"Hillary Clinton Gives U.F.O. Buffs Hope She Will Open the X-Files"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hillary Clinton Gives U.F.O. Buffs Hope She Will Open the X-Files"

I wonder what the media response would be if Trump said something similarly idiotic...
    Hillary Clinton Gives U.F.O. Buffs Hope She Will Open the X-Files

By AMY CHOZICKMAY 10, 2016

When Jimmy Kimmel asked Hillary Clinton in a late-night TV interview about U.F.O.s, she quickly corrected his terminology.

“You know, there’s a new name,” Mrs. Clinton said in the March appearance. “It’s unexplained aerial phenomenon,” she said. “U.A.P. That’s the latest nomenclature.”

Known for her grasp of policy, Mrs. Clinton has spoken at length in her presidential campaign on topics as diverse as Alzheimer’s research and military tensions in the South China Sea. But it is her unusual knowledge about extraterrestrials that has struck a small but committed cohort of voters.

Mrs. Clinton has vowed that barring any threats to national security, she would open up government files on the subject, a shift from President Obama, who typically dismisses the topic as a joke. Her position has elated U.F.O. enthusiasts, who have declared Mrs. Clinton the first “E.T. candidate.”

[...]

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/11/us...iens.html?_r=1
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

"Known for her grasp of policy".
    I love how party organs like the NYT just can't help themselves like this.

I read this and wondered how the NYT would have reported Sarah Palin or Trump saying the same thing.
    Somehow, I doubt they would have been as positive.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

FWIW:
      Is There a UFO Cover-up? A Government Insider Speaks Out

(No excerpts for now, want to see if anyone will actually read and pick out the salient content.)
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leslie...b_9865184.html

There is an interesting 'Catch 22' to this whole situation, when viewed in the 60-70+ year "recent" history of "flying saucers"~UFOs, etc. No major guv'mint, international player/agency is going to reveal what they might know because it might also reveal what they don't know, AND either case would give too much away to "the guys on the other side".

The tale goes that when Sputnik hit orbit in October of 1957, someone in NASA quipped "Guess their German(ex-Nazi) rocket scientists are better than our German rocket scientists." Of course there likely were other factors but one is that our space program was a bit more open than the Soviets and respective gauge, both official and public were more vague than many might have wanted.

Let's say there was a crashed UFO recovered at Roswell back in 1947 by the USAAF/USAF. Odds are that if one crashed here, one might have crashed somewhere that the USSR could recover. The Soviets would likely keep a tight lid on such event and not want to reveal any insights or "back-engineered" gains they would have made, and the USA would play the same game. Once you open the door the slightest on "disclosure" of something like this, you risk giving clues and insight on what you don't know as much as what you do, and might let "the other guys" know if they know something that you don't.

For now, it's better for all the sides and factions on this planet to play the denial, "UFOs don't exist" and "we don't have any, or any secret info on such" cards. Better to treat the whole issue as a non-subject, ain't no such thing, than to open the door even a jar. After about 40+ years of affiliation with some of the "UFOlogy" crowd, this is still a concept few can understand or appreciate.

Comment

Those are just bats that keep crapping on the crazy lady...

Comment

So Hildebeast believes in little green men...

Doesn't she realize that they are illegals?
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Those are just bats that keep crapping on the crazy lady...
            Where else - they live in her head.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I don't follow the ET bs, but there's some friggen way too fast planes that keep buzzing over my house. You hear the sonic boom that lasts for about 5 seconds, You look up and its gone by the time you think to look up...

Project Aurora?

https://fas.org/irp/mystery/aurora.htm
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                I don't follow the ET bs, but there's some friggen way too fast planes that keep buzzing over my house. You hear the sonic boom that lasts for about 5 seconds, You look up and its gone by the time you think to look up...

Project Aurora?

https://fas.org/irp/mystery/aurora.htm
                Quite likely.

Now if the same had happened about 60-65 years* ago when there was very little of supersonic tech capable aircraft of Earthly origin flying about ...
                * per some reports from the late 1940s, etc.

Comment

Did her husband swear to get to the bottom of the UFO thing? I seem to recall him saying, either as a candidate or just after becoming Pres, that he would look into it and release whatever he found.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                    "Known for her grasp of policy".
                    I love how party organs like the NYT just can't help themselves like this.

I read this and wondered how the NYT would have reported Sarah Palin or Trump saying the same thing.
                    Somehow, I doubt they would have been as positive.
                    I just couldn't bring myself to read past that point.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                      Mrs. Clinton has vowed that barring any threats to national security
                      That isn't a promise...that is another Clinton set up. She'll get the votes and then say that national security stops her from releasing any information....
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Unbelievable thread!!

Righties whining about Hillary talking UFOs when their idol, Ronnie Raygun, consulted astrologers.

Oh the irony and hypocrisy.
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Good luck this happening... She can't even produce her e-mails...

Comment

Her position has elated U.F.O. enthusiasts, who have declared Mrs. Clinton the first “E.T. candidate.
                            She does have an E.T. sized head!
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                              Unbelievable thread!!

Righties whining about Hillary talking UFOs when their idol, Ronnie Raygun, consulted astrologers.

And Ronnie was mocked because his wife consulted astrologers, but mocking Hillary for this is wrong?
                              Last edited by Cambronnne; 13 May 16, 07:09.
                              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X