No announcement yet.

You may be next, or who will be next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt even a job like waiting a table could be taken over by robots.

In McDonalds perhaps - where everything is already standardized but in a real restaurant where you're actually required to interact with and react to customers ?
    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

An interesting discussion of how to take care of the people that will be permanently unemployed by technology in the future is at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/bu...=top-news&_r=2

No one is talking about it YET but perhaps there should be discussion about cutting population growth. If humans are going to be redundant then why encourage unrestricted reproduction?
      Homo homini lupus

Comment

One of the bots I'd like to see is a farming bot. That'd save so much money as far as labor goes...
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

It's already happening in Japan and China...

Comment

The place is not exactly crowded though and the plate appears to be empty.

I wonder what the bot will bring when I order café avec, or if the lights will flash when I shout "tournee generale"
            Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X