Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This bathroom thing has gone way beyond being absurd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This bathroom thing has gone way beyond being absurd.

The Obama administration sent a letter Friday to every public school district in America warning them they should allow transgender students to use bathrooms consistent with their chosen gender identity, or risk losing federal funding.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...choice-n573621

What a can of worms this will create for the public school administrations if they are forced to comply with such a mandate. Your kids will no longer be safe kids in school from sexual predators, especially your little daughters.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Another dictate from Fearless Leader.

Comment

The timing of all this is horrible. This is the last thing schools need on their deck this time of year, but I don't think its going to create unsafe situations. I have worked with students who identified as another gender. Its very obvious, and admin/teachers are very aware of it. Any student who tried to use it as ruse to take advantage of other students would face charges as a sex offender, and likely be expelled from school. At least, in our district. I can't speak for other districts.

My understanding is that this is guidance, and not a mandate. With summer looming, and the President's days in office waning, I believe this to be a little grandstanding so he can say he did it. Here's a CNN article that gives a little more perspective on it: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/13/politi...nding-schools/

School districts, likewise, usually end up settling on a binding resolution with the federal government before funds are withheld, Packer said.
      The guidance doesn't specifically say that funds will be stopped if a district or college doesn't heed it.
      "We don't have clear guidance" from the Education Department on whether funds would be withheld, said Deborah Rigsby, the National School Boards Association's director for federal legislation.
      The paper issued Friday by the departments of Education and Justice "adds another voice to an ongoing conversation about how gender identity is addressed, and expresses an interpretation of Title IX that is unsettled law," the NSBA said in a news release.
      "A dispute about the intent of the federal law must ultimately be resolved by the courts and the Congress," the group said.
      Looks like colleges and universities that receive federal funding are going to be more responsive to this. The public schools can shoot him the bird for now, if they so wish.

Comment

http://www.glsen.org/article/dept-ed...trans-students

Two years ago, there was guidance from the Department of Education that Title IX protected trans students. Since they took the stand, they have no option but to enforce it. It is VERY interesting that suddenly it becomes a huge issue in an election year. Did the conservatives just save it up? Why were they not making a fuss two years ago?

Once the election is over, this will still be the law of the land and it WILL NOT matter which party wins the election.
        Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
          The timing of all this is horrible. This is the last thing schools need on their deck this time of year, but I don't think its going to create unsafe situations. ..
          Its not about the legitimate ones, its about the predators.
          And I have already posted lists of recent incidents here on this board.

Now Hussien Obama's regime has threatened to pull finding, the biggest stick they have.... unless they are going to send armed soldiers into the bathrooms.

I'd say its time for all the schools to start figuring out a way to do without Federal funding, its only about 10% in most cases.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            I'd say its time for all the schools to start figuring out a way to do without Federal funding, its only about 10% in most cases.
            Or go to single-occupancy showers and restrooms.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Totally absurd from start to finish. If you have a pole you go to the boys room. If you have a hole you go to the girls room.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Simple solution. Rent a Portajohn, stick it out back and call that the tranny restroom.
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  Or go to single-occupancy showers and restrooms.
                  Except that the militants among them would start screaming discrimination as they are now doing when such an alternative is available.
                  “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                    Except that the militants among them would start screaming discrimination as they are now doing when such an alternative is available.
                    Trouble is, there is no legal standard defining a 'trans'. So how do we keep male spectators out of women's shower rooms, dressing rooms, etc?

This is a precedent that will vastly complicate enforcement action.

And what happens as this spreads into prisons? A guy says he identifies as female, do we send him into female genpop?
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                      Simple solution. Rent a Portajohn, stick it out back and call that the tranny restroom.

This was the solution that was offered by the Palatine High School district to a boy who is claiming to identify as female.
                      The department of education said that was not satisfactory.
                      Despite the objections of the actual girls, the boy must be allowed to use the girl's locker room.
                      http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...504-story.html

If the rules now mean that a boy can change himself into a girl based on how he feels, I wonder if I can change him back into a boy based on how I feel.
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                        This was the solution that was offered by the Palatine High School district to a boy who is claiming to identify as female.
                        The department of education said that was not satisfactory.
                        Despite the objections of the actual girls, the boy must be allowed to use the girl's locker room.
                        http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...504-story.html

If the rules now mean that a boy can change himself into a girl based on how he feels, I wonder if I can change him back into a boy based on how I feel.
                        My question is why is this insanity has become important? I just don't understand why? Aside from liberal 'values' Why has this become such a big issue? I just don't get it... A guy is a guy and a lass is a lass.

Real trannies are a genetic sport, (Very rare IIRC) and should be helped. But because some guy wants to be a gal or the other way around is rather pathetic and a indication of self loathing.
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                          My question is why is this insanity has become important? I just don't understand why? Aside from liberal 'values' Why has this become such a big issue? I just don't get it... A guy is a guy and a lass is a lass.

Real trannies are a genetic sport, (Very rare IIRC) and should be helped. But because some guy wants to be a gal or the other way around is rather pathetic and a indication of self loathing.
                          I think it has become important because it is an election year and dems seem to feel that this is a winning issue for them.
                          Funny how willing they are to throw women under the bus for this.

I do not know why a person becomes or is transgendered, but am certain that their status doesn't mean their rights should automatically become superior to those of the women who don't want to share their locker rooms.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                            Trouble is, there is no legal standard defining a 'trans'. So how do we keep male spectators out of women's shower rooms, dressing rooms, etc?

This is a precedent that will vastly complicate enforcement action.

And what happens as this spreads into prisons? A guy says he identifies as female, do we send him into female genpop?

It won't just cause trouble in prisons, but your point is well taken.
                            When the government undertakes construction projects they are required to reserve a certain percentage of the contracts for businesses that are minority or female owned.
                            If I decide to identify as female, does that mean I am entitled to be considered for those contracts?

Can boys now get college scholarships to play on female teams?

Comment

I can just see a group of young males deciding that all of a sudden they are now females in thought and invading the girls locker room for shower time. Of course I'm sure that there are females that might decide to take a look at the meat in the boys showers.

Ridiculous assumption? Teenagers will be teenagers. Remember your "adventures".
                              Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X