Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazingly Trump could bring N Korea in from the cold (war)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazingly Trump could bring N Korea in from the cold (war)?

Trumps ‘off the cuff, ‘sound-byte’ approach to developing foreign policy interests me.
    (short pause….) Ergo the topic must be, and is by definition of interest to this forum.
    Am I right? (long pause… )

Continuing his theme of pushing the envelope and ignoring conventional wisdom and of course reinforcing his central working dynamic that EVERYONE American or foreigner can be approached to ‘cut-deal’, Trump, ever the 'maverick' has stated that so far as North Korean leader Kim Jong Un goes: "I would speak to him. I would have no problem speaking to him.”

This might just work to help reign in the so-called rogue state and perhaps bring it into the world community by baby steps.
    The beloved, dear leader no doubt has an ego the size of Texas (or Western Australia or even divine and glorious lodestar).
    Given this I believe he could be ‘reasoned’ with if he was approached by none other than the second most powerful man in the world (first in his own mind of course is the dear leader himself).

What on earth are conventional Republicans going to make of this?
    How the hell would this be sold to the GOP demographic?

Well may not be so hard.
    As I said about the issue of an American apology for the Atomic bomb attacks on Japan in 1945:
    “Some approaches in foreign affairs can really only be undertaken or attempted by strong right-of centre presidents.”
    Well given the fact that Trump’s essentially anti-free trade / pro-tariff approach to rebuilding American manufacturing is much closer to Sander’s stance on economics the issue of whether he is right of centre, or even can even be placed anywhere on the left/right paradigm is an interesting question.
    What a fascinating year this is.

Regards
    lodestar

So much
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I highly doubt that anything Trump says will have any effect over there at this time.

All that is holding that country together is the fear of being executed for saying anything bad about living conditions there or displeasing their dictator.

It will be a nightmare when it does fall apart due to the massive destruction along the DMZ that results from a short all out war effort, nuclear radiation, hundreds of thousands of dead civilians on both sides, and the millions of starving brainwashed survivors in the north that will need years of recovery aid in order to survive.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Listen to lodestar (yes that means everyone)

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
        I highly doubt that anything Trump says will have any effect over there at this time.

All that is holding that country together is the fear of being executed for saying anything bad about living conditions there or displeasing their dictator.

It will be a nightmare when it does fall apart due to the massive destruction along the DMZ that results from a short all out war effort, nuclear radiation, hundreds of thousands of dead civilians on both sides, and the millions of starving brainwashed survivors in the north that will need years of recovery aid in order to survive.
        Naw kinda doubt it.
        Most predicted doomsday apocalyptic scenarios end in fizzles and anti-climaxes.
        South Africa was going to go up in smoke because of Apartheid, the Soviet empire was either going to extend to the English Channel or become a radioactive wasteland, SE Asia was going to fall to the Communists like a row of dominoes, Japan pre-1992 was going to become the biggest economy in the world and overtake the US, the ME has been on the precipice for over sixty years.

NK may implode but with a whimper not a bang, I suspect.
        South Korea will absorb the hollow shell of the North in much the same way West Germany handled the East after the fall of the wall.

Trust me (strangely despite my bombast and nonsense, most people who meet me in person, do).

Anyway IF Trump does somehow become President and surprises one and all by an approach to the dear leader, things could work out okay.

Has he said anything about the Middle East?

Regards lodestar

Comment

Trump and Henry Kissinger

Reports have just reached me from my intelligence services that Trump is scheduled to shortly meet Henry Kissinger.

No comment from Kissinger's office so far.

If true then maybe the ole Hen is about to suggest that the USA should not dismiss Trump's ideas on foreign affairs entirely.
          " Make America great again"? Well friends and neighbors there ay be more than one way to do that.

If Trump has pulled this off then he truly is master of the media attention dynamic.

However can he keep this sort of stuff coming for the next five and a half months?

Regards lodestar

Comment

I think we will find that Trump saying he will speak to an insane foreign leader is merely a means to appeal to a different segment of voters.

