Major Floodng in the Houston, Texas Metro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Floodng in the Houston, Texas Metro

We are a little wet in the Spring, Texas area. We have got over 17 inches of rain in this event. It is pretty outside now, but the water is rising. It will go over Major Flood Level today and not to below this level until early Mondy morning! They are now evacuating neighborhoods off Rayford Road here. I live off Rayford Road! I don't know if it pays to try to leave.

Daemon of Decay has family near here, I believe.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    We are a little wet in the Spring, Texas area. We have got over 17 inches of rain in this event. It is pretty outside now, but the water is rising. It will go over Major Flood Level today and not to below this level until early Mondy morning! They are now evacuating neighborhoods off Rayford Road here. I live off Rayford Road! I don't know if it pays to try to leave.

Daemon of Decay has family near here, I believe.

Pruitt
    If they tell you to evacuate do so. Otherwise you risk your life and the lives of those who will try to rescue you. Material possessions can be replaced, lives can't.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Does this effect the USS Texas? Those piles can only go so high
      Attached Files
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

San Jacinto did not get as much rain as we did North of Houston. The problem is the water flows South in that direction. There are major floods on the San Jacinto River to the North right now.

Pruitt

Comment

San Jacinto did not get as much rain as we did North of Houston. The problem is the water flows South in that direction. There are major floods on the San Jacinto River to the North right now.

Pruitt
          I see Flood Warning for Harris & Fort Bend Counties Texas.... Flood stage is 164.2 feet this sounds like a huge amount of water they say (If in doubt get out!)
          http://abc13.com/weather/high-water-...-texas/743983/

Comment

The land in this part of Texas rises fast as you go inland. Fort Bend County is the Katy area, West of Houston. It still has a bunch of rice farms there so the area can be flat. In my area of Spring, flood stage on Spring Creek is 85 feet. This morning at 9:43 the Weather Channel said the Creek was at 107 feet. That is seven feet above major flood stage! It is supposed to crest at 109 feet!

The big problem for us is there is flooding all around us! The area evacuated earlier is between us and I-45. That is pretty high up but it also crosses the Jacinto River to the North. I don't want to run into a flood! Besides, I am broke and can't even afford to tank up my car, let alone pay for a hotel room. I will try and make sure my daughter and her boys leave, but I see myself as stuck. Someone has to stay and shoot any trespassers. I have enough guns and ammo to start a small war! Any guys stopping here will pass on to a house not defended.

Pruitt

Comment

The land in this part of Texas rises fast as you go inland. Fort Bend County is the Katy area, West of Houston. It still has a bunch of rice farms there so the area can be flat. In my area of Spring, flood stage on Spring Creek is 85 feet. This morning at 9:43 the Weather Channel said the Creek was at 107 feet. That is seven feet above major flood stage! It is supposed to crest at 109 feet!

The big problem for us is there is flooding all around us! The area evacuated earlier is between us and I-45. That is pretty high up but it also crosses the Jacinto River to the North. I don't want to run into a flood! Besides, I am broke and can't even afford to tank up my car, let alone pay for a hotel room. I will try and make sure my daughter and her boys leave, but I see myself as stuck. Someone has to stay and shoot any trespassers. I have enough guns and ammo to start a small war! Any guys stopping here will pass on to a house not defended.

Pruitt
              Yeah I can see your point I know folks that winter in Florida and during a flooding lots of looting occurs total anarchy I was told.
              I've been to the NE Louisiana Bastrope in 1984 I've got a 6 pound Largemouth Bass from Clear Lake, Richland Parish on the wall they mounted it real fast on an assembly line type taxidermy shop in Monroe.
              I didn't know how you use the Flood stage measurement system but I've seen how fast water can rise in Oklahoma City & Joplin Mo being caught in some storms there.

Take Care of yourself!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                Prawn heads
                by Karri
                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                Yesterday, 11:40
              • Jose50
                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                by Jose50
                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                Yesterday, 08:41
              • Von Richter
                Sagittarius Rising...
                by Von Richter
                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                Yesterday, 01:19
              Working...
              X