Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Well, at least he's not trying to lay claim to creating a typical "Worker's Party" where the leadership are all elitist intellectuals on the far Left who want to do "stuff" for the "Workers."

That sort of party gives us dictatorships that enslave the workers...

Leave a comment:

• Grognard Gunny
    replied
    Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
    It is astonishing to me that the idiots rioting while waving Mexican flags don't realize that they are proving Trump's points about illegal aliens.
    Come on now, no one said they were bright.

GG

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by mconrad View Post
    http://deadpresidents.tumblr.com/pos...dents-who-have

•Warren G. Harding: Oh boy. Warren G. Harding made Bill Clinton look like Jimmy Carter. Harding had several affairs, including one with, Carrie Phillips, the wife of one of his best friends. Carrie may have been involved with espionage on behalf of Germany during World War I – when Harding was a U.S. Senator supporting American intervention against Germany on behalf of the Allies. Carrie’s presence was so threatening to Harding’s reputation and his candidacy for the Presidency in 1920 that the Republican Party sent her and her husband on an all-expenses-paid trip around-the-world until the campaign was over, as well as a monthly payment of hush money that continued until President Harding died. And, despite that, Carrie Phillips wasn’t even Warren Harding’s biggest problem or most blatant mistress. That title belonged to Nan Britton. She lived in Harding’s hometown of Marion, Ohio, and had a crush on him beginning when she was in high school. Their affair started not too long after that – she was a 20-year-old secretary who had recently graduated; Harding was a 52-year-old U.S. Senator and leading candidate for the Presidency. When leading Republicans asked Harding if he had any skeletons in his closet as they considered nominating him for the Presidency in 1920, Harding thought briefly and said no. He did have Nan Britton in his closet, though – in his Senate closet, in fact, as well as a couch in his Senate office, and, later, in a larger closet in the White House. In one of those places, Harding fathered an illegitimate child, which Nan Britton raised on her own, assisted by secret payments that now-President Harding had Secret Service agents deliver to her. Like Carrie Phillips, those payments ended when President Harding suddenly died in office in August 1923.

As I said, within living memory. MM does not count.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    Well, in ten years only GOP voters will have jobs.
    I can't rep you again yet, but loved the line all the same.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    Nothing to really see here, this is along the same lines with Romney's 47% don't pay taxes comment. While Romney's 47% hurt him, his rallies weren't getting aggressive demonstrations/riots from the '47%'.

Trump on the otherhand has managed to get aggressive demonstrations/riots at his rallies...Mexican Flags, foul language, rocks, bottles, property destroyed....

Trump is a good showman and that is what usually wins elections. The people demonstrating against him are actually helping him by proving his points.

President Obama in 2008 offered us "Yes we can" & "Change" while McCain offered "Country first."

President Obama in 2012 offered us "Forward" while Romney offered "Believe in America."

Now Trump is offered "Make America great again" and the protesters are burning his signs, flying the Mexican Flag and vandalizing property.....

Hillary is offering "Hillary for America" Bernie is offering "A future to believe in."

Trump has the upper hand in slogans and left is giving him more votes everytime a rock is thrown.

The anti-Americanism displayed at the riots and the criminal acts against those who are just trying to peacefully attend has helped solidify my support for trump. Not because I trust him, but it gives me insight into what the other side's agenda may be.

Leave a comment:

• Kendrick
    replied
    Anything seems possible in American politics today. Trump is ahead of Clinton in the polls.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    I know.....tomorrow I will identify as a redpatcher and direct all traffic around and out of my neighborhood......except for the Rolling Thunder, those bubbas are righteous.
    If you need some help I can identify as a "Scuba Sniper" again......

Leave a comment:

• mconrad
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    Slick Willie. People don't want to confuse the two.

And Clinton's 'known quantity' is as a single term Senator and a very embarrassing stint of SoS. And being the only First Lady in living memory, perhaps ever, who is proven to have been cheated upon.

