Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Texting a problem in today's society?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with texting. But while marching in a squad. She is a future officer and acting likr some fresh civie just of the bus. The type a Instructor makes cry like a baby. How can we expect her to take charge when she cant take charge of her self. I hope she is catering officer or posted some where that she cant get people killed.
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
      Nothing wrong with texting. But while marching in a squad. She is a future officer and acting likr some fresh civie just of the bus. The type a Instructor makes cry like a baby. How can we expect her to take charge when she cant take charge of her self. I hope she is catering officer or posted some where that she cant get people killed.
      I suspect there is many a catering officer in many an army that has made people ill and dead - not with bullets or bombs though
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        Then shouldn't she be at Annapolis? That's the problem with texting whilst marching - you can find yourself in the wrong acadamy

HPJ was referring to Biscuit as "our sailor"

TAG may have been referring to the Lieutenant possibly getting a joint billet......?

Regarding your comment....maybe she was using her GPS app in an attempt to find her academy graduation/commissioning event?

The additional crazy thing about this; it wasn't posted by someone on youtube, it was posted on West Point's official Facebook account.

Someone didn't review the video before he or she posted it....
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
          All you old folks might need to understand that for the next generation it is ok to be texting all the time. At least for the one after that it will be since they are glued to their smartphones and tablets from early age onwards.

I think that once my smarpthone breaks I am not getting a new one, or a phone at all. I dislike how things are.
          Your generation needs to understand that what is fine with you does not matter at this point. Maybe in twenty years, but for right now it doesn't.

I gave one of my guys a day off without pay for texting during a briefing.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            I suspect there is many a catering officer in many an army that has made people ill and dead - not with bullets or bombs though
            Well that a nig screw up since junior rates do most of the cooking with senior NCOs supervising and cooking the odd meal(they cook if they want and what they want) a officer they admin. So unless the beef she orderf had mad cow or somthing people are safe.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              Your generation needs to understand that what is fine with you does not matter at this point. Maybe in twenty years, but for right now it doesn't.

Texting during a briefing? He must love his girl friend.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                Texting during a briefing? He must love his girl friend.
                Well, he got more time to spend with her...
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Texting will be very transient technology as, very likely will be hand held mobiles. The micro miniaturised circuitry smaller than the chip currently used to tag your pet will eventually be embedded somewhere on the body and feed output directly to the ear and the eye. John Varley has a nice description in Steel Beach of a group of journalists sitting in a (Lunar) subway with their fingers tapping on empty air as they type their copy using virtual key boards and up load it to the net. However I think he is already outdated as they will very likely sub vocalise it and the system will convert it to text if needed. Their lips may move a little but that'll be it.
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                  Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Just wait... Soon she'll be in a position of leadership in the Army and she could well end up your Second Lieutenant...
                    No she won't. Someone will notice and that will haunt her during her career.

GG
                    "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
                      No she won't. Someone will notice and that will haunt her during her career.

GG
                      I can just imagine her platoon formations.......she'll be calling them to attention via text message...
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

For you it matters, since you're the ones complaining about it. Now and in 20 years. You should have complained 20 years ago...but back then you didn't matter. Or well, dunno how ancient you are.
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                          For you it matters, since you're the ones complaining about it. Now and in 20 years. You should have complained 20 years ago...but back then you didn't matter. Or well, dunno how ancient you are.
                          Well perhaps in twenty more years you will have learned some manners...

Comment

Since I have been driving a bus I have had someone walk right into my bus while texting twice. It scared the hell out of them looking up and seeing a bus right in their face.
                            “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

What is the fascination with twiddling one's thumbs on a hard to see micro keyboard when that same device has the ability to just call up that person to talk to them in the first place?
                              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                                I can just imagine her platoon formations.......she'll be calling them to attention via text message...
                                Better yet...their professional feedback will be in the form of the Emoji! I'm a little disgusted that we're even having this discussion.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X