The unintended consequences of HB2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The unintended consequences of HB2

The passing of HB2 in NC resulted in economic consequences and has damaged the NC brand; way to go social conservatives!

Why the HB2 boycott of North Carolina is working

It's been over a month since North Carolina lawmakers rushed to pass House Bill 2, sweeping legislation that, while targeting a Charlotte city ordinance for gender-neutral public bathrooms, also nullified local anti-discrimination and wage laws.

Since HB2 passed, headlines have been filled with near-daily reports of top companies, sports associations like the NBA and NCAA, and big-ticket performers from Bruce Springsteen to Cirque du Soleil not only condemning the law but saying they would rethink doing business in North Carolina or would boycott the state entirely.
    http://www.southernstudies.org/2016/...s-working.html
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

What boycott?

Lots of people are 'rethinking' operating there, but those same corporations are contribution to the gov's re-election campaign in a big way.

One vague article from a leftist web site is proof of nothing.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

We're feeling the burn I tell ya.

Us locals are actually happy about people boycotting the crystal coast.....means we can actually go there without hearing your damned yankee accents everywhere.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post

Us locals are actually happy about people boycotting the crystal coast.....means we can actually go there without hearing your damned yankee accents everywhere.
        Hey! Youse better watch that Yankee accent thing!
        Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
        Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

We don't want them back either. I dread every April when the snowbirds make their northerly migration back to New York

That said, I think much of this 'boycott' is just talk. I do know though that PayPal cancelled plans to open a big office in Charlotte though.

Comment

Will Boycotting North Carolina and Mississippi Hurt More Than Help?

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/will-boy...#ixzz49uXO8nhC

In my opinion, boycotting a state is a lame idea. It does not hurt the Legislature or the politicians. It hurts the people and punishes everyone including the LGBT community and their supporters. How many LGBT-friendly small businesses and their employees will be impacted?

Take all the authors banning their book tours. Small independent book stores are very pro-LGBT!

Last edited by Salinator; 28 May 16, 14:43.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              Will Boycotting North Carolina and Mississippi Hurt More Than Help?

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/will-boy...#ixzz49uXO8nhC

In my opinion, boycotting a state is a lame idea. It does not hurt the Legislature or the politicians. It hurts the people and punishes everyone including the LGBT community and their supporters. How many LGBT-friendly small businesses and their employees will be impacted?

Take the all the authors banning their book tours. Small independent book stores are very pro-LGBT!

Only because they are forced to be or the LGBT will put them out of business.

Frankly, I'm a lot more interested in what the *HHT's are doing, instead of what the Loony, Goofy, Bombastic Twits are ranting about.

*Heterosexual, Hardworking Taxpayers

Meanwhile, back in the real world:

I BOYCOTT BOYCOTTERS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                What boycott?

Lots of people are 'rethinking' operating there, but those same corporations are contribution to the gov's re-election campaign in a big way.

One vague article from a leftist web site is proof of nothing.

I'm thinking that it might have had an effect if it were a couple months before elections. Now with enough time to 'fill the gap' and adjust; I doubt that it will be a key election issue.

Some overpaid entertainers don't want to make money in NC.....so what?

A more accurate pulse of how the people feel can probably be found in what is going on at Target:

Since April 19, the date the policy came into effect, Target's market cap has declined 19.4%. By comparison, the corresponding market cap of natural competitors such as Costco (COST), Walmart (WMT), Dollar General (DG), and Dollar Tree (DLTR) has displayed an entirely different behavior over this time frame.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz49xourSMU

While the vocal minority claim this is about transgender rights....it isn't. It appears that more people are concerned about unlimited access to pedophiles. Pedophiles come from all sexual preferences.....
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

So...because of the LGBT boycott, Target's stock went down but it actually isn;t about them at all...it's about pedophiles?

You're going to have to connect the dots for that one, while explaining why - if that statement is at all accurate - no one is boycotting Catholic churches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    So...because of the LGBT boycott, Target's stock went down but it actually isn;t about them at all...it's about pedophiles?
                    You didn't read that right. Read the linked article, it isn't about boycotting LGBT.

I was talking about the "pulse of the people."
                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

I sure do like Perdue chickens. Guess I won't participate in the boycott.
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                        You didn't read that right. Read the linked article, it isn't about boycotting LGBT.

I was talking about the "pulse of the people."
                        You might do some more accurate reading yourself. In this sentence "because of the LGBT boycott" LGBT is clearly the group DOING the boycotting.

A blog, meanwhile, is hardly an authoratative source for this type of information.

And you still haven't explained how Target figures into this along with pedophiles. However, as I said, if any group of people are concerned about pedophiles, they need to take direct action against the Catholic Church before worrying about the LGBT's or Target.

Comment

You might do some more accurate reading yourself. In this sentence "because of the LGBT boycott" LGBT is clearly the group DOING the boycotting.
                          Go ahead and show where I said that the LGBT is doing the boycotting at Target.

A blog, meanwhile, is hardly an authoratative source for this type of information.

As can be clearly said about your posts in this thread.

And you still haven't explained how Target figures into this along with pedophiles.

Here is what I said about Target:

"A more accurate pulse of how the people feel can probably be found in what is going on at Target:"

Comment

I was really hurt that "The Boss" didn't come to NC. (Now I'll tell you another one...)

Whoever told that guy he could sing..... deserves a long time in a sledge hammer testing facility.

The guy couldn't carry a tune in a sack.

That's merely my opinion though...... I prefer decent sounding music. There ARE exceptions to this "rule".

GG
                            "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
                              I was really hurt that "The Boss" didn't come to NC. (Now I'll tell you another one...)

Whoever told that guy he could sing..... deserves a long time in a sledge hammer testing facility.

The guy couldn't carry a tune in a sack.

That's merely my opinion though...... I prefer decent sounding music. There ARE exceptions to this "rule".

GG
                              It is really bad music, in every way.
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X