Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This bathroom thing has gone way beyond being absurd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    As of today, 11 states will defy Obama's directive. More may join this group by next week. They are willing to take it all the way to the high court, if necessary.
    A Michigan lawmaker is submitting such a bill today. http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...art_river_home
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

• http://www.ksl.com/?sid=39912485&nid=148
      Dad takes a 5 year old daughter into men’s restroom in Wal-Mart because he does not want to leave her alone and gets attacked physically by a man who objected to it.
      [Clinton Police Lt. Shawn] Stoker acknowledged Adams did what many parents would do to protect their children in public places.

“This is a situation where a father felt the most reasonable and safe thing for him to do is to take his children inside the restroom with him, and the customer took exception to that,” Stoker said.

Stoker said better ways for people to address their concerns about what they see in public restrooms include notifying store employees or even calling police.

Adams, who said he still was experiencing intense pain in his knee and may have possibly suffered broken cartilage around his ribs, maintained he didn’t want to leave his 5-year-old daughter by herself or have her go into another restroom alone.
      Homo homini lupus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jannie View Post
        Dad takes a 5 year old daughter into men’s restroom in Wal-Mart because he does not want to leave her alone and gets attacked physically by a man who objected to it.
        I always took my daughters into the men's toilets when they were little. What else do people expect parents to do?
        Anyway, what's this got to do with which toilet/changing room transgender people use?
        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
          I always took my daughters into the men's toilets when they were little. What else do people expect parents to do?
          Anyway, what's this got to do with which toilet/changing room transgender people use?
          Taking a child into a restroom under those circumstances has been protected by case law since the late 1950s in the USA.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            And again, a non-baker smugly affirms that white bread can be made without flour.

I have been in meetings with our DA and others on this topic. They don't share your confidence. There is no legal definition of a trans, so there is no way to counter that defense. at this time. I don't know why that is so difficult for you to understand.

Nor are school grounds outside the law. Unless your exterior perimeter is locked down during school hours and posted accordingly, it is still a public building. And, of course, that will not impact staff and contractors. Or parent, stepparents, or persons to be contacted in the case of emergency.

And even if you are a fully locked down and posted school, if a predator is caught in a girl's bathroom, that is trespass at worst, a misdemeanor.
            It doesn't have to be legal action, though it should be. We can take disciplinary action, or move the student to a different setting. In any event, we closed out our school year with no incidents. It didn't even merit a stand up meeting to give us guidance. That speaks volumes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              Taking a child into a restroom under those circumstances has been protected by case law since the late 1950s in the USA.
              Exactly. Nothing new here.
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• During the House Judiciary Committee hearing this week...

One witness, University of San Diego law professor Gail Heriot, submitted written testimony suggesting that the desire to be recognized as a member of the opposite sex reflected a fantasy. “If I believe I am a Russian princess, that doesn’t make me a Russian princess,’ even if friends and acquaintances are willing to indulge my fantasy,’’ she wrote.

That statement invoked the ire of U.S. Rep Zoe Lofgren, D-San Jose, who said, “I’ve gotta say, I found this rather offensive. It says to me the witness doesn’t know anything and probably has never met a transgender child, who is going through, in almost every case, a very difficult experience finding themselves.’’

Heriot started to answer Lofgren by criticizing the Department of Education guidelines. Suddenly, Lofgren interrupted, pointing her finger at the professor and saying, “I think you are a bigot, lady. I think you’re an ignorant bigot.’’

After an interjection by Steve King, R-Iowa, the chair of the so-called Task Force on Executive Overreach, the San Jose congresswoman said, “I cannot allow that kind of bigotry to go into the record unchallenged.’’

“Does that mean you think I am a Russian princess?’’ Heriot asked.

“I have no idea,’’ Lofgren answered.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                  As of today, 11 states will defy Obama's directive. More may join this group by next week. They are willing to take it all the way to the high court, if necessary.
                  Glad to hear someone has some balls, literally.
                  My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Maybe Obama ought to look at the Federal government's requirements. How can they force states not to do what the Federal government requires for Selective Service?

https://www.sss.gov/Registration-Info/Who-Registration

TRANSGENDER PEOPLE

Individuals who are born female and have a gender change are not required to register. U.S. citizens or immigrants who are born male and have a gender change are still required to register.

Comment

• This whole bathroom issue can be a difficult issue, as people have feelings and they dont want their feelings hurt.

if say a women had a sex change, and now has male private parts. Well this man(now a man previously a women) should IMO be able to use the mens room. Some may say hang on a second whats to stop a women from going into a boys bathroom, or a man from going into a girls bathroom....the answer is often nothing.

