Google Want To Spy Inside Your Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    Yes, that appear to be the most immediate answer. However, more and more often we have to obtain a new technology or a new app in order not to be left behind. We are so now getting so accustomed to surrendering our rights to privacy that no one really reads the "agreement" anymore before clicking "agreed" or "submit".
    Left behind from what? I have my laptop, and that's pretty much all I need. I could use my smartphone to check emails and whatnot, but I really don't like this trend of being available for everyone all the time. The rest are gadgets and consumer products that most of us, if any, have no need of.
    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
      Left behind from what? I have my laptop, and that's pretty much all I need. I could use my smartphone to check emails and whatnot, but I really don't like this trend of being available for everyone all the time. The rest are gadgets and consumer products that most of us, if any, have no need of.
      You are not the target audience.

They are looking to sell to smart, successful people with upward mobility. And people who like to think they are smart, successful, and upwardly mobile.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
        Nicely put. My cellphone is for my use only for emergencies or to contact my wife. It's not for everybody else to bother me on. I don't have any apps on my brand new cellphone and I don't plan to get any.

And I wholeheartedly agree with you that the trend to have everyone constantly talking to everyone else is just plain wrong.

I believe that we should control our technology...not allow it to control us.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Xbox one can not only draw audio, but also video.

Hackers can access both audio and video from computers. Pretty soon from phones, if they can't already.

This is old news.
          A Defence Int guy told me phones are easer to hake since most people are stupid and have there Wifi, blue tooth and what not on all the time.
          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

They are looking to sell to smart, successful people with upward mobility. And people who like to think they are smart, successful, and upwardly mobile.
            Gadgets are sold to people who like gadgets, and to people who want to own (the latest) things, also techy and of course rich people. I am certainly not their target audience(like I said, I wouldn't buy these things), and that should be telling enough about the necessity of these devices as it is my field of work to write about things like these. In other words, what we/I are "left behind from" is owning the latest expensive toys.

And of course for Google in a way we are all the target audience. You use Google you can be pretty sure that they are targeting something at you. The "Internet of Things" is of course an interest for Google since then they can target you with even more ads. Imagine if your fridge can scan when it's empty, and then alert other devices like your smartphone to suggest going to the "nearest" shop. They're not interested in spying on you like NSA is, they are interest in getting all the money they can by controlling ads and gadgets.
            Last edited by Karri; 21 May 16, 11:06.
            Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Google, that champion of personal rights and privacy - - is offering a new device to be used inside our homes, operating on voice commands to provide information, control appliances ans so forth, but they have already admitted that the speaker system, which obviously has to hear us to operate properly, hears everything that goes on in our homes, and so can they.

Welcome to 1984.

Given that since my wife died I live alone they're welcome to listen to me talking to the dog and the cats and sometimes making the occasional unfortunate noise.
              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                A Defence Int guy told me phones are easer to hake since most people are stupid and have there Wifi, blue tooth and what not on all the time.
                He's right.

A lot of phones never completely turn off, either.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Probably basing this on the fact that the youth of America are now addicted to electronic gadgets.

Government paradox - spy on the affluent, but the societal danger to the nation comes from the poor and economically deprived. The rich don't riot.

Of course, the intelligence community would be far better served by closely monitoring our own politicians, who get us into more trouble than any other influential group.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Nicely put. My cellphone is for my use only for emergencies or to contact my wife. It's not for everybody else to bother me on. I don't have any apps on my brand new cellphone and I don't plan to get any.

And I wholeheartedly agree with you that the trend to have everyone constantly talking to everyone else is just plain wrong.

I believe that we should control our technology...not allow it to control us.
                    I have a "trac" phone (being the cheapest I could go) that gets used once a year or so..... The question is, what does one do with 2800+ minutes that are stacked up on my phone?

GG
                    "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
                      I have a "trac" phone (being the cheapest I could go) that gets used once a year or so..... The question is, what does one do with 2800+ minutes that are stacked up on my phone?

GG
                      Use them as a counter to calculate how many minutes of your life you haven't wasted talking to phone.
                      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X