No announcement yet.

Black Lives Matter at West Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No...this is entirely racial, and these young female officers will now back a heavy price for their political activism, which the military flat out hates.
    What he said!

Outside of Nam iirc I never heard politics even mentioned in the time I served.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      What he said!

Outside of Nam iirc I never heard politics even mentioned in the time I served.
      Same here, however I was in country for the 68 election and there was a lot of chatter!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

They are ridiculous.
        Half of them surely never heard of Mexico 68.
        When you are in the army ,you shut your mouth.
        The same applies to white guys at West point doing some ultra rightists gimmicks.
        These dumb chicks forget that the net is a double etched sword
        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
          We have tread about a West Point female cadet texting during the graduation ceremony and I went to find it on Youtube. I find the texting video, and I also ran into this:

This photo was taken just prior to the same graduation as the the texting cadet.

Is our Army going to down the tubes?

Thoughts?
          A few demerits for being out of uniform would be appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            Unfortunately probably the latter.

When I was growing up, my dad would tell me to be a credit to my name. My grandfather would tell me to 'act white'.....but he was born in the 30s. I noticed a theme though, but maybe it's regional. People born in the 50s and 60s would tell their kids to be a credit to their name. People born in the 20s and 30s would tell kids to be a credit to their race.

The latter might have some racial undertones......but dammit, no one is a credit to anything anymore. Do those girls think that the Tuskeegee Airmen would be impressed with the way they discredit the uniform? They had a REAL struggle, and had reason to be angry with and disrespect the establishment that had done them wrong......but you see Zero photos of them acting like douchebags.

The way that they completely discredit their institution of learning, show a complete lack of ability to wear the uniform or even stand up straight properly, and act like nothing more than street thugs wearing shell jackets....is a disgrace. My uniform didn't look that bad after 12 hours in 90 degree heat and processing a commercial burglary scene with no A/C......

What I take away from displays like this and the others I've seen out of the BLM movement is that "Black Lives Matter".....just as much as a Facebook Meme.
            Well, all of the above is why I would rate this as stupid things kids do. I would assume they are 20 something? Naive, stupid, not really thinking are the characteristics of our age(the times we currently live in) and in the nature of young people. I would not judge so harshly, unless of course they walk into their jobs as anything else than embarrassed of the mistake they did.

Maybe the last few decades have taught people not to be embarrassed any more though...
            Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
              Well, all of the above is why I would rate this as stupid things kids do. I would assume they are 20 something? Naive, stupid, not really thinking are the characteristics of our age(the times we currently live in) and in the nature of young people. I would not judge so harshly, unless of course they walk into their jobs as anything else than embarrassed of the mistake they did.
              Somewhere between 21-23, a month short of getting their commissions and graduating. This shows a problem at West Point, four years of indoctrination..........
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                Somewhere between 21-23, a month short of getting their commissions and graduating. This shows a problem at West Point, four years of indoctrination..........
                I doubt it is just at the Point. The Zoomie school has also had MAJOR problems and I doubt that Annapolis has gotten away clean.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X