Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Trump rally near riot - is the GOP headed for a repeat of the Dem ‘68 convent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Trump rally near riot - is the GOP headed for a repeat of the Dem ‘68 convent

Another Trump rally near riot - is the GOP heading for a repeat of the Dem ‘68 convention?

There has been another near riot at a Trump rally in San Diego.
    These demonstrations are becoming common place and seemingly the whole atmospheric surrounding his presidential run is becoming increasingly more toxic.

I’m wondering if any sort of reasoned civilised debate about actual ISSUES and concerns is even going to be possible in this situation.

I imagine the GOP will have the July convention in Cleveland the tightest police lock-down possible and just hope the images (curse those liberal TV networks!!) of demonstrations and clashes outside the Quicken Loans Arena (what the heck is ‘Quicken Loans’ for Pete’s Sake, is it supposed to symbolize free enterprise or some such?) don’t convey too much of an impression of divisiveness and polarization.

Posters of a certain age will remember the great PR damage done by the riots at the Democratic convention in Chicago in 1968.

They probably gave that creep Nixon just enough of a push to allow him to clinch his paper thin popular vote victory in that November.
    Great pity that ultimate political shyster won. How cool would it have been to have a president called Hubert Horatio Humphrey Jr?

Talk about interesting times.

Regards lodestar

I think the Convention is going to be chaos. Seems at least one PD agrees:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/28/north-carolina-police-department-pulls-out-republican-national-convention.html?intcmp=hpbt1
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

I'll have to call apples to oranges on this one. Why? Because the rioters are part of the Soros sponsored "Rent a Mob." Paid professionals that show up for everything from Occupy Wall Street to Ferguson.
      http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hopes-to-spur/
      http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...py-wall-street
      https://thehornnews.com/13268-2/
      http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/soros-fun...rump-protests/

With the Hildabeast literally stealing delegates in states where Sanders has the popular support of the hard core Democrats, You could likely see 68 style convention riots at the Democrat convention later this year.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Rent a mob and get more supporters for Trump. Ever hear of a false flag operation? Are you sure some of these are not bought and paid for by Trump? Do you think that such actions are below the Donalds ethic level? Are you sure he has any?
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

In 68 I was sitting on the side of the runway at Ft Hood waiting with other members of the 1st AD to get sent to Chicago. Fortunately we didn't have to go.

Comment

Still nothing as hectic as Obama's double term.
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              Rent a mob and get more supporters for Trump. Ever hear of a false flag operation? Are you sure some of these are not bought and paid for by Trump? Do you think that such actions are below the Donalds ethic level? Are you sure he has any?
              I highly doubt that the Donald is making contributions to Move On, Democrat Underground, Occupy Wall Street, and other similar extreme leftist organizations that are directly funded by Soros.

Some as radical as this;
              Prison Moratorium Project: This initiative was created in 1995 for the express purpose of working for the elimination of all prisons in the United States and the release of all inmates. Reasoning from the premise that incarceration is never an appropriate means of dealing with crime, it deems American society's inherent inequities the root of all criminal behavior.
              http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../2625790/posts
              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

From the
                free
                republic

Is a blog with their agenda an unbiased source?

highly doubt that the Donald is making contributions to Move On, Democrat Underground, Occupy Wall Street
                I don't remember them being in the debate here Ron. Did I miss something or are you deflecting the possibility that SOME of the demos are funded by Trump
                Last edited by Half Pint John; 28 May 16, 11:18.

Comment

I think the bigger problem will be with the DNC's convention.

No doubt the GOP's convention is going to be nasty but it will be nasty from people outside of the party. It looks like Bernie is going to go all the way to the convention, when he doesn't get picked......the DNC will feel the burn....
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

I think CA is going to go for bernie. The abject loathing of the witch is driving both the left and the indies to vote for him in the primary...
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      From the
                      free
                      republic

Is a blog with their agenda an unbiased source?
                      Is this source a little better?
                      http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hopes-to-spur/
                      http://usmediacenter.com/soros-clint...sanders-trump/
                      Do the web search yourself. There are numerous other sources beside the list from the free republic. You can even find out the sources of funding from the Soros supported organizations given that the IRS takes interests where the money is coming from so those organizations can maintain their tax exempt status.

Or,

Chose to believe all the sources nonsense right up to the day when all news is eventuality controlled by the Government as it is in most dictatorships such as Cuba and North Korea.
                      “Breaking News,”

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                        I think the bigger problem will be with the DNC's convention.

No doubt the GOP's convention is going to be nasty but it will be nasty from people outside of the party. It looks like Bernie is going to go all the way to the convention, when he doesn't get picked......the DNC will feel the burn....
                        This assumes the e-mail scandal doesn't heat up more. When MSM sources usually friendly to Shirllary are predicting that she's in serious trouble over this, it's a pretty good indication it isn't going to get better.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Kz&ocid=SMSDHP

If a mass of paid protesters do show up for the GOP convention, I'd expect Trump to turn it into a combination of street theater and celebrity appeal. I can't see a "Leftist" protest of Trump working the way they think or want it to.

Comment

It was the "new" Far Left Wing that started the riots in Chicago of 68 and Nixon benefitted from riots. The far Left today are the ones starting the riots outside of Trumps speaking engagements and I think will backfire on the Democrats come November. I cant stand Trump or Hillary, Bernie and had no intention of voting for any of those 3 this November. But with this kind of behavior I am considering (slightly) for Trump.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X