Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every DoJ lawyer forced to take ethics retraining

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Every DoJ lawyer forced to take ethics retraining

    Because the DoJ is never partisan....

    http://hotair.com/archives/2016/05/2...presentations/

  • #2
    Isn't that like making the Devil take a course in humanity...?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Isn't that like making the Devil take a course in humanity...?

      Comment


      • #4
        Organized crime works tirelessly to protect one of their own, so they (MSM) will try everything possible to protect this, and the prior, POS AJ.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rkohut View Post
          Organized crime works tirelessly to protect one of their own, so they (MSM) will try everything possible to protect this, and the prior, POS AJ.
          AG.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rkohut View Post
            Organized crime works tirelessly to protect one of their own, so they (MSM) will try everything possible to protect this, and the prior, POS AJ.

            In his ruling, the Judge didn't blame the current AG. He blamed Holder.

            Nevertheless, it is a scathing indictment of the ethics (or lack thereof) at the DoJ.
            His order places a heavy burden on all Attorneys at the DoJ in 26 States.

            He apparently has barred the attorneys responsible for the lies from practicing in any State other than the one where they got their license.
            That will make it very difficult for them to do their jobs. (not that they were doing it anyway).
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

            Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

            Comment


            • #7
              Being retrained won't do any good. It's not like they didn't know what they were doing and will just continue to do what they have always done.
              “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
              ― Groucho Marx

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                In his ruling, the Judge didn't blame the current AG. He blamed Holder.

                Nevertheless, it is a scathing indictment of the ethics (or lack thereof) at the DoJ.
                His order places a heavy burden on all Attorneys at the DoJ in 26 States.

                He apparently has barred the attorneys responsible for the lies from practicing in any State other than the one where they got their license.
                That will make it very difficult for them to do their jobs. (not that they were doing it anyway).
                Or that lawyering is much of a job or something you'd want on your resume... Sort of like being asked, "Have you ever been convicted of a felony...?"

                You know... Like you're at some fancy party at someone's house and this guy comes up...

                Me: "So, what'd you do?"
                Him: "I'm a lawyer."
                Me, look of shock: "Oh my, I'm so sorry! Your parents must be terribly disappointed in you..."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  Or that lawyering is much of a job or something you'd want on your resume... Sort of like being asked, "Have you ever been convicted of a felony...?"

                  You know... Like you're at some fancy party at someone's house and this guy comes up...

                  Me: "So, what'd you do?"
                  Him: "I'm a lawyer."
                  Me, look of shock: "Oh my, I'm so sorry! Your parents must be terribly disappointed in you..."

                  Why the hate for lawyers? Whenever we discuss crime you're quick to say how great your attorney is.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
                    Being retrained won't do any good. It's not like they didn't know what they were doing and will just continue to do what they have always done.
                    The training won't make any difference, they sold their souls long ago.
                    The Judge has sentenced them to extensive and annoying "time outs" where they have to listen to other lawyers talk.
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                    Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      3 hours per year? Yep, the judge threw the book at them alright...


                      From OP link:
                      At a minimum, this course (or courses) shall total at least three hours of ethics training per year.
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                      "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                        Why the hate for lawyers? Whenever we discuss crime you're quick to say how great your attorney is.
                        Lawyers are like nuclear weapons. Most sane people would despise the idea of needing them. Nobody wants them around, but if by chance you get in a nuclear war you want to make sure yours are the most effective and annihilate your enemy...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Lawyers are like nuclear weapons. Most sane people would despise the idea of needing them. Nobody wants them around, but if by chance you get in a nuclear war you want to make sure yours are the most effective and annihilate your enemy...
                          Fair enough.

                          I heard it another way: lawyers are like nukes: once people start using them the entire situation is f*cked.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Lawyers are like nuclear missiles, - once they are released, mutual destruction is assured. Only the lawyers, like cockroaches, survive.

                            Three whole hours a year, huh? How completely underwhelming.

                            When I was a practicing PA, my annual additional documented formal training was 100 hours per year, minimum, plus what ever was needed to maintain proficiency in my specialty. My professional reading was never less than an hour per night after a long day at work, often more when I encountered something I needed to know more about.

                            Lawyers should be mandated at 1000 hours per year.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              Why the hate for lawyers? Whenever we discuss crime you're quick to say how great your attorney is.
                              Maybe he should have clarified by saying Prosecuting Atty's.... then again, even they have sent my eyebrows upwards lately.

                              GG
                              "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

                              "Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X