Black Lives Matter at West Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lives Matter at West Point

We have tread about a West Point female cadet texting during the graduation ceremony and I went to find it on Youtube. I find the texting video, and I also ran into this:

This photo was taken just prior to the same graduation as the the texting cadet.

Is our Army going to down the tubes?

Thoughts?
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    Is our Army going to down the tubes?

Thoughts?
    Yes.

I can visualize one of those knuckleheads coming into the unit office as a newly minted officer and sneering at the enlisted. "I went to West Point. I'm smart and you have a high school diploma you enlisted scum..." or something along those lines.

Comment

Back in the day...we marched much better when we graduated from Basic. I never seen so many bobbing heads and looking down and the feet in front of you. Both she and the leaders of her company need to be called on this. With all the earned outrage I'm pretty sure she has been "talked" to in the since then.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Yes.

I can visualize one of those knuckleheads coming into the unit office as a newly minted officer and sneering at the enlisted. "I went to West Point. I'm smart and you have a high school diploma you enlisted scum..." or something along those lines.
        I had a repeated reply always ready. Perhaps "Sir" what we learned in 12 years you need 16.

Comment

This how they use to march.

Comment

It is scary to think that one of them may end up running the us army.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Every unit has a bad day, I have seen classes of RN cadets absolutely smash march rehearsals only to fall apart the next day when the band is playing and their families and the high rankers are watching....

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Yes.

They were doing that when I was in.

The good thing is an officer's career is very fragile, and a unit can really endanger an officer's future if they are a complete douche.

West Point produces bureaucrats, not leaders.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Exactly. A new lieutenant is a junior manager in training, Captains and Majors are middle managers and field grades are senior managers. None of them, with all too rare exceptions, are leaders any more.

The best officer I ever served under in my entire military career came up through the ranks.

Those young black female cadets have already blighted their careers before they even begin them. Senior officers everywhere have already seen this picture, and you can be certain that the identities of these cadets are already known to them. Their future superiors want officers who are part of the team, not rebels, and they will be treated accordingly.

The worst thing a brand new West Point lieutenant can do is begin a career as someone known to make waves, especially waves with racist overtones. The choice assignments will not be going to these foolish young women who have obviously learned nothing during their stay at the Point.

The most damning part of the picture is not the raised fists - it is the insolence displayed in their slouched, ghetto poses and attitudes. They are a disgrace to their uniforms, their chosen profession, the military and the Academy, and most of all to themselves.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 26 May 16, 09:12.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Or they'll just hear a few jokes about it here and there.
                    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                      Or they'll just hear a few jokes about it here and there.
                      Unfortunately probably the latter.

When I was growing up, my dad would tell me to be a credit to my name. My grandfather would tell me to 'act white'.....but he was born in the 30s. I noticed a theme though, but maybe it's regional. People born in the 50s and 60s would tell their kids to be a credit to their name. People born in the 20s and 30s would tell kids to be a credit to their race.

The latter might have some racial undertones......but dammit, no one is a credit to anything anymore. Do those girls think that the Tuskeegee Airmen would be impressed with the way they discredit the uniform? They had a REAL struggle, and had reason to be angry with and disrespect the establishment that had done them wrong......but you see Zero photos of them acting like douchebags.

The way that they completely discredit their institution of learning, show a complete lack of ability to wear the uniform or even stand up straight properly, and act like nothing more than street thugs wearing shell jackets....is a disgrace. My uniform didn't look that bad after 12 hours in 90 degree heat and processing a commercial burglary scene with no A/C......

What I take away from displays like this and the others I've seen out of the BLM movement is that "Black Lives Matter".....just as much as a Facebook Meme.
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                        Unfortunately probably the latter.

When I was growing up, my dad would tell me to be a credit to my name. My grandfather would tell me to 'act white'.....but he was born in the 30s. I noticed a theme though, but maybe it's regional. People born in the 50s and 60s would tell their kids to be a credit to their name. People born in the 20s and 30s would tell kids to be a credit to their race.

The latter might have some racial undertones......but dammit, no one is a credit to anything anymore. Do those girls think that the Tuskeegee Airmen would be impressed with the way they discredit the uniform? They had a REAL struggle, and had reason to be angry with and disrespect the establishment that had done them wrong......but you see Zero photos of them acting like douchebags.

The way that they completely discredit their institution of learning, show a complete lack of ability to wear the uniform or even stand up straight properly, and act like nothing more than street thugs wearing shell jackets....is a disgrace. My uniform didn't look that bad after 12 hours in 90 degree heat and processing a commercial burglary scene with no A/C......

What I take away from displays like this and the others I've seen out of the BLM movement is that "Black Lives Matter".....just as much as a Facebook Meme.
                        I think it's more of a generic Millennial culture thing than a Black culture thing. My generation in general is not that squared away; facial hair, sloppy clothes, most of my friends have little to no pride in their appearance regardless of the occasion.

The military reflects the nation that it serves. This is the way it is, you can't tell me that the 1960s/70s military was totally immune from the growing counter-culture movement at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          The way that they completely discredit their institution of learning, show a complete lack of ability to wear the uniform or even stand up straight properly, and act like nothing more than street thugs wearing shell jackets....is a disgrace.
                          The disgrace is how West Point sugar coated it and then determined that it wasn't what most of the population thought it was:

"Some have suggested that this photo solely represents political activism. The inquiry determined that this is not the case and the Commandant and I accept that finding. Groups at West Point have used clenched-fists in the past year to represent support for a team, or pride in serving the Army and the Nation. For instance, last July, the class of 2019 spontaneously raised their fist in pride upon the playing of the Army Strong song during the Fourth of July concert. Last December, on the night before the Army-Navy game, I joined hundreds of staff and graduates in raising our fist in support of the Army football team during the Army-Navy pep rally video. The time, place and manner of a symbol can also hold significant meaning and influence perception."

http://www.westpoint.edu/news/Shared...t%20Letter.pdf
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                            I think it's more of a generic Millennial culture thing than a Black culture thing. My generation in general is not that squared away; facial hair, sloppy clothes, most of my friends have little to no pride in their appearance regardless of the occasion.

The military reflects the nation that it serves. This is the way it is, you can't tell me that the 1960s/70s military was totally immune from the growing counter-culture movement at the time.
                            So where are the photos of graduating white cadets standing proudly next to a Confederate flag?

No...this is entirely racial, and these young female officers will now back a heavy price for their political activism, which the military flat out hates.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                              The disgrace is how West Point sugar coated it and then determined that it wasn't what most of the population thought it was:

"Some have suggested that this photo solely represents political activism. The inquiry determined that this is not the case and the Commandant and I accept that finding. Groups at West Point have used clenched-fists in the past year to represent support for a team, or pride in serving the Army and the Nation. For instance, last July, the class of 2019 spontaneously raised their fist in pride upon the playing of the Army Strong song during the Fourth of July concert. Last December, on the night before the Army-Navy game, I joined hundreds of staff and graduates in raising our fist in support of the Army football team during the Army-Navy pep rally video. The time, place and manner of a symbol can also hold significant meaning and influence perception."

http://www.westpoint.edu/news/Shared...t%20Letter.pdf
                              Yeah...listen to his own self-BS. " Hundreds"," the whole class", "in support of the Academy team".

These female cadets are raising their clenched fists in a racial salute to blacks, not the Academy, or the team or their class, and that is how their future commanders will seem them - female political activists - worse than a live grenade in any unit that matters, and less desirable. Even black commanders will not want them under their command. Too much potential trouble and too high a likelihood that it will rub off on their own careers.

Right now, the military is an incredibly political machine for serving officers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X