Sub sailor's photo case draws comparisons to Clinton emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub sailor's photo case draws comparisons to Clinton emails

A Navy sailor entered a guilty plea Friday in a classified information mishandling case that critics charge illustrates a double standard between the treatment of low-ranking government employees and top officials like former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and ex-CIA Director David Petraeus.
    Read more: Sub sailor's photo case draws comparisons to Clinton emails

Double standards in the military! You don't say! Double standards within the ranks are hardly new. Politicians getting away with things is expected. What is really detrimental is when it's within the ranks. Like that jerk LT that whose DUI was swept under the rug but the PO1 that got in trouble for driving on prescription meds was given a suspended bust, effectively ensuring that he would never make CPO.
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
      Double standards in the military! You don't say! Double standards within the ranks are hardly new. Politicians getting away with things is expected. What is really detrimental is when it's within the ranks. Like that jerk LT that whose DUI was swept under the rug but the PO1 that got in trouble for driving on prescription meds was given a suspended bust, effectively ensuring that he would never make CPO.
      My commands in the Navy were pretty fair about that stuff really I felt that in the short 10 years I was in the CT community was usually pretty fair.

Right before I got out in 2007 a chief was forced to retire early due to a DUI and the commands policy on zero tolerance for Drug/Alcohol related issues.

Comment

Sorry Major, but I don't think General, CIA Director Petraeus was low level...Nor do I equate taking pictures aboard a nuclear sub, then destroying computers, cell phones and micro chips the same level as deleting emails...Her day IS coming, but different on so many levels...IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post
          Sorry Major, but I don't think General, CIA Director Petraeus was low level...Nor do I equate taking pictures aboard a nuclear sub, then destroying computers, cell phones and micro chips the same level as deleting emails...Her day IS coming, but different on so many levels...IMO...
          I doubt it and here is why, Hillary was not the only one that did that and if they choose to really make an issue out of that it would really open up a huge can of worms.

The report also detailed email practices of other secretaries of State, including the staffs of Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, from 2001 to 2008. The audit identified more than 90 employees who periodically used personal accounts to conduct official business.

The report also highlights one June 3, 2011, email to Clinton with the subject line "Google email hacking and woeful state of civilian technology." The email, from a former director of policy planning read: "State's technology is so antiquated that NO ONE uses a State-issued laptop and even high officials routinely end up using their home email accounts to be able to get their work done quickly and effectively."
          http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...udit/84903430/
          Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Comment

I doubt it and here is why, Hillary was not the only one that did that and if they choose to really make an issue out of that it would really open up a huge can of worms.
            OPEN IT! The fact that the little guy get it in the ear and the fat cats sit on their rear, is one of the demonstrative things that the people see as unfair.

Once the Gov't is perceived as unfair...... it is all over for the fat cats. (With the inherent chaos....)

GG
            "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

The report also detailed email practices of other secretaries of State, including the staffs of Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, from 2001 to 2008. The audit identified more than 90 employees who periodically used personal accounts to conduct official business.
              The operative word there is periodically. Clinton almost exclusively, used her personal account and even admonished her subordinates when they didn't. Also, did these other State Department people block, hide, or otherwise try to keep information on those accounts from being made available as federal records? Hillary did exactly that.
              That's comparing apples to rotten apples.

Comment

There are no rules for Clinton's. When will you learn that?
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Chief,

The difference is PFC Manning.

After he turned over all those classified documents to WikiLeaks; the rules and regulations for handling classified information changed. One of the changes was required annual classes which everyone is required to take including Hillary. Those classes clear state that what she was dong was illegal.

Hillary can try to open the can of worms but it wont help her, it would only make it worse. She was under a different set of regulations than they were.
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

So you endorse fraudulent conduct by those in power, nice Party you have there.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
                        OPEN IT! The fact that the little guy get it in the ear and the fat cats sit on their rear, is one of the demonstrative things that the people see as unfair.

Once the Gov't is perceived as unfair...... it is all over for the fat cats. (With the inherent chaos....)

GG
                        The entire upper strata of American society, including the government, is unfair. You may remember when Gen. Dempsey made excuses for one of his fellow officers that was caught in a major abuse of power scandal that involved bribery and kickbacks, as well as using government planes for vacations and shopping trips. The good general argued that the miscreant should be allowed to retire because of his ong service to his country! If it had been a junior officer you can bet it would have been a court martial.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                          Nice myth ...The good General admitted to the removal of marked top secret documents and supplying the material to his "Biographer" and lied about to the FBI...all for a piece of ass...Again, her day IS coming, just not today..No comparison, she is in a league of her own and will own it....

Comment

Yes, Shrillary's day is coming. The public overwhelmingly thinks she's a duplicitous liar and very dishonest.
                            That is the #1 thing any book on resume writing or job interviewing tells you will ensure you don't get the job. People hate it when you lie to them, particularly right to their face.
                            Trump isn't seen as anywhere near as dishonest as Hillary. That is a huge advantage for him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X