You really don't understand much of this.
    http://deadpresidents.tumblr.com/pos...dents-who-have

•Warren G. Harding: Oh boy. Warren G. Harding made Bill Clinton look like Jimmy Carter. Harding had several affairs, including one with, Carrie Phillips, the wife of one of his best friends. Carrie may have been involved with espionage on behalf of Germany during World War I – when Harding was a U.S. Senator supporting American intervention against Germany on behalf of the Allies. Carrie’s presence was so threatening to Harding’s reputation and his candidacy for the Presidency in 1920 that the Republican Party sent her and her husband on an all-expenses-paid trip around-the-world until the campaign was over, as well as a monthly payment of hush money that continued until President Harding died. And, despite that, Carrie Phillips wasn’t even Warren Harding’s biggest problem or most blatant mistress. That title belonged to Nan Britton. She lived in Harding’s hometown of Marion, Ohio, and had a crush on him beginning when she was in high school. Their affair started not too long after that – she was a 20-year-old secretary who had recently graduated; Harding was a 52-year-old U.S. Senator and leading candidate for the Presidency. When leading Republicans asked Harding if he had any skeletons in his closet as they considered nominating him for the Presidency in 1920, Harding thought briefly and said no. He did have Nan Britton in his closet, though – in his Senate closet, in fact, as well as a couch in his Senate office, and, later, in a larger closet in the White House. In one of those places, Harding fathered an illegitimate child, which Nan Britton raised on her own, assisted by secret payments that now-President Harding had Secret Service agents deliver to her. Like Carrie Phillips, those payments ended when President Harding suddenly died in office in August 1923.

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    It is astonishing to me that the idiots rioting while waving Mexican flags don't realize that they are proving Trump's points about illegal aliens.
    Yup! Partly why I started a thread on that theme.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    Nichols, don't you know it's all about feelings.
    I know.....tomorrow I will identify as a redpatcher and direct all traffic around and out of my neighborhood......except for the Rolling Thunder, those bubbas are righteous.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Frankly. I think that the Dems are playing into Trump's hands. People lose sight of the fact that he has been a highly successful salesman throughout his career. Hillary is a politician, following the same old rote.

Trump is striking out into campaign territory that hasn't been seen in a century, and it is working. People are responding to it. He blindsided his GOP counterparts and has emerged into the green fields beyond the primary battles while Hillary is still fighting trench-to-trench with Sanders.

Americans like underdogs, and they do not like civil disturbance.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    I do understand, it's a though situation to be in.

Prevailing theory here seems to be that he's smarter than his quotes make him out to be and pretending to be stupid is actually part of his sales pitch.

A serious gamble though.

Clinton, as I stated in the other thread, is a known quantity.

Have you noticed you refer to the one as "Hillary" and the other as "Trump", not "Donald" ?

Any conscious reason for that ?
    Slick Willie. People don't want to confuse the two.

And Clinton's 'known quantity' is as a single term Senator and a very embarrassing stint of SoS. And being the only First Lady in living memory, perhaps ever, who is proven to have been cheated upon.

You really don't understand much of this.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post

If you feel you're a woman today, then you are.

Even Rousseau would be appalled at how his quote has been perverted.

Plus, there are some 'bills' that I wouldn't be paying if I were the US.

Not to mention there's an entire wealth of Foreign Aid that wouldn't be handed out........starting with ALL of it.
    And after that, I would call in Mexico's vast debt, unless all border crossing stop permanently, and all illegals are recalled from American soil. Mexico, as Trump has pointed out, can build the Wall. They have all the cheap labor in the world.

Definitely no more foreign aid - if they become our enemies it';s cheaper to bomb them than to keep on giving them huge amounts of money and material aid.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Why not? Someone in America has to work in order to support the Democratic Welfare and Illegals Party.

We should all be thankful that Republicans are still trying to work and pay taxes so this circus can stagger on a few years longer.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied

If you feel you're a woman today, then you are.

Even Rousseau would be appalled at how his quote has been perverted.

Plus, there are some 'bills' that I wouldn't be paying if I were the US.

Not to mention there's an entire wealth of Foreign Aid that wouldn't be handed out........starting with ALL of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X