Often when a crime occurs, no one is there to prevent the crime, and this is a part of life. Its for this reason that many parents in the USA sign there kids up for self defense courses. Having children take for example Karate courses is IMO a great thing for a few reasons,

-Keeps kids busy and away from drugs.

-Instills a sense of pride and standing up for oneself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                        This whole bathroom issue can be a difficult issue, as people have feelings and they dont want their feelings hurt.

if say a women had a sex change, and now has male private parts. Well this man(now a man previously a women) should IMO be able to use the mens room. Some may say hang on a second whats to stop a women from going into a boys bathroom, or a man from going into a girls bathroom....the answer is often nothing.

Often when a crime occurs, no one is there to prevent the crime, and this is a part of life. Its for this reason that many parents in the USA sign there kids up for self defense courses. Having children take for example Karate courses is IMO a great thing for a few reasons,

-Keeps kids busy and away from drugs.

-Instills a sense of pride and standing up for oneself.

Why are we indulging the mentally ill? I can see it as reasonable by comparison that homosexuals and bisexuals could be a condition that comes from natural causes. On the other hand, transsexual behavior is absolutely a choice. It is someone choosing to be something they're not. The near 50% suicide rate among transsexuals says there's something seriously wrong with them mentally as well. That isn't caused by persecution as you xan't point to any other group in history that was persecuted and had a near 50% rate of suicide.

So, the question on the table should be, Why are we coddling the mentally ill?

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Why are we indulging the mentally ill? I can see it as reasonable by comparison that homosexuals and bisexuals could be a condition that comes from natural causes. On the other hand, transsexual behavior is absolutely a choice. It is someone choosing to be something they're not. The near 50% suicide rate among transsexuals says there's something seriously wrong with them mentally as well. That isn't caused by persecution as you xan't point to any other group in history that was persecuted and had a near 50% rate of suicide.

So, the question on the table should be, Why are we coddling the mentally ill?
                          I dont believe that if one wants to have a sex change that they are mentally ill. I also do not believe that 50% of all t/s end up committing sucide. That is an amazingly high rate, so high its impossible to believe..if it was true that 50% of t/s commit suicide it would be all over the media.

The question on the table in any event is should a man who becomes a women be allowed into a womens bathroom..and IMO the answer is yes.

Here is the thing, nothing can stop a criminal from attempting a crime. We will always have criminals in society. In the first place, here in the USA there are men and women who do commit crimes against children. What we should do is continue to prosecute adults who harm children.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                            I dont believe that if one wants to have a sex change that they are mentally ill. I also do not believe that 50% of all t/s end up committing sucide. That is an amazingly high rate, so high its impossible to believe..if it was true that 50% of t/s commit suicide it would be all over the media.
                            Well, it is true.

The National Transgender Discrimination Survey, the largest study of transgender people’s experiences, found that 41 percent of transgender and gender non-conforming people have attempted suicide, a rate far higher than the national average of 4.6 percent.
                            According to surveys, 4.6 percent of the overall U.S. population has self-reported a suicide attempt, with that number climbing to between 10 and 20 percent for lesbian, gay or bisexual respondents. By comparison, 41 percent of trans or gender non-conforming people surveyed have attempted suicide.

http://www.vocativ.com/culture/lgbt/...ender-suicide/

It isn't in the news as far as I can tell because it makes the transgender group look mentally ill, which they are. Now, pro-transgender groups say it's because of persecution and bullying, but people in concentration camps, the gulag, etcetera, don't come close to those rates and they're persecuted on a daily basis far more than transgenders.

And, yes, cosmetic surgery done to excess is a sign of mental illness.

http://www.healthcentral.com/depress...866/study-link

A recently published study in the Annals of Plastic Surgery reports that women who undergo cosmetic breast augmentation are three times as likely (compared to the same age women who did not choose this procedure) to either commit suicide or suffer death related to alcohol or substance abuse. The suicides begin to show up ten years post-implant. Considering that abuse of alcohol and substances to self-medicate is higher for those with mental illness, these statistics are revealing. - The question on the table in any event is should a man who becomes a women be allowed into a womens bathroom..and IMO the answer is yes.

Here is the thing, nothing can stop a criminal from attempting a crime. We will always have criminals in society. In the first place, here in the USA there are men and women who do commit crimes against children. What we should do is continue to prosecute adults who harm children.
                            So, why do this to coddle the mentally ill? It probably will allow more criminal behavior and the mentally ill will have just one more reason to not seek the help they need.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X