Where do you get your news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you get your news...

Are you smarter than a Fox News viewer? How about a CNN viewer? Take our quiz to find out.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/12...How-did-you-do

Your score Average reader score
    Correct 2
    Wrong 82%
    You answered 9 of 11 questions correctly for a total score of 82%.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Are you smarter than a Fox News viewer? How about a CNN viewer? Take our quiz to find out.

Correct 2
    Wrong 82%
    Yet another of your links that doesn't work for me!
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Humm, it isn't working for me as well. I'll try to find a fix.

Comment

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/12...iz-to-find-out

Comment

Okay this link just worked for me.

Comment

I got 9 out of 11.

Comment

9 out of 11. All you had to do was give the more Progressive answer on each question and you'd almost certainly get it right.

For example, the first two asked you if you knew what economists thought versus actual now known results or what your own impression was.
              There were several other questions like that. The sources cited on many were clearly Progressive ones too.

On the whole the survey was pretty biased in its question design.

For example, question 2 about economist's predictions on Obamacare: Those are now proved horribly wrong. Obamacare is a black hole of increased government spending:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...et-report.html

Obamacare program costs $50,000 in taxpayer money for every American who gets health insurance, says bombshell budget report
              http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...lion/14861405/

Even the horribly pro-Obama "Factcheck.org" grudgingly admits it:

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/02/con...ts-of-the-aca/

Kominski stressed to us that while the costs associated with the ACA are not insignificant, they are a small portion of total national health expenditures in the United States. In 2013 alone, national health spending totaled $2.9 trillion, more than double the 10-year net cost of the ACA. The nationís total spending for that year amounted to $9,255 per person.
              Okay, not (by their estimate) the $50,000 proposed just $10,000 per person... How nice.
              Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 23 May 16, 13:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Correct 2
                Wrong 82%
                More like where do you get your propaganda, especially considering the source/link and the slant of the questions. Take the misdirection of the question on "global warming" where it starts sounding generic, but like usual liberal dialogue here, no distinction between natural or man-caused influence, yet the answer drags out the old canard about CO2 and shows the blatant bias towards the ACC/AGW agenda.

One of those quizzes/tests where one has to decide do a play the game and give the obvious sought answers to make their high score, or do I give the real answers and see how off this test/quiz really is?
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  9 out of 11. All you had to do was give the more Progressive answer on each question and you'd almost certainly get it right.

For example, the first two asked you if you knew what economists thought versus actual now known results or what your own impression was.
                  There were several other questions like that. The sources cited on many were clearly Progressive ones too.

On the whole the survey was pretty biased in its question design.
                  Seems we were on the same page about the same time.
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

I love the stupidity of "is it your impression that". Technically any answer you give would be correct as long as you weren't lying about your impression. I did notice the "that economists think" too. "Never mind the facts, what do you think our cherry picked economists thing?"
                    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                      I love the stupidity of "is it your impression that". Technically any answer you give would be correct as long as you weren't lying about your impression. I did notice the "that economists think" too. "Never mind the facts, what do you think our cherry picked economists thing?"
                      Exactly, and it's not just this questionnaire of course. Pretty much all multiple choice questions are always worded this way, and it makes no sense to me. How can you ask an open question with no right or wrong answer, and then say it has a correct answer? You're basically saying that if my impression is that american economy is failing then my impression is wrong, but you didn't ask me if my impression is right or wrong, you asked me what my impression is.

So when you see any "x thinks this way" or "poll finds out" etc. they are always, always, always flawed from the get go.

In this case, if I answered the question based on what I think or what my impression is I would get about all of them wrong. If I however answer what they want me to answer I'd probably get all of them right.
                      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
                        I got 9 out of 11.
                        Same here.
                        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Yep, the CSM is right up there with Pravda spreading the liberal pov on everything.

Soom of you guys need to make an appointment with your analysis and get some couch time.

Comment

"The National."
                            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Correct 3
                              Wrong 73%
                              You answered 8 of 11 questions correctly for a total score of 73%.
                              And i am not american

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X