Frankly, I'm not sure the Secret Service would even allow him to enter North Korea to begin with, but Lil' Kimmie will certainly try to weasel more foreign aid out of a new American president. After all, by the time the elections are over, winter is in full blast and his people will be starving even more.

Myabe Trump can trade food for warheads?

Comment

It all depends on Trump's diplomatic method...

Could work...

Comment

About time...

Saw a nuke crewman's T-shirt one time, said on the back:

Twenty-four empty tubes and a mushroom cloud...It's Miller Time!!

Comment

Best part is, we only have a truce with N. Korea. So, technically we're still at war with them...

Comment

Trump on NK interests lodestar

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Best part is, we only have a truce with N. Korea. So, technically we're still at war with them...
                    Oh please.
                    The NK PEOPLE have suffered enough for long enough under cross-generational maniacs without the Curtiss Le May (Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson [that's Turd -ison, get it?] as he was called in Dr Strangelove)loony-right fanboys wanting to 'waste 'em all!' and 'do it right this time!'

As for "the Secret Service would even allow him to enter North Korea", they can always be reminded (nicely I'm sure) that they're not running the bloody show and if a presidential visit to a certain country could be a very difficult to manage for the Service......tough luck, shut up and do your damn job.....otherwise (yep you guessed it) ...you're fired!!

Regards
                    lodestar

Comment

Amazingly Trump could bring N Korea in from the cold (war)?

Ah boy I just love it when I'm right!
                      Which of course is almost always!

Way things are going Kim Jong Un and Don are gonna be as we Aussie say 'good mates'.

IF he gets elected and actually attempts to get in touch with the 'Dear Leader' to cut deal (that is what the Americans call it is it not: 'a deal'?), he could turn it into a foreign affairs triumph.
                      His equivalent of Nixon in China.
                      It'll be springtime in Pyongyang.

Whatever we think of him (I [I lodestar, you know like 'I Robot']LIKE HIM for Pete's sake and I'm an unapologetic liberal elitist!) he is one hell of an operator!

Keep dancing Donny, they can't hit a moving target (that by the way is one of the secrets of his success - move from sound-byte to sound-byte and deprive the other guys and the gal of media oxygen - pure genius!)

Regards lodestar

Comment

Originally posted by lodestar View Post

Has he said anything about the Middle East?

Regards lodestar
                        Yes dear Lodestar. Trump has said he will be neutral on Israel-Palestine which is a very good approach IMO.

If btw Trump is elected and does end up speaking with King Jong- un, then I hope things work out the best for both NK and the USA. This is a HUGE task though. In the old USSR at least there was a lot of love and respect for FDR, but in NK I have never seen even an American flag being waived.

NK is a country I have said should be invaded, and NK officials want to invade my country the USA. Its understandable that the people of the US and NK do not like each other. But things can change, we can get along with each other. It was after all Thomas Jefferson who talked about the importance of diplomacy.

Comment

Maybe Trump is on to something

Yeah, what that lodestar guy said back in June 2016.
                          A meeting between two Texas size egomaniacal narcissists.
                          They would probably get along just fine.

They have a saying in Tasmania:
                          'The reason people take an instant dislike to lodestar is that it saves time.'

Regards
                          lodestar

Comment

Trump decides to try lodestar's N Korean option - natch!

Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                            Yeah, what that lodestar guy said back in June 2016.
                            A meeting between two Texas size egomaniacal narcissists.
                            They would probably get along just fine.

They have a saying in Tasmania:
                            'The reason people take an instant dislike to lodestar is that it saves time.'

Regards
                            lodestar
                            I love it when I get it soooo right and a lodestar prediction comes to pass!

lodestar was neither liked nor trusted. Not by those who raised him, those he grew up with and went to school with, those he worked with and associated with as an adult, nor those who know him now.
                            One woman told him she felt uneasy around him because: 'Your eyes are the colour of dirty coins.'

Regards lodestar

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

We only have to look at the fall of East Germany to see how badly that damaged West Germany even without a war.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X