corporation did something like that the top management would be going to jail. Look at Enron. They did something similar. Bernie Madoff did something akin to how SS is run today. Yet, the government can not only force participation, they aren't facing potential prosecution for their actions.

        Comment


        • #5
          To me it's just proof positive that the Welfare state requires a LOT more tax dollars than they would want us to believe. The SS tax basically subsidizes a big chunk of the Welfare state....and that's not counting the 30 year olds on SS Disability for being Diabetic or High Blood Pressure or "Anger Disorder" (All normally encountered by me when I arrest dope addicts). We're approaching European tax levels....they're just given under different names.

          To restore the SS tax to being an annuity again, you'd have to increase the SS tax to build the fund back up.....and do MASSIVE Welfare State cuts to stop stripping money (that includes both 'low income welfare', 'able bodies getting disability', and 'corporate welfare').

          Social Security is like a guy on a hill in Afghanistan with both legs shot off and a sucking chest wound. It's dead.....it just doesn't accept it yet. I've planned my retirement to not include SS in any way.....if I manage to get any SS it'll actually be converted to ammo for trigger time.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

          Comment


          • #6
            Ain't that just sweet.... on the other hand it's been going on since Johnson decided to fund his "Great Society", back in the 60's.

            No muss was made about it back then..... why now?

            GG
            "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

            "Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Yes, it does. The money was taken without an individual's choice for a stated purpose by the government. It was then used without consent by the government for all sorts of purposes it was never intended for.
              Conversion of Social Security from an annuity into a pay-as-you-go tax based retirement fund has changed it into what amounts to a Ponzi scheme.

              If a private corporation did something like that the top management would be going to jail. Look at Enron. They did something similar. Bernie Madoff did something akin to how SS is run today. Yet, the government can not only force participation, they aren't facing potential prosecution for their actions.
              Social Security was never any kind of annuity program. It was pay as you go from the beginning.
              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
              “To talk of many things:
              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              And why the sea is boiling hot—
              And whether pigs have wings.”
              ― Lewis Carroll

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                To me it's just proof positive that the Welfare state requires a LOT more tax dollars than they would want us to believe. The SS tax basically subsidizes a big chunk of the Welfare state....and that's not counting the 30 year olds on SS Disability for being Diabetic or High Blood Pressure or "Anger Disorder" (All normally encountered by me when I arrest dope addicts). We're approaching European tax levels....they're just given under different names.

                To restore the SS tax to being an annuity again, you'd have to increase the SS tax to build the fund back up.....and do MASSIVE Welfare State cuts to stop stripping money (that includes both 'low income welfare', 'able bodies getting disability', and 'corporate welfare').

                Social Security is like a guy on a hill in Afghanistan with both legs shot off and a sucking chest wound. It's dead.....it just doesn't accept it yet. I've planned my retirement to not include SS in any way.....if I manage to get any SS it'll actually be converted to ammo for trigger time.
                I agree with you and I realized that many years ago, I saved and invested for my retirement, was able to pay cash for the house I live in right now and my SSI just pays for feeding my dogs and I don't feel guilty, I paid for it all my working life and this has nothing to do with BoBo, been with us for about three decades.
                Last edited by Trung Si; 30 May 16, 21:47.
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Anyone who counts on SSI for their retirement is betting on a very fragile reed.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                  Comment

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X