Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Old Style Republicans plan not to vote this fall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redwolf View Post
    From a long-term perspective the real Republicans would be screwed if Trump gets to be president. Then they would be swamped out for decades while ignorance rules, and the Republicans would have difficulty winning again.

This is basically what I have been saying for months. I realize that alot of people are scared of Hillary but we also have an obligation to ensure a healthy multi-party system survives into the future. That requires a Republican Party that is capable of winning presidential elections in the America of 2050. We need to think long term. How can a 90% White Republican Party function in a nation that will be less than 50% White come 2050? It wont, we'll be a one party nation with the Democrats in total control.

Comment

healthy multi-party system survives
      Chris we don't have the multi-party and it sure as____not healthy
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post

This is basically what I have been saying for months. I realize that alot of people are scared of Hillary but we also have an obligation to ensure a healthy multi-party system survives into the future. That requires a Republican Party that is capable of winning presidential elections in the America of 2050. We need to think long term. How can a 90% White Republican Party function in a nation that will be less than 50% White come 2050? It wont, we'll be a one party nation with the Democrats in total control.
        This is utter nonsense.

That same lame excuse has been trotted out since I first voted in 1978, only back then whites were in the minority in 2015. Its punted around by frightened liberals who know their candidate is weak.

The GOP has solid representation across Latino voters. And given what forty years of being hardline Democrat has done for the black voters, one can only speculate as to what the future holds in that regard.

Those of us who are old enough will remember when Democrats were the champions of the working man and the small farmer; now they cater to the welfare state and the liberal youth.

Most Americans are single-issue voters. And they get frustrated and tend to shift sails regularly, which is why the Oval Officer changes hands at regular intervals.

The GOP in 2050 will be different than today, but it will be different because of the history that transpires between now and then. Anyone who tries to predict an election beyond the next is just wishful thinking.

After watching Vietnam I never would have thought we would casually be breaking anew the rules whose breakage was nation-ripping scandal in the 60s and early 70s, but 9/11 changed everything. It made the longest conflict in our history possible, it has made an open bombing campaign that makes the Cambodian bombing look like amateur hour, it has made operations that would shock the users of the Phoenix Program not only possible, but considered essential.

And that is just one possible impact upon the political realm; there are dozens of potential history=altering events clustered in the wings.

There is only one issue of importance in the 2016 campaign: we must stop Hillary. And only Trump can do that.

If the muslim radicals get their wish and hit us again, the future of elections will be radically changed as well.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X