Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As if pythons weren't bad enough

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • As if pythons weren't bad enough

    Man eating Nile Crocs in Florida. Wonder what irresponsible idiot introduced them.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/36349031
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

  • #2
    It's Florida, so, you really don't need worry they won't be eating anyone worth anything... It's sort of like releasing them in Liverpool, or Manchester...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      It's Florida, so, you really don't need worry they won't be eating anyone worth anything... It's sort of like releasing them in Liverpool, or Manchester...
      But...but isn't that the State that gave the election to GW.

      WoW TAG you must be some sort of Rino.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

      Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

      you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

      Comment


      • #4
        Just declare a open season and a bounty and the rednecks will hunt them to extinction... There's a reason that the grizzly bear doesn't exist in Ca anymore. We done made them extinct. Tool users verses some dumb animal...
        Credo quia absurdum.


        Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
          Just declare a open season and a bounty and the rednecks will hunt them to extinction... There's a reason that the grizzly bear doesn't exist in Ca anymore. We done made them extinct. Tool users verses some dumb animal...
          So how come you still got the pythons multiplying? Suspect you've got some dumb tool users too.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

          Comment


          • #6
            I did mention red-necks didn't I?

            Credo quia absurdum.


            Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

            Comment


            • #7
              One problem is if it takes a DNA test to tell the difference then declaring open season on them means loosing most of the native alligators.
              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

              Comment


              • #8
                Will they stand more of a chance against the snakes than the local alligators?
                "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  One problem is if it takes a DNA test to tell the difference then declaring open season on them means loosing most of the native alligators.
                  Not sure it requires a DNA test, but it does require reasonable powers of observation, even when the animals are out of the water. Properly trained hunters could certainly cull croc numbers with enough resources.

                  A bigger problem is the existence of the American Crocodile in Sth Florida. There are only about 2000 apparently. I think that is where the DNA testing comes in. Leaving it to Billy Bob, Bubba & a six pack of Coors will, as you suggest, be very bad news for the Alligator population and even worse news for the American Crocodile.
                  Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                    Not sure it requires a DNA test, but it does require reasonable powers of observation, even when the animals are out of the water. Properly trained hunters could certainly cull croc numbers with enough resources.

                    A bigger problem is the existence of the American Crocodile in Sth Florida. There are only about 2000 apparently. I think that is where the DNA testing comes in. Leaving it to Billy Bob, Bubba & a six pack of Coors will, as you suggest, be very bad news for the Alligator population and even worse news for the American Crocodile.
                    I fail to see a downside to making the Croc and the Python extinct in the everglades. Enlighten us...
                    Credo quia absurdum.


                    Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      I fail to see a downside to making the Croc and the Python extinct in the everglades. Enlighten us...
                      Pythons are the problem, not some giant apex predator.
                      Funny how they use low-grade humor to blame yet another problem on a part of the population that had nothing to do with causing it, and are also badgered unmercifully at every conceivable opportunity. I wouldn't give a damn about helping solve this one, either.

                      The real problem is, the Python lays 50 eggs at a time in hidden clutches. There are no predators in Florida that are looking for those eggs, thus no natural check on their numbers whatsoever.

                      If the Liberals what to confiscate something, why don't they go after all the exotic pets//potential invasive species out there?
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

                      -Captain Jack

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        Pythons are the problem, not some giant apex predator.
                        Funny how they use low-grade humor to blame yet another problem on a part of the population that had nothing to do with causing it, and are also badgered unmercifully at every conceivable opportunity. I wouldn't give a damn about helping solve this one, either.

                        The real problem is, the Python lays 50 eggs at a time in hidden clutches. There are no predators in Florida that are looking for those eggs, thus no natural check on their numbers whatsoever.

                        If the Liberals what to confiscate something, why don't they go after all the exotic pets//potential invasive species out there?
                        From what I understand those areas are a mosquito infested hell where no man would venture unless under the influence of a six pack of crappy beer...

                        Go play with crocs/ pythons/ and malaria (and zika now) ridden mosquito swamp lands...
                        Credo quia absurdum.


                        Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                          From what I understand those areas are a mosquito infested hell where no man would venture unless under the influence of a six pack of crappy beer...

                          Go play with crocs/ pythons/ and malaria (and zika now) ridden mosquito swamp lands...
                          The problem, put simply, is that pythons are predators without a real natural enemy in the 'glades, and thus prey on other species - sometimes pretty large species - to maintain themselves. Multiplying as they are in what are ideal living conditions for them, they will rip apart the natural ecological balance, just as other invasive species have done all over America.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Just declare a open season and a bounty and the rednecks will hunt them to extinction... There's a reason that the grizzly bear doesn't exist in Ca anymore. We done made them extinct. Tool users verses some dumb animal...
                            I didn't know grizzly bears used tools!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                              I did mention red-necks didn't I?

                              You did...
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X