Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Texting a problem in today's society?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Texting a problem in today's society?

    I wonder what was so important that she couldn't wait until the event was over?

    Some interesting deflections also:

    "Others came to the defense of the texting cadet, saying the use of the phone is a minor infraction and that critics are singling out female cadets."

    http://wncn.com/2016/05/23/west-poin...at-graduation/
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

  • #2
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    I wonder what was so important that she couldn't wait until the event was over?

    Some interesting deflections also:

    "Others came to the defense of the texting cadet, saying the use of the phone is a minor infraction and that critics are singling out female cadets."

    http://wncn.com/2016/05/23/west-poin...at-graduation/
    Texting and cell phones in general are the scourge of modern society....

    Comment


    • #3
      If done today this soldier would be texting http://dc.lib.unc.edu/cdm/ref/collection/graypc/id/4104
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post
        Texting and cell phones in general are the scourge of modern society....
        Yes, they are, especially when the individuals are driving!

        Comment


        • #5
          What could be so important that she couldn't wait until the ceremony was over to text whatever she sent? This is more an indictment that we're raising more and more narcissists.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, there's a future officer.

            A bunch of cadets were out of uniform...they were a pretty sad bunch.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              Yeah, there's a future officer.

              A bunch of cadets were out of uniform...they were a pretty sad bunch.
              Police officer.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

              Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

              you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yep, definitely a problem. I've seen bicyclists text while bicycling down the street. Texting has resulted in a social Darwin purge as these idiots don't often live long. The problem is the drivers tend to take people with them.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                  Yep, definitely a problem. I've seen bicyclists text while bicycling down the street. Texting has resulted in a social Darwin purge as these idiots don't often live long. The problem is the drivers tend to take people with them.
                  Definitely - there was a case here recently of a HGV driver (trucker) texting to his girlfriend whilst driving down the motorway. He veered off onto the hard shoulder and killed a family whose car had broken down - he is now doing time - but not enough
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                  Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Texting is fine.Texting while driving a vehicle is a sign of arrogance with no regard to others lives.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'd say its a problem. Some people don't care, and don't care to understand. During the video, she's only one on her phone. It doesn't matter if she's male or female, she's absolutely wrong. If she doesn't understand why it was so out of line to be texting during graduation, then someone needs to talk sincere with the girl and spell it out for her in deafening tones.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just wait... Soon she'll be in a position of leadership in the Army and she could well end up your Second Lieutenant...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          All you old folks might need to understand that for the next generation it is ok to be texting all the time. At least for the one after that it will be since they are glued to their smartphones and tablets from early age onwards.

                          I think that once my smarpthone breaks I am not getting a new one, or a phone at all. I dislike how things are.
                          Wisdom is personal

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            Just wait... Soon she'll be in a position of leadership in the Army and she could well end up your Second Lieutenant...
                            Our sailor isn't in the Army.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                              Our sailor isn't in the Army.
                              Then shouldn't she be at Annapolis? That's the problem with texting whilst marching - you can find yourself in the wrong acadamy
                              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X